The Merriman tweet to VJackson

The words mature and name Stevie Johnson are seldom heard in the same sentence. Could this be the start?

Stevie is mature and if you've never met the guy, you wouldn't know. He has his head on straight and is VERY mature. So he likes to celebrate in the end zone. I've only seen 1 TD celebration that was in poor taste. God forbid he lifts up his jersey and has "Happy New Year" on his t shirt. He's such an azz !!! How dare he say Happy New Year !!! Give me a break

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stevie is mature and if you've never met the guy, you wouldn't know. He has his head on straight and is VERY mature. So he likes to celebrate in the end zone. I've only seen 1 TD celebration that was in poor taste. God forbid he lifts up his jersey and has "Happy New Year" on his t shirt. He's such an azz !!! How dare he say Happy New Year !!! Give me a break

Send this to Chan ASAP! How dare he sit down Johnson for a half, after his "mature" celebrations. <_<

So Shawna Merriman tweeted Vincent Jackson this morning, trying to convince him to come to the Bills.

https://twitter.com/#!/shawnemerriman/status/179213315648651264

First, let me say that taking ten seconds to tweet someone is not really "reaching out".

Second, let me say that I think we have about a 1% chance of signing him, mostly because of the Redskins and two teams who may get in a bidding war with them.

But third, it says that Merriman still likes and wants to be in Buffalo -- which is good even if he cannot play a lick -- and also, there is nothing he has heard internally that thinks they won;t go after VJax or spend the money it would take to go after a guy who will make $10 mil, which is probably the best thing about this.

Not that the players would actually know what the team is thinking and doing, but they may know through some channels whether they are not doing something.

So, in other words, it's a little something that means nothing that means something.

This is about the only contribution Merriman has had. Now if we only paid him a 5 figure salary for public relations not a 7 figure salary to get operations we would have even more money to go after some difference maker FAs.

Edited by PDaDdy

Signing Merriman may be one of the best FA signings in years. Not for what he's done on the field, but for what he's doing off it. I believe this is the 2nd consecutive off season that he's openly recruited quality players to come to the team. He is no doubt spreading the word around the league that Buffalo is a good place for FAs to play. And, IMO, that's every bit as important as being willing to pay them.

I absolutely agree with this.

I liked the press conference where he said he'd had an operation, so that now if he reaches for a permanent marker in the locker room he gets an electric shock.

Agreed on most accounts. However, I think this generation of kids will not be able to distinguish between they're, there and their and your vs. you're because of texting and twitter, etc.

You mean like, seemingly, half the posters on this board?

The Redskins are going to have a tougher time bringing in VJax with 36 MILLION less in cap space LOL

^ this....

This news is good news for the bills if they really want to pursue Vjax. They just had one major bidder almost shoved right out of the picture

Agreed on most accounts. However, I think this generation of kids will not be able to distinguish between they're, there and their and your vs. you're because of texting and twitter, etc.

Perhaps not, but language is changing so quickly, that you should be more concerned whether YOU will be left behind, unable to interpret the new conventions of the language, than if the next generation isn't speaking the Queen's English.

Y'all see Drayton Florence's tweet:

Gotta imagine Jackson is the target with Nix saying we're gonna aggressively target a difference-maker and now all these tweets from Bills players to Jackson. Lots of ways to skin a cat. We'd have a lot of money tied up in WR's, but we'd also potentially have an inexpensive O-Line if we can find a starting LT at pick #10.

I think I'm in the minority, but I'd rather see us get Pierre Garcon. However, I would also be ecstatic if we get Vjax instead. I just think Garcon would fit better, is younger, and would have a better fitting price tag and let us pursue other help.

Either would be great though.

I think I'm in the minority, but I'd rather see us get Pierre Garcon. However, I would also be ecstatic if we get Vjax instead. I just think Garcon would fit better, is younger, and would have a better fitting price tag and let us pursue other help.

Either would be great though.

agreed! or Laurent Robinson/Meachem and then extend Levitre and Byrd

agreed! or Laurent Robinson/Meachem and then extend Levitre and Byrd

I'd gladly take either Garcon or Robinson. I'm not sure why people are so enamored with Meachem. The guy's a bum. A first round bust who's never lived up to the hype. I want no part of him. Do the right thing Buffalo and say "no" to Robert Meachem - a total waste of money.