For the Russell Wilson Fans

jocap55

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not too worried. Wilson played behind some HUGE O-lineman at Wisconsin. The shortest guy appearing to be 6'4'', the tallest 6'8''.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1085559.html

Ralph said he wants 'runners'. -This kid runs like a thoroughbred on PCP. I thought Wilson looked damn good running a pro-style offense at NC state, but I had no clue of the athlete he was until he went to Wisconsin. This kid learned a completely different system in THREE WEEKS. He went from throwing accurately over big linemnen in the ACC, to throwing even more accurately over even bigger linemen in the Big-ten. How do you knock a guy that goes from from ACC wannabe to Big-ten Champion in under A YEAR?

You don't. You DRAFT him.

We can't pass on this guy. I'd take him in the 3rd.

IF i were the bills and drafted wilson i would team up with nike, under armer etc... to develop a cleat that adds about 2 inches to his height making him more of the 6-2 range on the football field. Innovtion moving forward

Interesting. Serious question here. Is there any rule against doing something like this to add a little height for a QB? Would it be illegal equipment?

Interesting. Serious question here. Is there any rule against doing something like this to add a little height for a QB? Would it be illegal equipment?

I think it would be hard as hell to maneuver, scramble and run in high heels.

Russell isn't the only one visiting with the Bills today. He is there with Trent Richardson, Mike Adams, and Chandler Jones

Here is the link: http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Richardson-headlines-top-draft-talent-visiting-Bills/0219468d-f1e1-4923-84c6-4387e1538e3c

Edited by Beastly Dareus

How tall were the linemen at Wisconsin?

I know in a recent interview he was making the point that he was already used to huge linemen, but the analyst came back and pointed out that his accuracy numbers were significantly worse when he was throwing from the pocket. I dunno, I'm a big believer in "if they don't do it in college, they won't do it in the NFL"...so when you have someone this productive, I say give the kid a shot. I'd love to see what he can do if we can grab him with a later pick.

I'll go on record saying now that whoever gets Russell Wilson in the 4th or lower rounds gets a steal. I watched this kid plenty enough to believe he will be a success in the NFL. Accurate, yes he's very accurate. Can he read a defense? Yes, he's very intelligent. So he's 5'11" but that's his ONLY issue.

Edited by seq004

Admittedly, I feel that TOO MUCH is made of this particular test score. That said, I wouldn't feel great about drafting a kid that scored, say, a 4, or some other miserable single digit out of 50 potential points. IMO, it's not a red flag, but rather an emergency flare fired from a vessel in SERIOUS distress. I won't expand on that because it's being discussed on another thread.

Still, Per the Wisconsin-Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, Russ Wilson rocked a 28 on his Wonderlic test. Granted, It's not a 48 like old whats-his-face, but it IS the identical score achieved by one Drew Brees, and one (dare I say it!) Peyton Manning.

FYI, Per yahoo sports, the NFL average is 21.

Check out some of your favorites on this Wonderlic score slideshow and sound off!

Edited by #34fan

I can't imagine Wilson in a Bills uniform. He is draftable, yes, but despite the great workout, he is a project, and David Lee already has 3 of those on his hands.

This brings me back to the recent story which had Gailey commenting on the increased use of the spread/read option and in particular his comment that it might come to pass that teams will need to have two quarterbacks who can run that offense (I'm paraphrasing from foggy memory caused by the battle between sudafed and benadryl for control of my brain).

Could the Bills cut Thigpen in favor of a draftee? Doesn't seem likely but stranger things have happened.

4 inches is a lot, even 2 inches is a lot

Happy to know that.