LET'S BUILD THIS D!!!

With the signing of the biggest defesnive free agent available in free agency, the Bills are heading in the right direction and this city is buzzing. We could still add a piece on offense through free agency but what I'd really like to do is BUILD UP THIS DEFENSE! I would use the 10th pick on another pass rusher. As apparent by the Super Bowl winning Giants...a great pass rush makes everyone look better. Our secondary looked awful last year. Leodis couldn't keep up with his own shadow. But in the same breath, opposing QB's had all the time in the world. Maybe our secondary isn't that bad?

So let's go get some more pass rushers in the draft and BUILD THIS D!!! Ingram, Upshaw, Coples...or whoever fits us the best. Go get 'em Buddy!!!! Add a couple of depth guys on the offensive line and I think we're ready to make a playoff push this year! I think our offense can compete with the best of them as we showed last year while we were healthy. Defense makes the offense better. Go Bills!

I agree. I know we need an OT, but the defense could be special with a couple more players. Let's not forget that this defense was near the worst in the league last year and Williams is only 1 player. I'd rather put the defense over the top because the offense is already pretty good. After hearing Ingram in an interview yesterday, I have a total mancrush on him. I want a guy who emulates Ray Lewis....who cares about football and winning more than anyone.

I hate to overstate things, but I think we just did build our D yesterday.

Mario is that big. Our D line / linebackers were below average, our CBs were average, our safeties were above-average. Having one of the best D lines in the league, if not THE best, improves our entire defense and takes pressure of our offense.

If Buddy is true to what he said, we aren't signing any more FAs.

I say draft offense in the first two rounds. We desperately need an OT and No. 2 WR. Our pass rush / run D will be stellar. No need to improve on stellar, IMO, at least not high in the draft.

Mario is that big. Our D line / linebackers were below average, our CBs were average, our safeties were above-average. Having one of the best D lines in the league, if not THE best, improves our entire defense and takes pressure of our offense.

I say draft offense in the first two rounds. We desperately need an OT and No. 2 WR. Our pass rush / run D will be stellar. No need to improve on stellar, IMO, at least not high in the draft.

I'm not sure we're finished with the D. Mario prefers to play Left DE. That puts Kelsay on the sideline. Who will be our right DE? Jim Kelly seems to think it's Merriman but, with his health history, he can't be considred reliable. Buffalo still needs to find a capable RDE in my opinion. Buffalo needs to resign D. Bell, trade down in Rd 1 and select a Mercilus or Andre Branch for RDE. With those moves, our D will have been rebuilt.

With the signing of the biggest defesnive free agent available in free agency, the Bills are heading in the right direction and this city is buzzing. We could still add a piece on offense through free agency but what I'd really like to do is BUILD UP THIS DEFENSE! I would use the 10th pick on another pass rusher. As apparent by the Super Bowl winning Giants...a great pass rush makes everyone look better. Our secondary looked awful last year. Leodis couldn't keep up with his own shadow. But in the same breath, opposing QB's had all the time in the world. Maybe our secondary isn't that bad?

So let's go get some more pass rushers in the draft and BUILD THIS D!!! Ingram, Upshaw, Coples...or whoever fits us the best. Go get 'em Buddy!!!! Add a couple of depth guys on the offensive line and I think we're ready to make a playoff push this year! I think our offense can compete with the best of them as we showed last year while we were healthy. Defense makes the offense better. Go Bills!

Although I have wanted a true play on an island LT since Peters left I agree with building the defense. As hyped as I am about Mario he is one pass rusher. We need another like a killer outside LB. I still want us to somehow get Kamerion Wimbley. Do a sign and trade with the Raiders before they have to release him and give up a 3rd pick.

In the draft though I think our pick will be a LT. We could always wait for Bell to realize he isn't worth much given his injury healthy and keep rotating him and Hairiston whichever is healthy on any given week.

I'm not sure we're finished with the D. Mario prefers to play Left DE. That puts Kelsay on the sideline. Who will be our right DE? Jim Kelly seems to think it's Merriman but, with his health history, he can't be considred reliable. Buffalo still needs to find a capable RDE in my opinion. Buffalo needs to resign D. Bell, trade down in Rd 1 and select a Mercilus or Andre Branch for RDE. With those moves, our D will have been rebuilt.

I think we have a guy named Carrington who can fit the bill. Having Mario opposite of him will help him alot. I see Carrington making plenty of plays this season. Come on, Kyle and Marcel in the middle and Mario on the other side drawing a TE/RB chip?!? Carrington will see plenty of 1 0n 1's. Don't forget Kelsay excells with his hand on the ground, not as an OLB. He's gonna produce when he's in there also. Man, I can't wait for the season to start!

Edited by Dopey

See your point, but I stand by my point. Maybe Kelsay can learn right DE. Maybe someone else can fill in. We don't need pass rush help in the first two rounds when we have glaring needs at OT and WR.

See your point, but I stand by my point. Maybe Kelsay can learn right DE. Maybe someone else can fill in. We don't need pass rush help in the first two rounds when we have glaring needs at OT and WR.

You want to go into the season with a hope and a prayer that maybe someone can play RDE? Buddy thinks Chris Hairston will be a very good LT but he needs some grooming. D. Bell would give us a year or two to groom Hairston. Meanwhile, after getting Mercilus or Branch in the first, Buffalo drafts that fast stud from Ga. Tech in the second. Would that be good for you?

Um, I guess you haven't noticed that that's what the Bills have been doing since Buddy took over.

There are 11 starters on D and at least 14 who need to play every game. I think your head is WAYYY out over your skis is saying the Bills have a top D-line. The left side is beastly. The right?? Kyle Williams is coming off an injury and we have no idea who the starter at RDE is. And we have NO depth. How is that a top D-line?

Okay, on to LBs. We have some parts that MAY be adequate, but they sure weren't last year. How does the same cast equate to better performance? Scheme??? Coaching??? I don't buy it. That defense still lacks talent to match up with the top D's in the league. And, if Mario goes down, there's no JJ Watt, Connor Barwin or Brooks Reid to step in and pick up the slack.

The coverage of the Mario Williams bandaid is not THAT big.

They may put Kelsay at RDE, which he has played before.

I think we can take Martin at 10, and then grab Curry or Jones in the 2nd round. I do agree we need to keep building the D. Or, alternatively, we can take Ingram or Hightower or Luke at 10, and get an OT in the second round. Are there any OT's in the second round projections. I don't know, but I know the draft is deeper there than at DE/LB.

There are 11 starters on D and at least 14 who need to play every game. I think your head is WAYYY out over your skis is saying the Bills have a top D-line. The left side is beastly. The right?? Kyle Williams is coming off an injury and we have no idea who the starter at RDE is. And we have NO depth. How is that a top D-line?

Okay, on to LBs. We have some parts that MAY be adequate, but they sure weren't last year. How does the same cast equate to better performance? Scheme??? Coaching??? I don't buy it. That defense still lacks talent to match up with the top D's in the league. And, if Mario goes down, there's no JJ Watt, Connor Barwin or Brooks Reid to step in and pick up the slack.

The coverage of the Mario Williams bandaid is not THAT big.

I agree. We need to get a top DE or LB to compliment what we have. Our D was terrible last year, 1-2 players will not fix that. I'm thinking Hightower.

I will sit tight with my earlier mock Bills Dream Draft 2012...

R1 - David DeCastro, RG, Stanford (6'5", 310 lbs.)

R2 - Dont'a Hightower, ILB, Alabama (6'4", 260 lbs.)

R3 - Chandler Jones, DE, Syracuse (6'5", 265 lbs.)

R4a-Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech (6'5", 206 lbs.)

R4b-Kevin Zeitler, RG, Wisconsin (6'4", 315 lbs.)

R5a-Terrell Manning, OLB, NC State (6'3", 233 lbs.)

R5b-Jeff Fuller, WR, Texas A&M (6'4", 220 lbs.)

R6 - Nick Foles, QB, Arizona (6'5", 240 lbs.)

R7a-Levi Adcock, OT, Oklahoma State (6'5", 322 lbs.)

R7b-Jared Crick, DE, Nebraska (6'4", 279 lbs.)

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to win every game!" - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

Edited by The Senator

I'm going to suggest something out of the box. What about Dre Kirkpatrick at #10? The Alabama CB could be the shut down corner we've been looking for and would shore up a bleeding secondary. We could pick up Vinnie Curry (DE-Marshall) or Zebrie Sanders (LT-Fla St) at 41.

DeCastro - Not against it, but it means Levitre is your LT.

Hightower - 1st rounder

Jones - 2nd rounder

Hill - 1st rounder

Adcock - 3rd rounder

Crick - 2-3rd round.

I'm not a scout and I've never seen most of these guys play. But I can read and I think your draft is wildly optimistic.

Edited by JPS

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to win every game!" - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

We will not be drafting a GUARD in the first round. I have heard 2 different teams with late 1st rounders say Hightower is their guy. Hill will be gone at least by the 2nd round with the combine he had. I wouldn't like this draft at all. AND ou have us taking not 1 but TWO guards? Pass.

IMO, if they wanted Bell back, the deal would have been done prior to FA.

Not necessarily. The Bills have made Bell an offer which he, apparently, was not satisfied with. He had a visit with Arizona but Arizona just resigned Levi Brown. Bell may learn he's not the hot commodity he thinks he is and take the Bills' offer which , I think, is still on the table.

IMO, if they wanted Bell back, the deal would have been done prior to FA.

I am not of that opinion at all. I think the Bills were not willing to pay Bell a lot of money for obvious reasons. They made him an offer they felt was reasonable, or a starting point. Bell and his agent, rightfully so, wanted to test the marketplace to find out if there were any teams willing to take a chance on him. No team did so far. Now with limited options, Bell's best chance may be to come back to the Bills on a one year contract, or an incentive laden contract. I don't necessarily predict this will happen, and it's possible some bridges have been burned we don't know about. But I don't think it's because we don't want him back. It's because we don't want to overpay for a clear risk.

I totally agree with you man. The Giants proved it last year, I think with any team, you need to build on your strengths and right now our Dline is a huge strength, if we added another formidable pass rusher, the impact that would have on the rest of the D would be priceless and we could seriously see this team be contenders to WIN an AFC championship. I am crossing my fingers that we select the best pass rusher available with the 10th pick in the draft.