Chandler re-signed

Erik

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good signing. exactly the type you like to keep around. doubt they overpaid.

I agree. From what Nix said earlier, it looked like he was asking for too much money, so I doubt he was going to break the bank.

And I'm fine with them doing nothing else with the TE position. Lee Smith looked promising and will be back.

It's nice to see the Bills having continuity. Chandler will hit his prime next season.

Now I'm hungry for more good news. Mario? VJ? Yes please.

The Bills' previous 12 years strategy of nurturing young talent only to trade them and signing no-name depth players in FA have not panned out. Let's keep the players we like, and go big on a couple FA stars. It's so simple it sounds stupid, yet the Bills have done just the opposite year in and year out.

Chandler, welcome back buddy. It's nice to actually have a tight end.

I understand the cap and sure the Bills do also. It just sounded like the poster thought anything over $3M was too much for Chandler's ability. I may have misunderstood.

no, you didnt misunderstand me, you understood perfectly, anything more than 3 mill. a year IS too much Chandlers average ability

again, happy with the signing, just hoping Nix stuck to his guns and didnt overpay for average - have manyyyyy holes on the team to fill with only so much usable money

Have we started bashing Nix and the FO in this positive thread yet?

Ralph is Cheap! Nix is asleep at the wheel! We still havent made the playoffs!

think that about covers it...

(PS. Great job, Buddy, Doug and the FO. Keep em comin!)

Would love to go New England on our foes and add an Orson Charles/Dwayne Allen/CobyFleener/Alshon Jeffery to the fold. First 3 @ TE or Jeffery who I think will grow into one. But all three are monsters in the passing game. This is a good day. WTG Buddy and congrats Scott !!!

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

Weren't the Bills like 40 million under the cap?

regardless of what you think the budget for the team falls at, id think you would want them to spend to that number efficiently and get the most out of those dollars possible. ideally that budget is about 120m.

better be for 3 mill or less, and we definately still sign or draft another one (preferably athletic/fast) - but good move by front office if they didnt over pay for average

i'm gonna have to jump on with the rest of the guys on this one. I really don't care if he makes a bit more than that. I don't agree with your assesment that Chandler is average. The man made some sweet catches last year and is a big target, especially in the red zone. I think he is going to have a great career.

Am I the only one who can see the link on the bottom left hand corner of my browser before I click it?

I didn't fall for it this time but now thanks to you for that little info, I will NEVER fall for it again!

The hole at TE us no longer gaping. Now the Bills are thin at TE.

that just made me laugh.

LOVE this move! Great job Bills! making me proud to be a Bills fan again.