2012 Opponents

126 members have voted

1. 1. How many wins do you expect?

• 0-4
    • 4-6
    • 7-9
    • 10-12
    • 13-16

The Bills are facing off against the AFC South and the NFC West.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/nfl-announces-2012-opponents-for-each-team-010212

Of course I realize most teams are going to be significantly different by the time the season starts... but I'm a little bored with the same FA and draft thread topics, so I thought I'd throw this out there to hopefully keep us busy until 4pm on Tues.

at home:

JAX

TENN

KC

STL

SEA

MIA

NE

NYJ

away:

HOU

INDY

CLE

ZONA

SF

MIA

NE

NJ

I think the Bills have a good chance of taking care of business at home. I don't think it's crazy to expect 7 or 8 wins.

I also think MIA and NYJ on the road are winnable. Add in CLE and IND and I'm thinking the Bills have a good shot at 10-11 wins. That ought to get them in at least wild card contention.

So, what do you guys think? Are there any games you're ready to pencil in as Ws? or is it really too early?

I'd also be interested to hear what you think might be the difference in some of the closer match ups, i.e. if team x signs/drafts so and so, we don't stand a chance, and vice versa. (There, I threw in some FA/Draft speculation for you! :thumbsup: )

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What IF the teams we faced had players who could be "unhurt"?

If everything is equal, and no one is injured on any team, I take the Bills in at least 9 games last season. Looking at how we performed in the first 4-6 weeks, before we lost K Williams, Woods, Bell, Jackson, Lindell, Merriman, etc.

I think the Lindell injury alone cost us 1, if not 2 games.

Edited by DrDareustein

My count is 9 but that was counting STL, NYJ (home), HOU, ARI, SF as loses and giving NE the sweep. I voted 10-12 cause we should sneak some quality wins in this year. I really belive they will be on a playoff run in 2012. My 9 count was the games I saw as "locks"

It's going to take at least 9 wins to prevent an uprising after 12 years of no playoffs. I don't see the Bills not having a winning season--Nix and Gailey after three years are at that point when they have to turn things around or else.

Seems like we're keeping most of our core intact, and if we get a solid No. 2 WR, a stud DE, a solid OT and some depth, I don't think 11 wins are out of the question, especially considering the (at least now) weaker division opponents and the fact that we started off so hot last season before the injuries.

Kinda early for this poll, far to soon for me to predict anything at this point

We don't even know the free agents teams will acquire, Jets, Dolphins, Patriots. We don't know what players will be drafted to what teams.

Does Miami acquire Peyton Manning?

to many questions, not enough answers.