Now Fred Jackson!

I really am not understanding the teeth wrenching over this.....

- We resigned WIlliams to a long term deal

- We resigned our starting RT to a long term deal

- We resigned Fitz to a long term deal

- We resigned our number 1 receiver to a long term deal

The Bills ARE resigning their players.....Jackson has already been told he will be extended....it will happen.

Actually....when you think about it for all the bashing Nix has taken on this board he has been a man of his word. He resigns his own starting caliber players instead of letting them get away like the bills have in the past. The team appears to be headed in the right direction.

Re-signing starters is a great accomplishment at OBD, perhaps. But it will take more than re-signing the status quo to make it to the playoffs this season.

Edited by Mr. WEO

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fred will throw up on that crappy offer. 10M guaranteed? That is laughable. He won't sign for less than 20M guaranteed. They'll end up at 17.5M guaranteed over 3 years. If that's too rich for you then say goodbye to Fred.

Did you see what Arian Foster got? Foster is five years younger, has 4000 yards from scrimmage and 33 touchdowns. You are saying that Fred should get similar money?

Re-signing starters is a great accomplishment at OBD, perhaps. But it will take more than re-signing the status quo to make it to the playoffs this season.

Can you ever enjoy some good news even for a few minutes? We know there are more needs but many of us are feeling better about this team.

I think we definitely should. The question of when is still up in the air for me as well. As many people have pointed out, he has another year on his contract and we have free agency issues which have to be dealt with NOW!

That said, I think that if this summer may be a good time to bang this out. Fred is our best player, and I want to see him around for a few years. I think that he and Spiller can become an unholy combination :thumbsup:

I'd much rather talk about Jackson's heroism, great play and running style but Stevie's signing is illusory without Fred Jackson in the backfield. Now i realize there are many that think backs are a dime a dozen or that Fred's age doesn't warrant a long term deal; Additionally there's been a spark from Spiller but Fred Jackson is the Bills.

Marshawn's signing is also a slap in the face to Fred. Fred is the better of the two. Now Nix has stated in the past that "we want to keep Fred and that he is a big part of what we are trying to to do in Buffalo" however he also seemed agitated when asked if and when Fred will be rewarded w a new contract and the response: "Last time i checked he's currently under contract for another year isn't he?"

We cant fool around with the heart and soul of the teams ATLAS. Fair deal: 21 million over 3 years. 10 million guaranteed.

I want to start by saying I absolutely love everything about Fred Jackson. I'll get killed for saying this, but I just believe it to be true. I think it would be bad business to sign Fred to an extension. You have a 1st round draft pick in Spiller that your paying big money to, and then if you give Fred 5-6 million you'd be among the league leaders for the position. Do any of you really want to tie that kind of money up at that position? Let Fred play next year, let the kid take over, and say thank you very much for running the ball for us.

I know that sounds cold, but that's the NFL. We can't afford to set this franchise back even further just to be nice to Fred Jackson.

Can you ever enjoy some good news even for a few minutes? We know there are more needs but many of us are feeling better about this team.

I actually enjoyed it for good hour.

Sorry, it is what it is--we are going to have Stevie as our number 1 WR, which is a good thing. But when elation comes at the news that one of our starters won't be leaving the team.....that can be sobering.

Again, it was a good move by Littman and I'm happy he got Stevie not to leave.

I'd much rather talk about Jackson's heroism, great play and running style but Stevie's signing is illusory without Fred Jackson in the backfield. Now i realize there are many that think backs are a dime a dozen or that Fred's age doesn't warrant a long term deal; Additionally there's been a spark from Spiller but Fred Jackson is the Bills.

Marshawn's signing is also a slap in the face to Fred. Fred is the better of the two. Now Nix has stated in the past that "we want to keep Fred and that he is a big part of what we are trying to to do in Buffalo" however he also seemed agitated when asked if and when Fred will be rewarded w a new contract and the response: "Last time i checked he's currently under contract for another year isn't he?"

We cant fool around with the heart and soul of the teams ATLAS. Fair deal: 21 million over 3 years. 10 million guaranteed.

It is clear that you must have been on winter vacation because both Nix and Freddie have said that they expect a deal will be done sometime after the draft. Jackson seems to trust Nix on this and since he is signed through next season we do not have to make his extension a priority.

All the naysayers who thought we'd let Stevie walk have been proven wrong and to whine about Freddie's not being signed immediately is just showing ignorance to the facts that we have been given from both sides of this issue.

I want to see the aggressiveness when free agency opens up ... that is the team's next step to success.

Nix never said that he would cut, trade, or extend Fred. He said that he would make an offer before September. Nothing more and nothing less. Throwing numbers around at this point is ridiculous. Judging by the contracts to Johnson and Williams I just don't see Nix offering the farm to extend Jackson.

Fred said

that Buddy said he would take care of this by camp. And we see Buddy is mostly a Man of his Word. Fred aint gonna git rich but he will get paid. and Mr Weo you are sounding a bit negative. We have CJ to take us to the next generation. so please do not worry about keeping Fred around. Giving him some money that pays back all he has given the team and offer him and more for what he will accomplish in the future. And Mr Jackson and young Mr Johnson are the kind of players that might well get us into playoffs next year.

It will take more than the old status quo to get us to the promised land though i agree. It's just Fred is not the best example IMHO.

How is Marshawns deal a slap to the face of Fred? Fred is a 31 year old RB coming off a season ending leg injury who is also under contract for another year. I love FJ as much as anyone, but no way on earth should any GM be giving a 31 year old RB coming off a major leg injury a 4 year $31 million dollar deal. I don't care if the RB's name is Emmitt, Barry, OJ, Marshall, LT, etc...31 year old RB's dont get big contracts for 4 years, especially after season ending injuries.

Not to mention, we have a ton of holes on this team and the cap space is no where near what the fan base thinks it is. Between the rookies and SJ's new deal we will have used up a large part of it. We need our cap space to bring in more talent, not to tie a chunk of it up in a 31 year old RB when we have a young stud RB behind him we are paying a lot of money too as well.

FJ has earned a raise, I do not disagree with that, and I hope he gets one. However, he won't, nor should he, get Lynch type money or a deal similar to his given the facts of FJ being 31, is still under contract another year, coming off a season ending injury, has a young stud making a lot ready to at least split time with him, and being on a team who needs the cap space to add more talent and depth.

My guess he gets a 2 year deal with a modest raise, which I am fine with. But many on here want to just give him a big deal for 3 or 4 years and that would be a colossal mistake.

I think both parties understand the situation. The beast mode resign is brutal to our teams negtiations and Fred. if that had not happened we might have allowed Fred to be rewarded and paid well enough for future play. And the invitation by Marshawn to come visit was another rub in the dirt.

Anyone who saw Freds numbers last year and year before just have to admit it. And then for those of us that Watched his play was amazing.

Just pay the man. it's not an acl it was a broken leg. He has been ready to go for weeks.

Folks who think we should not give the guy some financial recognition are just scrooges. Fred and CJ might well be the best duo in football this year. And i assure you i was not the first one to recognize that actual fact. So we give him two years of money. Why is that bad? we will know how much money we have left by the time we consider his contract before camp. I am sure we will be smart about it anyways.

Edited by 3rdand12

This is annoying. It's not like he's coming off a blown knee, ruptured achilles, or compound fracture. He'll be fine. The injury is a non-issue.

It's not annoying. It's the truth. It's a broken freaking leg for a RB. It's a big deal weather you think it or not.

Have you ever had a broken leg?

I have had the exact same injury that Fred had and I can tell you it was extremely painful. Without knowing for sure I'm almost certain his ankle suffered along with the leg. Torn ligements and tendons. To this day I font have full range of motion in my ankle. I'm 33 this week and had my injury when I was a senior in high school running track.

With all due respect to your opinion.... You don't know what your talking about.

ummm call me crazy but Fred's deal should have been done bf Fitz , Stevie and Williams (ugly sisters). Fred has proven over and over he is the best. He has carried this team and been consistent regardless of who the QB was. Respect the game and pay Fred. Is the leader to be paid last? Is the most talented player not to be paid the most or the soonest bc he is the most patient and loyal? Why is Marshawn the Cinderella man after getting out performed by Fred? This is embarrassing to the team. I'm pissed the Stevie didn't even mention it. And perhaps Bilichek is holding a glass slipper.

It's not annoying. It's the truth. It's a broken freaking leg for a RB. It's a big deal weather you think it or not.

Have you ever had a broken leg?

I have had the exact same injury that Fred had and I can tell you it was extremely painful. Without knowing for sure I'm almost certain his ankle suffered along with the leg. Torn ligements and tendons. To this day I font have full range of motion in my ankle. I'm 33 this week and had my injury when I was a senior in high school running track.

With all due respect to your opinion.... You don't know what your talking about.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82464fd0/printable/bills-jackson-headed-to-ir-with-fractured-fibula

Jackson's injury usually takes 4 to 6 weeks to heal

Edited by Rob's House

ummm call me crazy but Fred's deal should have been done bf Fitz , Stevie and Williams (ugly sisters). Fred has proven over and over he is the best. He has carried this team and been consistent regardless of who the QB was. Respect the game and pay Fred. Is the leader to be paid last? Is the most talented player not to be paid the most or the soonest bc he is the most patient and loyal? Why is Marshawn the Cinderella man after getting out performed by Fred? This is embarrassing to the team. I'm pissed the Stevie didn't even mention it. And perhaps Bilichek is holding a glass slipper.

Why would the focus be on the guy who has time left on his deal when the other three would have been UFA?

Why would the focus be on the guy who has time left on his deal when the other three would have been UFA?

my premise is that Fred is the offense and therefore the priority. his happiness is paramount to free agents.and he deserves it. lock him in at once while we have the space. Why feed this horse last? its a spirit and continuity thing? Fitz would not have gotten that contract w/o Fred. Fred is our hope of a win and he wills them. In the last ten years what Bill has been better than him?

You can take your information and base your opinion on something you read. I'll base my opinion on my personal experience since I've gone through it. I'm pretty sure I'm more informative on the subject considering I've experienced this before and your just reading about it.

Like I said before, you don't know what your talking about. I don't care what some site, forum, or doctors opinion is. The fact is I've been through it and know for a fact it's not as easy as everyone here thinks they know.

Goodnight.