Seahawks re-sign Marshawn Lynch

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Re-signing your own free agents? Lame. Good teams, like the Bills, know that's not the way to win. Winners let their own FAs go then draft and sign lower quality replacements.

Edited by DC Grid

- sounds like the hawks coaching staff must have done something right - as well as Lynch finally showing some maturity:

"Lynch rushed for 1,204 yards and 12 touchdowns last season and embodied the attitude head coach Pete Carroll wanted the rest of his roster to emulate. Lynch also showed a maturity this season that might have been absent in the past. He sat down with assistant head coach Tom Cable to ask what he could do as a back to become more productive.

The result was six 100-yard games over the final nine weeks. In the three games during which Lynch failed to top 100 yards, he rushed for more than 80 twice and had two touchdowns rushing the other time as the Seahawks won five of their final eight games and made a late surge for playoff spot."

Have nothing against the guy. I personally think he kicked it into high gear because it was his contract year but only he knows.

As for Pete Carroll however, hate him, hate him, hate him. Rolling around the field hugging guys after beating the Bills back when he was the Patriot coach. That will forever be cemented in my mind. And those refs mustve been on acid. And another thing!.. ok ill stop

The Seahawks' bulldozing, Skittles-loving running back has agreed to a multiyear deal to keep him in a Seattle uniform coming off the finest season of his NFL career.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7646382/seattle-seahawks-re-sign-rb-marshawn-lynch-multiyear-deal

should make Fred Jackson's negotiations a lil more difficult.

I doubt the two contracts have anything at all to do with each other. Lynch is 25 and Fred is on the wrong side of 30. Every year that Lynch has been the starting RB he has 1000+ yards rushing and has been to the probowl twice in 5 years. Last year after acclimating to a new team and system he had 13 total TDs in addition to another 1000+ yard season.

I understand that people hate him for his off field crap that he is now 3 years past but how people can doubt his on field performance and him keeping his nose clean is just sour grapes whiney talk. Yet another example of how me made a hole for ourselves by dogging a good player and then using our resources, a #1 draft pick, to replace him.

Good job Bills fans! Who do we run out of town next?

Edited by PDaDdy

- sounds like the hawks coaching staff must have done something right - as well as Lynch finally showing some maturity:

"Lynch rushed for 1,204 yards and 12 touchdowns last season and embodied the attitude head coach Pete Carroll wanted the rest of his roster to emulate. Lynch also showed a maturity this season that might have been absent in the past. He sat down with assistant head coach Tom Cable to ask what he could do as a back to become more productive.

The result was six 100-yard games over the final nine weeks. In the three games during which Lynch failed to top 100 yards, he rushed for more than 80 twice and had two touchdowns rushing the other time as the Seahawks won five of their final eight games and made a late surge for playoff spot."

Good for Marshawn. Let's not forget though that when he was let go he was one "mistake" away from a LONG vacation.

As well as the fact that Bills fans don't forget player mistakes quickly. He had a clean slate with Seattle.

It was best for both sides to part ways, but I'm pissed that he finally grew up in Seattle. Had he done it in Buffalo, he'd probably still be here. Just goes to show you that you can sign a talented player, only to see him suck for whatever reason.

Edited by Doc

Let's be honest. They bought their own hype. Good for Lynch though this contract all stems from one single $18M stiff arm and everybody knows it.

Guess you missed this past football season......the one where Marshawn ran all over the place with no passing game to help him......just a bulldozer out there playing hard.....way to go Marshawn you Beastmoded your way into this contract....