GM by Consensus

JPS

The Bills 1st rounder Should Be  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the Bills 1st Round pick?

• Melvin Ingram
    • Donta Hightower
    • Courtney Upshaw
    • Ryan Tannehill
    • Nick Perry
    • Dre Kirkpatrick
    • Jonathan Martin
    • Michael Floyd
    • other

I have been following this board for a long time and often thought there's a lot of football knowledge around here. So I'm going to put it out there for posterity....who is the consensus #1 for this Board. I will close this tomorrow and move on to the 2nd round and finish up on Saturday with the 3rd round. We'll call it the early TBD picks. Then we'll do it all over again the week before the draft. I want to keep track year after year to see if we know as much as we think we know. Have at it.

Let's make it quick and save lengthy discussion for other threads.

Edited by JPS

is this who we want to pick or who we think they will pick?

Should be Tannehill but since we're "set" at QB, Hightower is the pick; can play all LB spots and rush from inside and outside and cover TEs and WRs across the middle sounds like BPA to me.

Barbarian I think you would be happy to know Tannehill is now projected regularly in the top 10 and most mocks I have seen don't have him falling past 22.

.......but I still dont want him :nana::devil:

i chose other. im thinking maybe after FA shakes out floyd makes the most sense.

if not, OT, probably martin

I like Martin as well. Does the prospect of Manning in Miami change things though? The Bills could go all out to bring in V.Jax to pair with Stevie and TE Chandler and get the offense fine tuned by drafting Martin @ LT...

I think the bills will trade out of their spot at 10 move back and select Whitney Mercilus out of Illinois, the best pure pass rusher in the draft

They won't trade out of the spot if they want him. If he is the guy they believe is the best and the one they want, they will pick him there. Nix has already said he doesn't like trading down in the draft.

If Miami gets Manning it has to get a DE or OLB

Let me see if I have this straight...it is okay to have Brady destroy the Bills for years on end while they draft RB's and CB's, but if Manning comes into the division they have to get a DE or OLB? How about they need pass rushing help no matter who is playing QB for the Dolphins this fall? :doh:

Should be Tannehill but since we're "set" at QB, Hightower is the pick; can play all LB spots and rush from inside and outside and cover TEs and WRs across the middle sounds like BPA to me.

An ideal scenario would be Hightower LB, Gilmore CB, Bequette DE, Nate Potter OT, Trevor Guyton DE, Terrell Manning LB.

After that, I'm flexible!

5th Round (139th Lynch Trade) --- WR Marvin McNutt or Tommy Streeter, TE Chase Ford

6th Round (167th Overall) ------- QB GJ Kinne, DE Jack Crawford, , DT Josh Chapman

7th Round (200th Overall) ------- DE Marinovich, Adrian Hamilton, DT Travian Robertson

UDFA--- Damarlo Belcher WR

Jonathan Martin will likely be available at 10 and represents not only great value but also fills a need. Athletic and smart. I want to develop a man-crush on someone in this draft to keep a high level of interest up. Also, it sounds as though Nick Perry may also be available at 41. That would be a nice two-fer.

Jonathan Martin will likely be available at 10 and represents not only great value but also fills a need. Athletic and smart. I want to develop a man-crush on someone in this draft to keep a high level of interest up. Also, it sounds as though Nick Perry may also be available at 41. That would be a nice two-fer.

Outstanding twofer.

is this who we want to pick or who we think they will pick?

Barbarian I think you would be happy to know Tannehill is now projected regularly in the top 10 and most mocks I have seen don't have him falling past 22.

.......but I still dont want him :nana::devil:

As I predicted two years ago, its going to be sad watching my QB tearing it up for somebody else.

An ideal scenario would be Hightower LB, Gilmore CB, Bequette DE, Nate Potter OT, Trevor Guyton DE, Terrell Manning LB.

After that, I'm flexible!

5th Round (139th Lynch Trade) --- WR Marvin McNutt or Tommy Streeter, TE Chase Ford

6th Round (167th Overall) ------- QB GJ Kinne, DE Jack Crawford, , DT Josh Chapman

7th Round (200th Overall) ------- DE Marinovich, Adrian Hamilton, DT Travian Robertson

UDFA--- Damarlo Belcher WR

That would be a great draft Astro though I like mine better :P .

BTW: you may want to drop Coples out of your sig :sick:

I choose Nick Perry, but I'd be happy with any of them save Tannehill.

:thumbdown:

I voted other because I really don't have a clue who they might draft. It is still very unclear, to me, what will happen.

I'd really like your opinion rather than a prognostication. I'll keep track of it over the years and see how the general feeling of this board compares to the actul picks. It would have been interesting to recall one from '08 when we passed on a certain DT for a Safety.