Buddy Nix Place a TON Of Pressure On Ownership

If they are not going to land Williams or Jackson (which is fine), they sure as heck better be getting one DE and WR just a level below those two. They are going to HAVE to overpay so just expect that in the process.

Colston, Garcon, Lloyd, Meachem at WR

Mincey and Wimbley on D

Buddy just said hoping to have their larger targets wrapped up by Friday. I REALLY hope he knows what he is saying because there is a LOT of hope floating around out there....

If they are not going to land Williams or Jackson (which is fine), they sure as heck better be getting one DE and WR just a level below those two. They are going to HAVE to overpay so just expect that in the process.

Mincey and Wimbley on D

Buddy just said hoping to have their larger targets wrapped up by Friday. I REALLY hope he knows what he is saying because there is a LOT of hope floating around out there....

BB, this may sound crazy but I have bought into the Buddy plan the last couple of years and I would actually prefer it if they focused on being aggressive with that next level down.

I think Williams and Jackson are great players. I just don't know about putting a good deal of eggs into those baskets and thinking we are all set.

Bills’ free agency plan: Big splash now, out of the market by Friday

Bills General Manager Buddy Nix said this morning that the team is planning to make waves with a free agent signing or two that makes the league take notice, and that once those big deals are done, the Bills will be done and moving on to preparing for the draft.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/13/bills-free-agency-plan-big-splash-now-out-of-the-market-by-friday/

Mincey and Wimbley on D

Out of those I think Garçon fits gaileys system the best

Well, they'd better sign someone of consequence. After the collapse last season combined with the results of the last 12, it's going to take a lot more than freezing ticket prices to put asses in the seats.

As I've written before, I'll start caring about this team and buying merch again once I get an indication that someone at OBD actually gives a crap beyond skimping so the owner can pocket the extra $30M.

There's a difference between making a big splash and making a deal out of desperation. I don't want Nix to swing a deal just to placate fans. Spend wisely. Sign the right people. Don't get auction fever.

PTR

+1

I wonder what the general public reaction would be to a Garcon/Robinson + Wimbley pickup. Probably doom and gloom since they're not as familiar as Mario & Vjax, but arguably smarter.

Nix wouldn't be that forward with those comments without a plan in place and probably and a ridiculous amount of questionable player tampering behind the scenes to allow him to make those comments to the media.

If there was even a question about free agents coming to Buffalo, Nix would have kept quiet. In my opinion, the Bills already have commitments from players.

Exciting days to be Bills fans. Wonder who we got.

BB, this may sound crazy but I have bought into the Buddy plan the last couple of years and I would actually prefer it if they focused on being aggressive with that next level down.

I think Williams and Jackson are great players. I just don't know about putting a good deal of eggs into those baskets and thinking we are all set.

I agree about going after that next tier of players.I think they really HAVE to get one of those top 3 DEs and add another in the draft.

+1

I wonder what the general public reaction would be to a Garcon/Robinson + Wimbley pickup. Probably doom and gloom since they're not as familiar as Mario & Vjax, but arguably smarter.

I personally wouldn't mind Garcon but I know there would be TONS of hypocrites who would like Garcon but bash Stevie for having the case of the dropsies. Garcon drops the ball a lot

I heard Garcon turned down big offer from Indy ... seems he wants to get paid. Garcon will not land in Buffalo.

Also, who will throw ball to Vincent Jackson? Fitzy? VJ will want a team with a more "elite" QB who can deliver accurately (and a BIG paycheck) . VJ will not land in Buffalo either.

Maybe Meachum?

Sounds like Nix and Brandon have upped expectations a tad today. If they don't sign someone of consequence, the reaction will be similar if not worse than when they courted Cowher and Shanahan while ending up with Gailey.

We'll see in about 4 hours.

Mark my words, the team will sign some free agents, but do not expect them to be anybody anyone else would pick up first.

This team has been and always will be stuck in neutral until ownership decides it's OK to spend to win.

Thinking, wishing and hoping this will change is pointless. I watch the team and will enjoy them while they are still the Bills, but I don't expect much until ownership changes, or lightning strikes the current owner, scrambling his way of running this team and decides to open the team up to it's paid managers.

Edited by McKinleys Curse

Sounds like Nix and Brandon have upped expectations a tad today. If they don't sign someone of consequence, the reaction will be similar if not worse than when they courted Cowher and Shanahan while ending up with Gailey.

We'll see in about 4 hours.

My feelings exactly. I have been expecting nothing more than last year, but today they really seem to try say they will make some noise. If they don't sign at least one starter who can impact the team to the playoffs, then there will be a lot of hate going around. They even got me convinced, and more than likely they will make me look like a fool.