Have I Mentioned Recently How Much I Hate Bicyclists?

Chef Jim

Any of you guys in this video? http://en.video.cano...s/1851752002001

Let me start by saying the person in the SUV is a complete !@#$. But the guys on the bikes are just as bad filming this with their phones. You could see when he pointed his camera in front of him he was weaving pretty good seeing he only had one hand on his handle bars. Next if it bugs you.......PULL THE !@#$ OVER AND LET THEM PASS YOU !@#$HEAD!!

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me start by saying the person in the SUV is a complete !@#$. But the guys on the bikes are just as bad filming this with their phones. You could see when he pointed his camera in front of him he was weaving pretty good seeing he only had one hand on his handle bars. Next if it bugs you.......PULL THE !@#$ OVER AND LET THEM PASS YOU !@#$HEAD!!

This kind of chit happens all the time..happens to me a ton on on even more rural roads..typical tough guys...SUV vs a bike..

This kind of chit happens all the time..happens to me a ton on on even more rural roads..typical tough guys...SUV vs a bike..

And do you pull over and let them pass (probably the reason for the honking) or do you just keep riding along?

And do you pull over and let them pass (probably the reason for the honking) or do you just keep riding along?

The guy in the SUV had a ton of room to pass - his need to pass wasn't why he was honking. Hell, other cars passed the SUV and the bikes to get around them.

I hate douchebag bike riders too but if I was on that bike there's no way I'm moving over and giving that guy the satisfaction of having chased me off the road. I'd keep riding along right on the line just like those guys did even if the guy honked for 20 miles.

The guy in the SUV had a ton of room to pass - his need to pass wasn't why he was honking. Hell, other cars passed the SUV and the bikes to get around them.

I hate douchebag bike riders too but if I was on that bike there's no way I'm moving over and giving that guy the satisfaction of having chased me off the road. I'd keep riding along right on the line just like those guys did even if the guy honked for 20 miles....because I can be a big douchebag too.

I added that last bit for accuracy. :D

But seriously swallow your douchiness :sick: for a minute and let the a-hole go by so you can enjoy your bike ride. The best way to get that damn fly in your house to quit bothering you is to open the window and let it fly outside. Who gives a flip if he gets to pound his chest with "I won"? You're a better man and he's still an a-hole so who really won here?

Edited by Chef Jim

I must admit, have never had one follow like that..don't know what i would do .Might be worried if i pull over they might pull over as well and who knows where it goes from there. Cant blame the guys for trying to get video evidence, think it did say these guys got ticketed later.

Most usually just pull as close as possible and then lay on their horn as they pass..scary as well. Also, one can be pretty sure there is more than one passenger and more than one firearm in that truck as they play tough guy. I almost always ride solo..not a fun feeling out there on some these back roads

Edited by plenzmd1

I must admit, have never had one follow like that..don't know what i would do .Might be worried if i pull over they might pull over as well and who knows where it goes from there. Cant blame the guys for trying to get video evidence, think it did say these guys got ticketed later.

Most usually just pull as close as possible and then lay on their horn as they pass..scary as well. Also, one can be pretty sure there is more than one passenger and more than one firearm in that truck as they play tough guy. I almost always ride solo..not a fun feeling out there on some these back roads

Carry a gun yourself.

I drive a big truck and never do I bother bike riders. Hell, I wait until I have a full safe chance to even pass them. The only time I ever messed with a biker was when he flew by on the right side of everyone at a stop light barely looked at a busy country intersection where speeds are 55. He flew through it, I eventually got up to him where the speed limit had slowed down to 35. I laid on the fuel and laid coal over him. He flipped me off, but he gives spandex wearing one-nutted bicycle loving men a bad name.

Carry a gun yourself.

I drive a big truck and never do I bother bike riders. Hell, I wait until I have a full safe chance to even pass them. The only time I ever messed with a biker was when he flew by on the right side of everyone at a stop light barely looked at a busy country intersection where speeds are 55. He flew through it, I eventually got up to him where the speed limit had slowed down to 35. I laid on the fuel and laid coal over him. He flipped me off, but he gives spandex wearing one-nutted bicycle loving men a bad name.

Did not mean to imply all guys driving f-x50 are messing with bikers..rather it is like 1 out of 100. Most do as you and i do, and pass safely, maybe costs us a few seconds.

But when you get messed with, and you are on a road where a car passes by every 5 minutes, and a F-350 messing with you..scares the poop out of ya.

I've been running into a guy lately who flies out into the main road from a minor side street. He takes such a wide turn thanks to how fast he's going and winds up halfway out into the lane. There's no stop signs or anything on this main road, so he's idiotically flying out there into moving traffic. I've almost hit him twice in the past week.

The only thing I did do was flip him off while I drove past. I'm not going to honk at the guy because I'm too scared that he'll lose control and wind up damaging my car. And yes, I'm far more worried about damaging my car than I am about hurting the guy. If he's going to ride that recklessly, I won't feel guilty if he does it at just the wrong time and I can't avoid him.

I believe that the Union Cycliste Internationale, Patrick (Pat) McQuaid and/or Henricus (Hein) Verbruggen have concealed cases of doping, received money for doing so, have accepted money from Lance Armstrong to conceal a doping case, have protected certain racing cyclists, concealed cases of doping, have engaged in manipulation, particularly of tests and races, have hesitated and delayed publishing the results of a positive test on Alberto Contador, have accepted bribes, are corrupt, are terrorists, have no regard for the rules, load the dice, are fools, do not have a genuine desire to restore discipline to cycling, are full of ****, are clowns, their words are worthless, are liars, are no different to Colonel Muammar Gaddafi!

Any of you guys in this video? http://en.video.cano...s/1851752002001

Not me. Cyclists aren't too bright filming with cell phones...but then again, if I'm behind two bicyclists riding in file, on the right side as far as they can get, they're riding responsibly and I have absolutely no need or desire to mess with them (quite the contrary, I'd rather encourage the behavior).

Did not mean to imply all guys driving f-x50 are messing with bikers..rather it is like 1 out of 100. Most do as you and i do, and pass safely, maybe costs us a few seconds.

But when you get messed with, and you are on a road where a car passes by every 5 minutes, and a F-350 messing with you..scares the poop out of ya.

Me = F350 Diesel, long bed, crew cab, plus hitch = 25', 9,250 lbs. of biker lovin' brawn.

I definitely agree with your point, though. I get stuck on my tractor some times and walk up the country road a mile and it's scary. I get tailgated on my tractor and those people are just idiots. What was one of the funnier events, however, passing bikers on my tractor. They might have been doing 12 mph while I was doing about 19mph.

Get those things Bond throws out that rupture tires, or a spike strip. That'd be f'n sweet. Then again, I am a confrontational type, I might get the guy to pull over...

Me = F350 Diesel, long bed, crew cab, plus hitch = 25', 9,250 lbs. of biker lovin' brawn.

I definitely agree with your point, though. I get stuck on my tractor some times and walk up the country road a mile and it's scary. I get tailgated on my tractor and those people are just idiots. What was one of the funnier events, however, passing bikers on my tractor. They might have been doing 12 mph while I was doing about 19mph.

Get those things Bond throws out that rupture tires, or a spike strip. That'd be f'n sweet. Then again, I am a confrontational type, I might get the guy to pull over...

Pull you manure spreader in front of the bikers next time.

Very impressive, that bridge arch thing was ballsy. But he is still a bicyclist and should stay off roads and golf courses.

No he's ok on roads. He needs to keep his smug ass off the sidewalks. I was taught that as a child. I wonder how many people he inconvenienced or almost ran over doing that.

No he's ok on roads. He needs to keep his smug ass off the sidewalks. I was taught that as a child. I wonder how many people he inconvenienced or almost ran over doing that.

I was walking on a hiking trail the other day coming around a corner and almost got creamed by two bicyclist's doing their off road thing going as fast as their legs could pedal them. I had to jump out of the way as he slammed on his brakes. Aren't they supposed to jingle a bell at blind corners? I just can't get away from those two wheeled nuisances.