Have I Mentioned Recently How Much I Hate Bicyclists?

Chef Jim

My claim to fame on this was mentioned here before but worth mentioning again. Got off the train in SF one night. As the doors were closing some drunk guy throws a banana peel at the train. I walked by him and said "what are you, a !@#$ing monkey?" The folks on the train looked horrified. As I walked up the stairs he started to walk towards me and I gave him one of those gestures of "come on dude....let's go". He backed off thinking I was nuts. I have no idea what I'd have done if he came after me. If you act nuts people think you are and tend to leave you alone.

If you act tough enough, show no fear, and it doesn't hurt to have size...people generally leave you alone, as well. I'm not the biggest guy, but anyone who knows me who has seen my "streak" of anger knows I am very intimidating.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you act tough enough, show no fear, and it doesn't hurt to have size...people generally leave you alone, as well. I'm not the biggest guy, but anyone who knows me who has seen my "streak" of anger knows I am very intimidating.

I'm definitely not big. I think it's the no fear thing. Well not showing fear anyway.

So now you want to be like the Euros? I think it's probably safe to say that most of the accidents involving cyclists, at least in the city, the cyclist is at fault. You should have seen the !@#$ing idiot I saw yesterday. Dude should have been splattered all over the road.

So now you want to be like the Euros? I think it's probably safe to say that most of the accidents involving cyclists, at least in the city, the cyclist is at fault. You should have seen the !@#$ing idiot I saw yesterday. Dude should have been splattered all over the road.

Exactly. Isn't innocent til proven guilty a cornerstone of our society... This dude wants to turn that on its head!

Oh... Chef... Forgot... That is some compassionate conservatism you are showing! :nana: :nana:

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I'm definitely not big. I think it's the no fear thing. Well not showing fear anyway.

I had a similar experience my freshman year in college. Long story short, our friend said some muscle-bound frat boy at a basketball game said they were going to kick our asses. I'd had enough tequila to take on the world so I walked down the bleachers til I saw him, walked right up on him & his boys & let him know what for and invited him outside. Campus police tossed me right then, which was good b/c no one knew the balls I'd just put on display were courtesy of Jose Cuervo, & if this guy had unleashed on me I'd have been in trouble. Luckily it just went down as Rob's crazy, I later became friends with the guy, & for the next 3 years I was known as a guy not to be !@#$ed with.

I had a similar experience my freshman year in college. Long story short, our friend said some muscle-bound frat boy at a basketball game said they were going to kick our asses. I'd had enough tequila to take on the world so I walked down the bleachers til I saw him, walked right up on him & his boys & let him know what for and invited him outside. Campus police tossed me right then, which was good b/c no one knew the balls I'd just put on display were courtesy of Jose Cuervo, & if this guy had unleashed on me I'd have been in trouble. Luckily it just went down as Rob's crazy, I later became friends with the guy, & for the next 3 years I was known as a guy not to be !@#$ed with.

So basically... You are a fake... I knew it! :P

Just busting your butt...

Who the !@#$ filmed that? I had no idea they were there.

I think it goes with out saying, you are enabling them. Unless you actively run the bad bikers over you are enabling them to continue their behavior. :nana:

Son dies speeding on wrong side of road, mom & dad sue website. Guess that makes him KOS.

Meanwhile in case this wasn't covered previously:

On March 29, a cyclist named Chris Bucchere was riding down Castro Street in San Francisco at about 35 miles per hour when he hit 71-year old Sutchi Hui crossing Market Street. Hui died four days later. Bucchere later wrote about the accident on his Strava account. The San Francisco District Attorney has filed vehicular manslaughter charges against Bucchere.

More on Bucchere

Although he initially justified plowing through the intersection by claiming that the Castro Street crosswalk suddenly "filled up with people," and that he was "too committed to stop", a law enforcement source close to the case says otherwise.

What is up with cyclists? They just make things up as they go... Don't they realize that they must follow the rules of the road to a TEE like every other vehicle out there... Just follow the rules of the road like the rest...

Can I say how much I hate some red neck bubba a$$ who idled up next to us yesterday and the gunned his diesel engine coughing up black exhaust? This caused the girl in front of us to brake which caused my neighbor to ditch out to the right resulting in some road rash and a broken rib for him and a broken arm for her. Jackwad!!

Can I say how much I hate some red neck bubba a$$ who idled up next to us yesterday and the gunned his diesel engine coughing up black exhaust? This caused the girl in front of us to brake which caused my neighbor to ditch out to the right resulting in some road rash and a broken rib for him and a broken arm for her. Jackwad!!

What an !@#$. Some Indian chick (dots, not feathers) decided to inexplicably stop in the middle of traffic the other day causing me to lock up my back tire (had it been the front I might be taking a dirt nap right now). Feeling your back tire sliding side to side with cars coming head on in the other lane is an eye opening experience. My next bike will have ABS brakes.

Edit: Just to clarify, my bike is made by Honda and I don't wear spandex to ride it.

Edited by Rob's House

Cars are made with windshields which render issues like that irrelevant. If the spandex mafia wants it to be irrelevant to them they should keep their distance either behind or to the side. Or they could get a windshield.

So your pack of spandex rangers was tosses aside by diesel smoke?

He was an ass, no doubt...but anyone who can't handle diesel exhaust probably shouldn't be biking. :wacko:

I don't understand what happened? some car exhaust caused a bicycle pile up? How is that the cars fault?

He was an ass, no doubt...but anyone who can't handle diesel exhaust probably shouldn't be biking. :wacko:

+1