Now Fred Jackson!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No real news here. Just PFT being about a month late on that Sirius interview with Nix. This is the same one he had a while ago I believe. I never heard anything of Nix going back in the radio. If Nix says he will offer am extension I gotta believe he will. He's done EVERYTHING je said he was going to do up to this point, I don't see him lying about it now. Unless he's using him as trade bait but that doesn't sound like Nix.

No real news here. Just PFT being about a month late on that Sirius interview with Nix. This is the same one he had a while ago I believe. I never heard anything of Nix going back in the radio. If Nix says he will offer am extension I gotta believe he will. He's done EVERYTHING je said he was going to do up to this point, I don't see him lying about it now. Unless he's using him as trade bait but that doesn't sound like Nix.

your 100% right but it was just on ESPN too so im guessing it was being talked about again somewhere

and all sorts of people panicking for no reason

Some folks were worried that would not be enough money available. After I read the article on Buffalo Rumblings about Anderson's conract being smaller than originally thought, I feel more confortable.

Lets forward to Chan. Not for bargaining purposes, just to remind him a how good this guy really is and others have taken notice.

Great find! That is a great method to get into the details on a running back. i loved it the article.

This should be a sticky for all the folks who are considering trading him or concerned about how much money he gets when Nixster fulfills his word. Go Freddy Go!

ps i cannot waith to see our CJ Slipper and Fred lined up in the backfield. Thats a superbowl combo meal right there.

Keep in mind that without the injury Freddie may have been headed to an MVP year and that we were 1-5 without him and 5-5 with him.

Based on quick analysis of the new contracts and discounting 25% for Fred's age -- you are looking at $6M a year current value (top tier at $8-10M). Fred signed an extension for 4 years/$7.5M total in 2009 covering 09, 10, 11 and 12.

I would add 2 years and $15M to the existing contract--$10M up front and keep him through 2014. I think that is fair for everyone--takes care of Fred without killing us. His base is likely about $2M for this year so you are giving him $10M in cash up front and then paying him $2.5M in base in 2013, 2014 which is back up money.

End result, over six years he will make $22.5M - the first two of those were as a part-time starter and the third year he is a FT player but injury shortened. He likely has 3 years of good productivity left.

Keep in mind that of the two things listed, the injury is what happened.

Keep in mind that of the two things listed, the injury is what happened.

As much as I love Fred, that is the bottom line.

I think add two years at around 4.5 yo 5.5 per year. Most of it guaranteed is more than fair. Then you can add fake numbers to the end so it ends up being something like 4 years, 25 million, 10 guaranteed.

As much as I love Fred, that is the bottom line.

I think add two years at around 4.5 yo 5.5 per year. Most of it guaranteed is more than fair. Then you can add fake numbers to the end so it ends up being something like 4 years, 25 million, 10 guaranteed.

I don't think FJ is out to break the bank. 5 to 6 mil per year for a couple years with a nice guarantee would make him happy. He should at least make a little more than Brad Smith who to date is useless. Freddy will come back this season with a vengeance like he still has something to prove. It's his attitude that makes him great.

Bills GM promises Jackson extension offer before camp -- NFL .com

(not that this is any more reliable tan PFW.com)

"I told him when we get through it we’ll at least do it before training camp. That way there’s no chance of him getting hurt. He’ll be healthy and he’ll have an extension before he goes to camp. We’ll be as straight as we can with him.”

I'll believe it when I see it.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Bills GM promises Jackson extension offer before camp -- NFL .com

(not that this is any more reliable tan PFW.com)

"I told him when we get through it we’ll at least do it before training camp. That way there’s no chance of him getting hurt. He’ll be healthy and he’ll have an extension before he goes to camp. We’ll be as straight as we can with him.”

I'll believe it when I see it.

I have no doubt at all that Nix will present an offer. Whether Fred is happy with it is another question. I think the Bills will try to be fair, but if he is expecting CJ type money he will be disappointed. I love him as a player but he is 31 and coming off a broken leg, and the Bills have a starting caliber back in the wings who will need to be resigned in a year or so.

Dont pay Fred Jackson too much how about 2 yrs amd 5 m. My opinion is that we have Levitre and Byrd up next year so we need to pay them and they are more important to the team and younger we also have Spiller who showed he can produce last year.