Buffalo has talked to Mario Manningham- Per shefter

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PTR...Ward is a Steeler legend. If he had anything left in the tank, they would not have cut him loose.

I'm pretty sure that he was basically begging to re-structure as well but Pittsburgh wouldn't have it.

Article on remaining WR FAs.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/03/15/free-agent-wide-receivers-whats-left/

Is Steve Smith totally shot? He was a very solid WR for the Giants before he got hurt.

And I hestiate to say it, but what about Plax? He might not be the same guy as he was in 2007, but he's still a big body in the red zone.

Article on remaining WR FAs.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/03/15/free-agent-wide-receivers-whats-left/

Is Steve Smith totally shot? He was a very solid WR for the Giants before he got hurt.

And I hestiate to say it, but what about Plax? He might not be the same guy as he was in 2007, but he's still a big body in the red zone.

I think Steve Smith is similar to what Stevie Johnson brings to the table, in terms of skill set. I read a Schefter tweet that indicated that the Bills weren't on Plax's radar or vice versa, but the Eagles were looking to sign him.

According to Sal on gr this morning the Bills stated they have not talked with Mario Manningham :unsure:

Yeah Buddy Nix stated as much. I tend to believe him on this as throughout his tenure he's been pretty straight forward. I dont think we'll be signing a wr in free agency

Yeah Buddy Nix stated as much. I tend to believe him on this as throughout his tenure he's been pretty straight forward. I dont think we'll be signing a wr in free agency

I agree.

But if they were willing to sign Meachem, it makes you wonder will they make another move.

Either way i think they wait now. let some of the guys out their sweat, as every team will. The big players are all gone. It is down to the second level guys. The longer they sit, the more their price drops.

Maybe Buddy will pick up an OLB or CB now instead, if he thinks the money is better spent that way.

Then draft your other areas of need in the first 3 rounds?

I'm torn on a WR. I like them building the lines more than working on the outside. I think Stanford LT- Jonathan Martin should be our #1 choice.

Marcus Easley is being forgotten here- even though he has not proven durable.

I also wouldn't rule out any possible trade on draft day- though in the NFL trades are rather rare.

I don't know. There are still holes on the Bills roster. LT, WR, CB, and OLB. Nix has indicated that this year the draft is deep in linemen. Maybe we do draft a WR in the 1st, but with our spate of bad luck drafting at that position (Evans, Easley, and Hardy), I am a bit concerned over using such a high draft choice for the WR position. And we could really use to solidify the LT position for years to come.

I wouldnt mind manningham but im sure we can find a receiver in the later rounds...Marvin McNutt. Also are we done looking in FA for anyone, i thought the FO said they were going big...i know mario was huge but i think we need to get a CB or WR to plug in now and get depth thru the draft.