For the Russell Wilson Fans

jocap55

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Admittedly, I feel that TOO MUCH is made of this particular test score. That said, I wouldn't feel great about drafting a kid that scored, say, a 4, or some other miserable single digit out of 50 potential points. IMO, it's not a red flag, but rather an emergency flare fired from a vessel in SERIOUS distress. I won't expand on that because it's being discussed on another thread.

Still, Per the Wisconsin-Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, Russ Wilson rocked a 28 on his Wonderlic test. Granted, It's not a 48 like old whats-his-face, but it IS the identical score achieved by one Drew Brees, and one (dare I say it!) Peyton Manning.

FYI, Per yahoo sports, the NFL average is 21.

Check out some of your favorites on this Wonderlic score slideshow and sound off!

Mods,

I think merging this independent thread into a Russell Wilson megathread was premature.

The thread had some pretty distinct information, and also provided a link the whole board could have benefited from.

I believe it should be re-instated as a normal thread, and allowed to die it's own natural TBD death. Thank you.

It's a waste because you don't use a top draft pick on a "quality backup." The Bills have needs at OL, WR, DB, and LB that would be better served with those top selections. If Wilson can be snagged in the 5th or later, then I'm all for it.

I'd take him in the 4th if it meant a quality backup. Frank Reich was drafted in the 3rd round in 85, I believe. That was worth it to me. He did well as Kelly's backup. Anyone remember the Houston comeback?

IF i were the bills and drafted wilson i would team up with nike, under armer etc... to develop a cleat that adds about 2 inches to his height making him more of the 6-2 range on the football field. Innovtion moving forward

http://elevator-insoles.com/

Yeah height is always a worry, i watched a lot of big ten football and the guy is athletic enough. Fitz will be gone in 3 years and wilson can develope over time...plus height shouldnt be to bad if doug flutie can do it.

the thing all of the Flutie lovers forget is that he couldn't get it done consistently. That was the problem.

If you're not picking a QB in the 1st round don't bother taking one later. The percentages are very low a QB picked in the later rounds ever develops into a franchise player. If you're just looking for a career back-up than maybe, but you can find back-ups elsewhere. There's a much higher value taking just about any other position.

The Bills have too many holes to fill to be lighting late round picks on fire.

Then you are comfortable with Thigpen as your backup? I'm not.

Ralph said he wants 'runners'. -This kid runs like a thoroughbred on PCP. I thought Wilson looked damn good running a pro-style offense at NC state, but I had no clue of the athlete he was until he went to Wisconsin. This kid learned a completely different system in THREE WEEKS. He went from throwing accurately over big linemnen in the ACC, to throwing even more accurately over even bigger linemen in the Big-ten. How do you knock _a guy that goes from from ACC wannabe to Big-ten Champion in under A YEAR?

You don't. You DRAFT him.

P c p is a horse tranquilizer... just in case you want to use that simile again in the future...

P c p is a horse tranquilizer... just in case you want to use that simile again in the future...

Yah, that's what the horse WANTS you to think. ;)

I'm kidding. -I've actually known that fact about PCP since junior high.

I use the term "on PCP" in everyday speech for effect. -Kind of the same way people use the term "sweating like a pig" when we know that pigs sweat a miniscule amount.

This is a pretty intelligent board, so I should have anticipated a correction. Anyway, thanks for paying attention. -GO BILLS!

I have been a Wilson advocate for awhile now. The guy is the best play-action QB in draft behind Luck, and has the best accuracy and arm strength on the run. He is listed as the fourth QB behind Foles on my board. I wouldn't mind taking him with a fourth rounder, but some have him going tale end of round 3.

You are right about Wilson IMO. Play action is not only very good, but important in his case because he then leverages off of that to roll left or right with the ability to throw with strength and accuracy to either side. Also his mobility lets him find the lanes so his height (or lack thereof) is much less important, you know, exactly the way Drew does it. he could wind up being very difficult to defend.

Dude, did you go to Collegiate? My kids are there now. I remember the first game i saw Wilson play, homecoming his sophomore year..coach starts the Sr. as he should, and prompltly goes down 14-0. Puts Russell in start of 2nd, haltime score 28-14 Collegiate. I don't know high school football, but it was obvious even to me dude was a superior athlete.

My daughter tells me his sister is also the starting point guard on the varsity Basketball team at Collegiate..in 8th grade :doh:

I am hoping he gets drafted by the Bills, then we will have Rodgers and Wilson with Richmond connections...and i am sure if I beg enough can get some free swag :thumbsup:

Didn't go to Collegiate, went to HS in WNY - been in Richmond 21 years now. Just saw Wilson play alot when he was there. And having gone to NCSU I watched him play a fair amount of those games. He's a very gifted player and a pretty solid kid off the field too from what I hear.

I would jump on this kid in the 4th round. I'm very impressed with hs field awareness, accuracy and athleticism. Size a concern? Not really. It might actually work to his advantage. He's harder to find.

There's something about this kid.....something special.

Does he have Chroise?