Im sure Ill get call stupid for this but Id sign Evans and Maybin back

Lee Evans still has tons left in the take and he would come CHEAP!

Maybin.... Well, a first round bust with possibly the right people around him he could be a rushing QB monster. Put his ass in and let him just hunt QB's. Plus, he would come cheap also...

Why not.....

You're joking right?

Right?

RIGHT?

:censored:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If we sign them both for 1 mil per year. Sure. Otherwise....

youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc&feature=related

I like the idea. But they would have to be cheap. If TO wants to play for a year here, I'm fine with that. I'd rather have the Evans/Maybin combo. But I'd rather draft Irving, just let him go QB hunting.

I love T.O. . Most great players are aholes. Evans and Maybin.....turn the page. BTW, can you believe we got a 4th for Evans???!!

Yeah, but we only got a 4th for Lynch (I think). So I guess it all evens out.

Edited by RyanC883

You are correct. I keep on reading about these old wives tales like what a great guy he was etc. It always seemed to me that he was bitching and moaning behind the scenes. I admittedly do not have any inside information on this. Yet, every time I have asked for someone to give me information to the contrary, no one is able to do so. It seems that people just have their own views of him depending on what their view of him is a receiver.

Having said all that, I do know what he does and does not do on the field. Unless he somehow can prove that he is willing to run the routes that Chan wants his receivers to run, he has no business playing for the Bills.

TO, on the other hand, is willing to run those routes. He also is a diva and can sulk as he seemed to do when he was here. Yet, I think that we have the leaders in place to keep him in line. Plus, the guy is desperate right now.

What exactly made Lee Evans a 'leader' on the Bills?

Edited by Peter

What exactly made Lee Evans a 'leader' on the Bills?

You mean besides the fact he was a 5 time team captain, a fan favorite and holds some Buffalo franchise game records as well as being 3rd all-time for the Bills in receiving yards? Oh, I don't know... It could be statements like this that show you can man up, be a professional and take the blame (even though there were other chances to win a trip to the Super Bowl):

link

"Honestly, the most disappointing part of all this is that I feel personally that I let everybody down," Evans said, his voice brimming with emotion. "This is the greatest team that I've been on, and I feel like I let everybody down. Yeah, it's on my shoulders. I think [inside linebacker] Ray [Lewis] gave a good message coming in here. It's hard to sit here and accept how and why things happened, but it's the reality of it. It's as tough as it gets."

Take the blame and be a professional or blame it on a scoreboard error like Cundiff did..?

A quote from Ozzie Newsome when Baltimore acquired him:

link

“Our fans will remember him from his outstanding game against us,” Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome said. “He’s a quality veteran receiver who stretches the field and gives us a significant downfield presence. He’s the type of person you want on your team. He brings leadership and maturity to the locker room.

After the trade:

link

Lee Evans is a starter. Lee Evans is a leader in the locker room. Lee Evans is looked up to by his teammates. Those are facts that can't be ignored.

link

Secondly, Lee Evans was a team leader, fan favorite, and loyal player in Buffalo. He was a great mentor to the aforementioned Johnson, and Johnson had nothing but respect and praise for him.

How about the fact that no matter how bad the coaching and QBs were while Evans was in Buffalo, he was a professional about it... an example a lot of other players should consider before running their mouth.

link

Don’t get me wrong by the title of this article, in his 7 years with the Buffalo Bills, Lee Evans has been the perfect teammate. Never do you see his name placed beside a negative quote trashing his QBs and never do you see him act out on the field or sidelines, but a man can only take so much frustration before letting off a little steam.

In posting these links, in no way am I saying trading Evans wasn't what was best at the time for the Bills. But, in my opinion, he was a leader particularly while in Buffalo, on and off the field and a good example in the community.

Edited by Pigskin Altar

Maybin.... Well, a first round bust with possibly the right people around him he could be a rushing QB monster. Put his ass in and let him just hunt QB's. Plus, he would come cheap also...

Why not.....

No more Donahoe trash. No more Jauron trash!

Is that the same Ozzie that just let him go after just one year?

How do Paul Miller, Jim Racalto, or Joe B know any more than you or I do.

He did not seem like a good teammate to me. It always seemed to me that he sulked after his friend was cut. If he were such a good teammate, maybe he would be as brave as little Roscoe going over the middle.

Just my two cents. He was ok. He just was not the saint that some on this board think he was.

You mean besides the fact he was a 5 time team captain, a fan favorite and holds some Buffalo franchise game records as well as being 3rd all-time for the Bills in receiving yards? Oh, I don't know... It could be statements like this that show you can man up, be a professional and take the blame (even though there were other chances to win a trip to the Super Bowl):

link

Take the blame and be a professional or blame it on a scoreboard error like Cundiff did..?

A quote from Ozzie Newsome when Baltimore acquired him:

link

After the trade:

link

link

How about the fact that no matter how bad the coaching and QBs were while Evans was in Buffalo, he was a professional about it... an example a lot of other players should consider before running their mouth.

link

In posting these links, in no way am I saying trading Evans wasn't what was best at the time for the Bills. But, in my opinion, he was a leader particularly while in Buffalo, on and off the field and a good example in the community.

Why not.....

Yes, you will get called stupid.

Why is it always the guys with fewer than 200 posts that invariably post silly stuff like this?

Edited by BEAST MODE BABY!

Is that the same Ozzie that just let him go after just one year?

How do Paul Miller, Jim Racalto, or Joe B know any more than you or I do.

He did not seem like a good teammate to me. It always seemed to me that he sulked after his friend was cut. If he were such a good teammate, maybe he would be as brave as little Roscoe going over the middle.

Just my two cents. He was ok. He just was not the saint that some on this board think he was.

So, you seem to know exactly why he was cut by Ozzie despite several opportunities to win that game? Evans drops a ball in the end zone, man's up for it and gets cut for that reason becoming the scapegoat while Cundiff misses the FG, blames the scoreboard and is still on the roster... How about the fact that Cundiff signed a 5 year, $15 million contract before the 2011 season.. while Evans would count 5.6 million against the cap this year and would have gotten a million dollar roster bonus on March 18th if he was still on the team? Baltimore was $13 million under the cap before Evans was cut... That frees up more money for them, no? Not to mention Baltimore drafted WRs Torrey Smith and Tandon Doss in the 2nd and 4th rounds last year. Perhaps the Evans trade was a quick fix while the rookie WRs developed..? But Torrey Smith developed quicker than anticipated..?

So, you have the answers and the writers who's links I put up have no more insight or access to the team than we on a Bills forum? I wonder why they get to write the articles then..?

I always remember Evans being a consummate professional at some of the worst times during this team's last few seasons. Even while playing with QBs that couldn't get him the ball with a portable cannon strapped to their arm. A saint? Most NFL players are not that.. A team leader? Yes, I'd say so.. Just my opinion.

Edited by Pigskin Altar

That is not a stupid idea. I like both of 'em. Both could be had for relatively little money, both are good players. I think TO has way more heart than Moss. How has he looked on his new team? Anyone follow the IFL (or wherever the heck he is playing?

T.O would be hungry to prove he still has "IT". and HE'S hungry, literaly :w00t::w00t::blink:

I actually think TO is in danger of becoming mentally unraveled. But if the Bills are serious about making a playoff run and really wanted their offense to take a little step up, he would be a pretty good choice. He's pretty much exactly what we need at the #2. If we knew he was going to be the good TO, I would love to have him back and let him play a year or so at that position while we groom Easley and/or a 2-3 round draft pick.

You are correct. I keep on reading about these old wives tales like what a great guy he was etc. It always seemed to me that he was bitching and moaning behind the scenes. I admittedly do not have any inside information on this. Yet, every time I have asked for someone to give me information to the contrary, no one is able to do so. It seems that people just have their own views of him depending on what their view of him is a receiver.

Having said all that, I do know what he does and does not do on the field. Unless he somehow can prove that he is willing to run the routes that Chan wants his receivers to run, he has no business playing for the Bills.

TO, on the other hand, is willing to run those routes. He also is a diva and can sulk as he seemed to do when he was here. Yet, I think that we have the leaders in place to keep him in line. Plus, the guy is desperate right now.

So despite having no information on this, to you it always seemed Evans was bitching and moaning behind the scenes? OK....

And despite having no information to confirm this, you want others to provide contrary information to information that you acknowledge may not exist? OK...

Anyway, nothing would as quickly destroy any perceived legitimacy the Bills have gained with the Williams signing than would bringing in a destitute TO.

how does it make it to page 3 and no one has pointed out the irony of the thread title?!

Im sure Ill get call stupid for this but Id sign Evans and Maybin back

Anyone see anything wrong with that sentence? Besides it containing an idea to bring back Maybin and Lee I mean lol

You need to read my posts on this subject more carefully. I do not pretend to have any inside information on Lee Evans. None of the Lee Evans sycophants have any inside information either.

So, you seem to know exactly why he was cut by Ozzie despite several opportunities to win that game? Evans drops a ball in the end zone, man's up for it and gets cut for that reason becoming the scapegoat while Cundiff misses the FG, blames the scoreboard and is still on the roster... How about the fact that Cundiff signed a 5 year, $15 million contract before the 2011 season.. while Evans would count 5.6 million against the cap this year and would have gotten a million dollar roster bonus on March 18th if he was still on the team? Baltimore was $13 million under the cap before Evans was cut... That frees up more money for them, no? Not to mention Baltimore drafted WRs Torrey Smith and Tandon Doss in the 2nd and 4th rounds last year. Perhaps the Evans trade was a quick fix while the rookie WRs developed..? But Torrey Smith developed quicker than anticipated..?

So, you have the answers and the writers who's links I put up have no more insight or access to the team than we on a Bills forum? I wonder why they get to write the articles then..?

I always remember Evans being a consummate professional at some of the worst times during this team's last few seasons. Even while playing with QBs that couldn't get him the ball with a portable cannon strapped to their arm. A saint? Most NFL players are not that.. A team leader? Yes, I'd say so.. Just my opinion.

Same response as above.

So despite having no information on this, to you it always seemed Evans was bitching and moaning behind the scenes? OK....

And despite having no information to confirm this, you want others to provide contrary information to information that you acknowledge may not exist? OK...

Anyway, nothing would as quickly destroy any perceived legitimacy the Bills have gained with the Williams signing than would bringing in a destitute TO.

Edited by Peter