Carrington and Troup

I know, I know. Troup is injury prone and Carrington has shown nothing. I still think IF Troup can get healthy ,he can help out Kyle and Marcell alot. As far as Carrington is concerned, he will finally get a shot at his natural position as a 4-3 De. I like his size and speed at this position,left or right.He needs to drop the bulk he gained for the 3-4 to gain the quickness back.I`m not throwing these two under the bus yet.

Agreed. Carrington should be a producer at one DE position. He produced in college. Kelsay is earmarked for the other DE, but if an FA DE can be brought in who can light it up, ie double-digit sacks, Carrington will probably be a backup. This is Troup's make it or break it year. Kellen Heard showed he can play, and we need at least 2 DT backups who can play. Maybe the biggest acquisition of the past 2 years will prove to be getting Wannstedt on the coaching staff. His schemes may make the front 7 more effective. (How could they not?)

Well, Carrington has shown a few flashes of pass rush ability here and there.....but I'd say this is his last chance to put it all together. As for Troup, this will really be his first season to show what he has as you can't really even count last year. If these two guys even become solid role players it will give the D a nice lift.

I know, I know. Troup is injury prone and Carrington has shown nothing. I still think IF Troup can get healthy ,he can help out Kyle and Marcell alot. As far as Carrington is concerned, he will finally get a shot at his natural position as a 4-3 De. I like his size and speed at this position,left or right.He needs to drop the bulk he gained for the 3-4 to gain the quickness back.I`m not throwing these two under the bus yet.

They'll both get a shot. I'm more confident in Carrington than Troup (no E).

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

Carrington has the height that Nix/Gailey/Wannstedt are looking for in a DE (6'5"), he just needs to shed weight to gain more quickness. http://www.nfl.com/player/alexcarrington/496766/profile

If I remember correctly, Bruce Smith came into the NFL at over 300 lbs, but he dropped down to between 265-275lbs and his career skyrocketed. (I'm not comparing Carrington to Smith, just citing Smith as an example).

I hope Troup & Carrington work out and this year will be a difference maker for the two of them.

Agreed. Carrington should be a producer at one DE position. He produced in college. Kelsay is earmarked for the other DE, but if an FA DE can be brought in who can light it up, ie double-digit sacks, Carrington will probably be a backup. This is Troup's make it or break it year. Kellen Heard showed he can play, and we need at least 2 DT backups who can play. Maybe the biggest acquisition of the past 2 years will prove to be getting Wannstedt on the coaching staff. His schemes may make the front 7 more effective. (How could they not?)

So did Brian Bosworth. In the Big 12 at that.

Carrington has the height that Nix/Gailey/Wannstedt are looking for in a DE (6'5"), he just needs to shed weight to gain more quickness. http://www.nfl.com/player/alexcarrington/496766/profile

If I remember correctly, Bruce Smith came into the NFL at over 300 lbs, but he dropped down to between 265-275lbs and his career skyrocketed. (I'm not comparing Carrington to Smith, just citing Smith as an example).

I hope Troup & Carrington work out and this year will be a difference maker for the two of them.

Yeah ,I remember the Bills telling Carrington to bulk up last year . This to play as a 3-4 De . He cuts that twenty pounds and he will be fine. He has got a decent amount of playing time under his belt. This could be his break-out year. De`s usually take a few years to come on. Even Mario Williams as I remember.

How is Troup injury prone? He played 15 games as a rookie and was injured last year. He was never injured much during college either. Not sure why people think 1 injury makes you injury prone.

Didn't he have two injuries in succession?

I thought Carrington was drafted to play the 5 technique in the 3-4. Wasn't he listed @ 305lbs last year? He's going to have to drop about 30-40 lbs or learn to play DT?

Troup was supposed to be a perfect fit for a 3-4 nose tackle. I think the switch here to a 43 dt will not be as bad as the switch or change for Carrington.

I thought Carrington was drafted to play the 5 technique in the 3-4. Wasn't he listed @ 305lbs last year? He's going to have to drop about 30-40 lbs or learn to play DT?

Troup was supposed to be a perfect fit for a 3-4 nose tackle. I think the switch here to a 43 dt will not be as bad as the switch or change for Carrington.

Read all posts. Do you follow the Bills ? Remember he was asked to BULK UP ... GAIN 20 LBS to play as a 3-4 DE. He played Rt De in colledge.

Like James Hardy, Ko Simpson, and Ashton Youboty before them, Carrington and Troup came in with alot of predraft hype and have done nothing in the NFL. Both are busts and further proof you don't crown a player before he has stepped foot on an NFL field. An some assclown poster here that I think goes by the screen name of Mr. Nix said Carrington would be better than Phil Hansen. :oops:

Pull no punches....

I do think Carrington has shown he can play. I hope he now had developed and adjusted to the speed of the NFL.

I also got to wonder how difficult it is for a player to be on a D with so much turmoil?

I mean they have been switching from 4-3 to 3-4 now back to 4-3. He himself has played 2-3 different positions.

He has always done what is asked.

If he can drop the 20, go back to his more natural weight, and play his more natural position, it stands to reason he will excel.

Lets hope it is the case.

Carrington bulked up to 304 to play the 5 technique. Bruce cut fat to get down to 270 or so to be a 5 tech 25 years ago. There's a big difference, and it's not a given Carrington can cut muscle. This is the price you pay to jump between defenses 3 times in 4 seasons.

Buddy's first draft features 0 starters entering their 3rd NFL season. It's interesting to note that even if you exclude Spiller, the 2nd and 3rd round picks will not start. Where's the value and drafting expertise from Nix? He's the type GM who is so-so on draft day, and the team he works for doesn't spend in UFA to make up for it. So you get a host of UDFA's, street FA's, low round draft picks, and low cost UFA's playing when their draft picks can't.