Stephen Hill

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be very surprised if he goes that early (round 3) - but if he does, it'll most certainly be to the Bills because of Gailey's inexplicable passion for all things Georgia Tech.

Still, it would not suck to add a player with Hills speed, height, and hands to the Bills' WR corps - just don't think it'll happen before our 4b or 5a pick.

I've got a signature bet for you that says he gets drafted by the end of the 3rd rd. :flirt:

47 total catches @ Georgia Tech? Not very impressive for someone so tall and fast.

They run the option at GT. Noone gets catches.

I bet Gailey will take him with a late 3rd or early 4th if he can.

Mayock thinks he's going to be someone's late draft steal - Gailey might not wait for that.

Peter King:

He said he wanted to be the 6-4 player who plays like he's 5-10 -- a quick guy in and out of cuts who can get off pressure at the line of scrimmage. Hill did more than that. He ran a 4.36-second 40-yard dash and made the most impressive catch of the day Sunday, when the wideouts worked inside Lucas Oil Stadium, a diving catch in which he laid out and caught the ball at the end of his fingertips. At 6-4 and 215 pounds, his speed -- tied for the fastest 40 of the weekend -- surprised scouts.
Looks like Justin Blackmon and Michael Floyd of Notre Dame will be the only wideouts in round one, unless Hill sneaks in there.

link

I've got a signature bet for you that says he gets drafted by the end of the 3rd rd. :flirt:

Nah,no thanks. The draft is just too unpredictable, and generally I don't get all passionate or silly about having to be right on these things - certainly not silly enough to change my signature if he goes earlier than I think he will.

(I only change my sig every few year anyway, since I try to put some serious thought into it, and - now that I've just recently changed it - Drew Brees is going to remain a little piece of crap thru at least 2014, and probably until he dies! B-))

If Hill does go in the 3rd (or higher), good for him! (As I said, if he goes in the 3rd, I think it'll be to us anyway.) Plus, his stock could also continue to rise after his 'Pro Day' - so I'm just stating what I think right now. It's JMO.

19 and 0 baby!!!! :beer:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to win every game." - Chan Gailey

This kid would be a value pick in the second, and especially the third round but I fear he doesn't make it past the second as everyone and their mother is looking for the next Cruz. His lack of production scares me not playing in that option nonesense. The kid is a player, period!

Tim-

This kid, to me, is one of the most intriguing players in the draft. He's got the size, he's faster than Calvin Johnson, and will routinely blow off the top of the coverage. I'm not saying he's going to be the best player ever, especially not right out of the draft. He's very raw and comes from a system that never throws the ball. However, he has really high potential. He could be trained up to be a really good WR. Whether he does or not is probably up to him, it's on his determination and drive to be the best, because he does have all the tangibles. But even if he's never thrown the ball, or only has 30 catches a season for us, that still opens up a lot of space in the middle of the field for everyone else. I think he'd be worth taking a risk on, simply because he would make the other receivers, tight ends, and even the running backs better by giving them more space. And just think, even Fitz couldn't overthrow this guy like he did so often last season.

This guy will be gone by the end of the 2nd. He's too big, and too fast for someone not to take a chance on him. I will say this. If Gailey has any ties to GT left he should get the inside scoop on the kid. If we do take him I would imagine Nix and Gailey will have done their homework.

You guys crack me up. All this praise for him makes me chuckle. At GT, when he ran open down the sideline, and the ball was thrown his way, we got the point to where we'd turn away from the play and look the other way b/c we couldn't sit there and watch him drop ANOTHER pass. He's also soft. The dude hears footsteps. He also got carried off the field like a bagillion times at GT after getting hurt on plays. But he looked good at the combine, so he'd be awesome in the B-Lo, right???...