Favorite Theory for the Presser Delay

Ennjay

He changed his mind.

or

He slipped on an ice patch in the parking lot and now the Bills are trying to get out of the contract.

or

he's on the phone right now getting advice from Dwight Howard.

He changed his mind.

or

He slipped on an ice patch in the parking lot and now the Bills are trying to get out of the contract.

or

he's on the phone right now getting advice from Dwight Howard.

My advice to you- don't quit your day job to become a comedian.

Waiting for a slowdown in season ticket sales today. Phone lines have been melting today, so they are going to wait for it to slow down and have the presser. So it will go back up again :)

Or ... waiting for the extra sales people to arrive at the ticket sales office :)

Edited by CodeMonkey

Jeff Littman: "Wait, wait, wait. I thought is was 6 years for $9.6 Million? Did you say $96 Million???? No way guys, no freaking way. Tell him NO, absolutely not. We bought him dinner - TWICE - plus two lunches AND we had bagels this morning when he got here - enough is enough. If he'll take the $9.6 million he can sign, I'm not happy about it, but we'll do it."

wgr just said its " contract language "

Just so long as the language Mario has a problem with isn't "player agrees to play for the Buffalo Bills."

Edited by Ennjay

"Contract language"?

Lawyers need to make their money too. Wording about incentives etc.

@AdamSchefter No other team stepped in at last minute. Bills and Mario Williams still wrapping up language details before wrapping up contract

PTR

Maybe that's what he is waiting for, like a Governors pardon at 11:59 ;)

Considering how long lawyers usually pour over the language and details of any contract, I am always amazed when they bang out one of these enormous player contracts in just a couple hours. I realize there's a standard template, but still, it's not like Williams brought his legal team with him; there are probably ten guys in a Houston lawfirm reading the same final draft right now looking for any last problems.

Had to sell the AV equipment to pay for the contract. The Bills plan to call New England. word is, they have some lightly used video equipment that they aren't supposed to be using anymore.

-Bill

Edited by BLeonard