Bob Kraft Comments

mabden

Just read some comments by NE owner Bob Kraft on how signing Mario Williams was a bad deal for the team because now you tie up all that money on one player and can't get an other quality players so in essence the team gets worse as a result.

Yet, meager Bob shelled out 48mil for Brady in a 2011 contract extension. Is Kraft worried, jealous, or just another NE hypocrite, or all of the above? For what it's worth, he can kiss my big, pimply, white a$$.

"FOXBOROUGH, Mass. — Two people with knowledge of the contract said Thursday night that Tom Brady has agreed to a four-year extension that would make him the NFL's highest paid player.

The extension for the New England Patriots quarterback begins in 2011 at an average of $18 million per year with a total of $48.5 million guaranteed, one of those persons said. Both persons spoke on condition of anonymity because the paperwork had not yet been filed with the NFL."

http://www.nesn.com/2010/09/new-deal-makes-tom-brady-nfls-top-earner-at-18-million-per-season.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/09/tom-brady-contract-extens_n_711578.html

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally sour grapes.

You can't tell me the patriots don't wish they had MW. Their overall defense was worse than ours and they pass rush was just as awful. The bears seem to be doing fine getting other big name players after they locked up Peppers. They still have elite players all across the team, including QB.

I saw a breakdown of Mario Williams contract.

Because of his bonus, the biggest cap hit will come this year (about $25 million).

His cap number will be VERY small in 2013 and 2014, and then gradually goes back into double digits for the last three years.

In other words, the only thing his signing will prevent is us signing free agents THIS YEAR.

So my question is, who are we missing out on?

Maybe Kraft is starting to realize that to stay true to form that they will/should trade Brady in the near future to save money and get the picks to leverage a new QB. They will not be winning another Super Bowl for a long time, and it won't be with Brady either. Kraft may not know it yet, but I am sure he feels it.

What a Frickin' Chump A$$ JEALOUS Hypocrite!!!!!! The reason they didn't have the cap space was Because of contracts like Marcia's. Oh the irony! The only thing that will make me happy is Marcia whining for a penalty after his 5th sack of the day.

Is 'Bradying' the New 'Tebowing'? After 2012 Super Bowl, Twitter Users Hope So [PHOTOS][/b] : :wallbash:

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/294688/20120207/bradying-brady-patriots-tebowing-super-bowl-photos.htm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1057515-super-bowl-2012-bradying-blows-tebowing-away

Edited by Cville Bills

He is an idiot...FA is all about overpaying for free agents....Look at what those tier 2 wr signed for....Id rather put all my eggs in the one basket of a stud DE then overpay on several contracts like the Bucs and Redskins did...Gimme a break

Totally sour grapes.

You can't tell me the patriots don't wish they had MW. Their overall defense was worse than ours and they pass rush was just as awful. The bears seem to be doing fine getting other big name players after they locked up Peppers. They still have elite players all across the team, including QB.

Valid argument....but let's not jump on the bandwagon of crazy and call Jay Cutler "elite"...good or above average yes, "elite", um...no.

Translation:

"Aw fk...now the Bills are gonna kick our* asses* for the next 5 years, all these fair-weather ass hole NE* fans* are gonna go back to being Giants fans again, and I'll be stuck with balloon payments on an empty freakin' stadium and a giant freakin' useless shopping mall out in the middle of East Bumfk, Nowhere! Damn you, Wilson...damn you to hell. If you want a Superbowl so bad, why don't you just cheat?!"

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to be undefeated...I expect to win every game." - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

Edited by The Senator

Saw this in another thread yesterday. I wonder if NE had signed him would he be singing the same song. Of course this makes the Bills better. Great signing by the Bills. If we had any defense at all, we would have beat NE twice last year.

Because of his bonus, the biggest cap hit will come this year (about $25 million).

His cap number will be VERY small in 2013 and 2014, and then gradually goes back into double digits for the last three years.

In other words, the only thing his signing will prevent is us signing free agents THIS YEAR.

That doesn't match anything I've seen

I really hope you're right about that. I had heard that the cap hit was minimal THIS year, which made absolutely no sense to me. We need to get a big chunk of that cap hit to occur in year one, cause we have other FAs to sign in the next couple of years and we need the room. If a fourth of it comes off this year, then that's very smart, IMO.

What Kraft overlooks (probably willfully) is that whether we "overpaid" or not, we NEEDED a signing like this in order to make this an attractive destination for other players. New England doesn't need a blockbuster signing right now... but in 1993 they absolutely needed to draft Drew Bledsoe and pay him stupid money in order to start turning things around. It's all about where your franchise is in the development process. A team with a decade of success and stability attracts midlevel free agents like flies. Kraft can look down his nose at how we are doing things but the truth is that it just wasn't possible for us to sign the players who were lining up to go to New England. Now it will be.

Also, he's a dick.