Signing Vincent Jackson In FA Would Be a Franchise Changer

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm confused: in another thread, you stated this about VJ -

"Chargers (Vincent Jackson)I'm tired of posting about him but his numbers don't compare to stevies check the pinned thread for my comparison. On top of quitting on his team for more money."

Here, you are excited about the prospect of signing him. Where do you really stand on the issue?

Well if it wasn't apparent to everyone before it is now. You're only goal is to go after certain members. As section122 educated you... I DID NOT SAY THAT!!!

I'm a big fan of getting this guy.

But I think most of us can agree that it won't change our franchise unless we get two serious pass rushers and improve our O line.

If these things happen, the Bills will be playing in January for a change.

AGREED

Marauder24, on 06 March 2012 - 12:50 PM, said:

I'm confused: in another thread, you stated this about VJ -

"Chargers (Vincent Jackson)I'm tired of posting about him but his numbers don't compare to stevies check the pinned thread for my comparison. On top of quitting on his team for more money."

Here, you are excited about the prospect of signing him. Where do you really stand on the issue?

:worthy:

AAANNNNNHHHHH! Wasn't me. Never said it. Is tgre99 really marauder agreeing with himself?

Edited by PDaDdy

AAANNNNNHHHHH! Wasn't me. Never said it. Is tgre99 really marauder agreeing with himself?

when I saw his :worthy: right after I had clarified that it was indeed me who had said it I wondered how bad the reading comprehension on this board was but then again this could also explain it.

is Jackson really good at catching short dump offs?

with an OL than can not pass block, that's the longest pass Fitz is able to complete before getting buried

give me a break. And even if this was the truth (which it's not), the line should be set after our first round pick this year and having everyone healthy. And then u can stop your bitching. jeez, even Bill in nyc isn't too unhappy with the line anymore.

If you think the Bills will sign a blockbuster free agent like VJ or Mario Williams your having a wet dream. Buffalo will get bargain players on the cheap to fill the voids. Maybe even another Shawn Merriman to ride the bench.

It is what it is.

Hey, but it's MY wet dream and stay out of it!

ps- we WILL be in the hunt for Mario. Imagine what that would do for ticket sales.

give me a break. And even if this was the truth (which it's not), the line should be set after our first round pick this year and having everyone healthy. And then u can stop your bitching. jeez, even Bill in nyc isn't too unhappy with the line anymore.

Hey, but it's MY wet dream and stay out of it!

ps- we WILL be in the hunt for Mario. Imagine what that would do for ticket sales.

That brings up an interesting question - Does anyone know what the attendance figures are since Nix has been in charge? Remember, the Bills brought in a washed up WR (T.O.) for that very reason (to sell tickets) Maybe signing V.Jax for $11 Mill Per Season isn't such a bad idea... Draft a LT #1 and maybe Fitz will have the time to throw deep to V.Jax...

Could you freaking imagine Johnson and Nelson to the right, VJ to the left. AND Freddie and Spiller in the backfield on 2nd and 3? Fitz drops back to pass........how in the hell do you even attempt to cover all five of those guys?

press coverage and bring the heat

the OL can not sustain blocks for more than 2-3 seconds

combined with Fitz's inaccuracy downfield and little to throw anyway - the offense is pretty much neutralized

WR is interesting for Buffalo they need a deep threat who can command attention and get the offense moving down field. Is Jackson that? I don't know his speed isn't that of a burner but he does seem to get the offense down field. Stevie basically needs a guy to open the cap on the offense so he can get to work. There are lots of free agent WR's so it would be easy to see the Bills trying to find a guy in free agency, then putting the draft to use in fixing the D and O-line.

I just don't see Vincent Jackson coming to Buffalo. For one, he's been offered, so the rumor is, somewhere in the neighborhood of 11 million a season from SanDiego - or, they're willing to go there for his services. The same source said (Profootballtalk) Vincent was interested in staying in SanDiego, to such a degree that he'd be willing to give them a discount. None of that bodes well for Buffalo.

Instead, I could see Buffalo going after a different available WR - one good enough to merit 4-6 million a year, one who would complement Stevie (unless they see Stevie as a #2 wideout, in which case they might find paying a #1 8-10 million a year as acceptable). But, that I doubt. If they're looking for a great reciever - one better, or with more potential than Stevie, then they'll look for him in the first round of the draft. My bet is that they find a good F.A. wideout in the area of 4-6 million a year, someone who can be a legitimate #2, and they hope guys like Nelson, EAsley, and Jones, all together, make a good enough WR group that defenses won't know where to look. And, I like that idea.

If they're going offense with the first pick - I think it'd be O-Line. A LT. You do that, and they get that good WR to go with the rest of the guys, and maybe even a good pass catching TE, and our running game and passing game improves - that would put the offense in the top 10.

Spend picks in the remainder of rounds on defense - with the exception of a TE, maybe - and bring in a FA linebacker or pass rusher, as well, and this team, as long as Fitz can get the job done consistently, is a playoff/wild card team.

Edited by sllib olaffub