Long distance relationship

I know my gift is in hindsight and that I may be setting myself up for failure but i decided that I'm willing to wait for her to figure things out and hopefully we can get back together when I'm closer and this is just a footnote in our relationship. Things shes said and her roommate has said suggest this could work. I havent doubted my feelings for her, ever. Since we met, ive known. I cant explain it, i dont understand it, but I know. I'll fight for it, wait for it, whatever it takes. But i know.

I know you guys give it to me straight. Am I being crazy? Or am I right to be fight for what I am sure is my future wife?

You might "know", but she certainly doesn't. What's the point of a relationship where one person is willing to move heaven and earth and the other person isn't? That doesn't spell long term happiness for the pursuer.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since we met, ive known. I cant explain it, i dont understand it, but I know. I'll fight for it, wait for it, whatever it takes. But i know.

I know you guys give it to me straight. Am I being crazy? Or am I right to be fight for what I am sure is my future wife?

I used to "know" bull **** like that too, and I'm certain that this situation will disabuse you of any such notion as "the one".

Edited by Jauronimo

Didn't Chris Rock have a skit along these lines in his stand up?

You are a dick in a glass case. She'll break the glass in case of emergency. Until then you sit on her shelf waiting.

Here's your solution:

Step 1) Pick up your phone and delete her contact info.

Step 2) Delete the conversation with all the texting history

Step 3) Go !@#$ another girl

Step 4) Repeat step 3

Appreciate all the advice guys. Contact with her is over.

:thumbsup: Excellent work, Captain! I realize that prescience is not your area of expertise, but you are definitely doing the right thing. All of us older guys have been in the same situation before. A general maxim regarding life: women have all the power over men from puberty to about age 30. After 30, it will be your turn. Do remember this, even if you don't quite understand it yet.

How you are to proceed for the next 10 years:

1. Build a career.

2. Bang lots of women.

3. Think about what you want in "the one" (if you choose to do the wife/kids route) beyond her just being cute and liking sports.

4. Whenever you're feeling down about this situation: get outside, do some exercise, listen to music, and don't watch the Bills when they play the Pats/Jets/anyone on the road.

5. If Lil' Miss String-A-Guy-Along decides to contact you again, immediately consult this message board before thinking of doing anything else.

Best thing you could have done; cutting off contact. I did not help mine by talking to her all the time and being more like a friend chatting.

Go find yourself a hooker, go find yourself some good stuff. Do not, whatsoever, get involved with anyone at work.

Good for you Cappy. It was the only thing to do. Heed the advice that has been given you by those of us that have gone before you young man. My 2 cents....don't ever settle. Ever. Don't ever settle for a woman who is not exactly what you want and doesn't treat you the way you want to be treated. Lofty goal i know, but why do you think 50% of marriages end up in flames?

Guys and girls close in on 30 and feel the heat to marry because that's what our society pushes us into. Go out and meet some girls and for godsake have an air of confidence. You're a good, soulful guy and if the next girl doesn't see that too then it's her loss and move on. Who knows, you might have some fun "sorting through the pile."

And.....as always.....DONT' SETTLE....EVER!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, come on. This isn't MDP we're talking about.

What made me think of that was years ago buddy of mine goes skiing with a friend of his who had never skied in his life. They take the chair lift up, buddy's friend just points his ski's downhill and goes. 30,40,50 MPH. Faster and faster. no control. Spectacular crash, plume of snow like a avalanche. They shut the chairlift right down. Red cross skier hustles down to see if he's alive. Yes he is. Red cross guy-"How long have you been skiing?" Buddy's friend-"What time is it?"

What made me think of that was years ago buddy of mine goes skiing with a friend of his who had never skied in his life. They take the chair lift up, buddy's friend just points his ski's downhill and goes. 30,40,50 MPH. Faster and faster. no control. Spectacular crash, plume of snow like a avalanche. They shut the chairlift right down. Red cross skier hustles down to see if he's alive. Yes he is. Red cross guy-"How long have you been skiing?" Buddy's friend-"What time is it?"

:lol: They had to ask?

So who's running the pool on when Cpt. Hindsight caves and calls her?

I want Monday night, 8pm.

Not gonna happen. I promised myself tonight that I wont say a word to her until she says one to me. As someone said ive already moved the world for her, its her turn now. Im done trying to make something happen that isnt there. I'm just not going to play that game

Not gonna happen. I promised myself tonight that I wont say a word to her until she says one to me. As someone said ive already moved the world for her, its her turn now. Im done trying to make something happen that isnt there. I'm just not going to play that game

That's not cutting off contact.

Kegtapr had the most correct observation a few ago. Remind yourself of that before writing/calling/texting back.

"Your vagina is growing."

When you delete,this thread, your cycle of shame will have made a turn we will all applaud.