• 4-6
    • 7-9
    • 10-12
    • 13-16

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way this team looks now, I'd say another six-win season. -Maybe. Our passrush, secondary, and quarterback issues make us a pretty bad team compared to most of the competition.

As of right now, we'd be lucky not to start the season 0-5

thats a really nice schedule.....rams, hawks, jags, colts, browns???

Well you know what, it comes down to whether or not we can fair well in our division. If we go 4-2 in our division next year then we are golden

It seems we'll be playing Peyton Manning at some point this season. It looks like we play every potential landing place except Washington

Actually, we won't - because he will not pass any team’s physical, and will never play another down in the NFL - and for that alone, Gregg Williams should be banned by Goodell from ever coaching again in the the NFL!

The way this team looks now, I'd say another six-win season. -Maybe. Our passrush, secondary, and quarterback issues make us a pretty bad team compared to most of the competition.

As of right now, we'd be lucky not to start the season 0-5

Fast starts have not been good years for the Bills. Look at 2003, 2008, 2011

2003 (6-10 overall)

Week 1 New England Patriots, W 31–0

Week 2 at Jacksonville Jaguars, W 38–17

2008 (7-9 overall)

Week 1 Seattle Seahawks, W 34–10

Week 2 at Jacksonville Jaguars, W 20–16

Week 3 Oakland Raiders, W 24–23

Week 4 at St. Louis Rams, W 31–14

2011 (6-10 overall)

Week 1 at Kansas City Chiefs, W 41–7

Week 2 Oakland Raiders, W 38–35

Week 3 New England Patriots, W 34–31

Perhaps it would be okay for a slow-ish start. I mean, I don't want them to get too carried away...

The Bills are facing off against the AFC South and the NFC West.

http://msn.foxsports...ach-team-010212

Of course I realize most teams are going to be significantly different by the time the season starts... but I'm a little bored with the same FA and draft thread topics, so I thought I'd throw this out there to hopefully keep us busy until 4pm on Tues.

at home:

JAX - W(They have MJD... and that's about it)

TEN - W(They have CJ2K, and that's about it)

KC - W(After what we did to them in KC this year, I don't think they stand a chance coming in to Buffalo)

STL - W(Questionable team, just may contend in the NFC West, but that's the NFC West...)

SEA - W(Who is their QB gonna be? Beast mode gets a hosile welcome in his return)

MIA - W(Even Miami don't know who they are or who they are putting on the field. Switch from decent 3-4 to 4-3 doesn't fit their personnel)

NE* - W(I think we get them at home again this year. Their dominance is declining)

NYJ - W(They have completely self-destructed. Their locker room is imploding and Sanchez's new deal won't help...)

away:

HOU - L(depending on their QB situation, could be a W, since Schaub can't seem to stay on the field)

INDY - W(Even Irsay says they are rebuilding and are a few years away from being competitive)

CLE - W(Colt McCoy has proven he is anything but reliable, consistent and talented)

ZONA - L(Could turn out a W depending on which Kolb shows up - or who else they can throw behind center)

SF - L(Just a solid, hard-working, physical, defensive-minded team. There's a reason they were in the NFC title game)

MIA - W(See above)

NE* - L(I still think a sweep of the pats* could be a stretch, and I think the best chance of beating them is at home)

NJ - W(See above)

I think the Bills have a good chance of taking care of business at home. I don't think it's crazy to expect 7 or 8 wins.

I also think MIA and NYJ on the road are winnable. Add in CLE and IND and I'm thinking the Bills have a good shot at 10-11 wins. That ought to get them in at least wild card contention.

So, what do you guys think? Are there any games you're ready to pencil in as Ws? or is it really too early?

I'd also be interested to hear what you think might be the difference in some of the closer match ups, i.e. if team x signs/drafts so and so, we don't stand a chance, and vice versa. (There, I threw in some FA/Draft speculation for you! :thumbsup: )

Just my humble opinion based on an incomplete offseason. We all know that anything can happen and any team can come out of nowhere, so this is by no means a prediction, just an analysis performed with the information available now.

Playing the NFC West and AFC South will likely give us the best chance of getting to double-digit wins.

But, in the words of The Senator: "19-0! Superbowl Champions Baby!!!!!"

Just my humble opinion based on an incomplete offseason. We all know that anything can happen and any team can come out of nowhere, so this is by no means a prediction, just an analysis performed with the information available now.

Playing the NFC West and AFC South will likely give us the best chance of getting to double-digit wins.

But, in the words of The Senator: "19-0! Superbowl Champions Baby!!!!!"

4-12 to 6-10 to 12-4 and undefeated at home (including Toronto) huh :) I know it is too early to say for sure as you stated, but I love the offseason ;)

I don't expect any big name FA's landing in Buffalo. But if Nix has another successful draft, and combine that with what on paper anyway looks like a easier schedule and I can see 8-8 as very possible.

If I look at the schedule and the team.. I can realistically get to 8 or 9 wins. Every game on that list is winnable, but of course that doesn't mean we're going to to go undefeated.

We really need to play our division opponents well. I cant see us going 2-4 in the division yet making the playoffs. The Jets and Dolphins should be competitive this year and everyone is going to be fighting for that wildcard spot. The schedule looks good though!

It's going to take at least 9 wins to prevent an uprising after 12 years of no playoffs. I don't see the Bills not having a winning season--Nix and Gailey after three years are at that point when they have to turn things around or else.

Seems like we're keeping most of our core intact, and if we get a solid No. 2 WR, a stud DE, a solid OT and some depth, I don't think 11 wins are out of the question, especially considering the (at least now) weaker division opponents and the fact that we started off so hot last season before the injuries.

I concur and can we ALL agree that not having a winning record this year is a total and complete failure. I will even concede that maybe playoffs are not in the picture but if this team is not playing meaningful games through December (ALL OF DECEMBER), than major changes will be made once again. To me, playoffs just seem like they will never happen but can you just make my ticket meaningful when I go to the stadium in mid December? It really should NOT be too much to ask.....

I really believe that if we play the way we played from September through October evey one of those games are very winnable perhaps with the exception of @ Houston and @ San Fran (and even those games wouldn't be impossible). Glad that it's sounding more likely that we won't have to face Peyton twice.

Way too early for me to prognosticate. I need to see what happens with this defense in FA and the draft and what Pre-Season looks like.

So I'll just assume 19-0 until then.

I do know that my road game this year will be Indianapolis to see the young, Master Luck play.

or to San Francisco to see the debacle that will be let down from the NFC championship game.

I concur and can we ALL agree that not having a winning record this year is a total and complete failure. I will even concede that maybe playoffs are not in the picture but if this team is not playing meaningful games through December (ALL OF DECEMBER), than major changes will be made once again. To me, playoffs just seem like they will never happen but can you just make my ticket meaningful when I go to the stadium in mid December? It really should NOT be too much to ask.....

Agree.

But I will add that no playoffs next season will be a failure. I think we should have been playing meaningful games last December.

New England, mainly Brady can't go on forever. Our record depends on how we perform against our division. I think the Jets are old, Miami is retooling, and New England is aging at QB and WR. I think we go 4-2 in the AFC East and go 2-2 vs NFC West and 2-2 vs AFC South and beat Cleveland and Kansas City to go 10-6. Will that get us in the playoffs who knows.

Barentt will have been in our strength and conditioning program for a year now so he'll most likely have a season ending injury early on. Add that to the other 10 starters that will go down and I say our back-ups will go 1-5 in the division and 4-6 out.

Now if the football gods decide we've paid enough penance (for what I don't know) and removes the curse I can see 10+ wins.