Have I Mentioned Recently How Much I Hate Bicyclists?

Chef Jim

I know one. She's mid to late 20's. I even offered her to drive my car one time and she wouldn't, because she doesn't have a license and has never "learned" to drive.

Let me guess. Has a basket on the bike, doesn't shave her legs, prefers herbal shampoos and does not do the whole popular scene.

thanks to Lance Armstrong, there are legions of bicyclists here in Austin, both the hipster type and the spandex-clad, Armstrong wannabes.

and now they're all up in arms over joggers in the bicycle lanes. since cyclists are always hogging the roads here, I find the irony of that to be especially sweet.

I am more tolerant of the hipster bikers then the spandex bikers. The hipsters might fuss or bark but they won't get all uppity or arrogant the same way spandex folks will.

I hope everyone realizes that I am not talking about all the bicyclists, just a select large proportion.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me guess. Has a basket on the bike, doesn't shave her legs, prefers herbal shampoos and does not do the whole popular scene.

Uhhh, no. She could be her own "would ya" thread.

This is her in the green...

post-9-0-08286900-1390954727_thumb.jpg

My guess is she grew up in NYC - - good mass transit coverage and not much parking.

North of it, in the West Point area.

• 2 months later...

I saw what had to be the dumbest move I've ever seen by someone on a bike this morning. I was driving through a green light (at maybe 25-30 MPH) and this 20-something idiot on a bike was riding up the side street. He took the right turn at full speed right out in front of me all while riding without his hands on the handle bars. So of course it was a ridiculously wide turn. I was on a 4 lane road and luckily no one was next to me or else I would have had no choice but to hit him. I can't even imagine how stupid you have to be to ride like that out into traffic.

I saw what had to be the dumbest move I've ever seen by someone on a bike this morning. I was driving through a green light (at maybe 25-30 MPH) and this 20-something idiot on a bike was riding up the side street. He took the right turn at full speed right out in front of me all while riding without his hands on the handle bars. So of course it was a ridiculously wide turn. I was on a 4 lane road and luckily no one was next to me or else I would have had no choice but to hit him. I can't even imagine how stupid you have to be to ride like that out into traffic.

Question. Why did you swerve? Had you not you would have earned your gold bicycle pin.

God I hate the way they spend our money.

"This bridge has always been about access for all kinds of travel modes, not just automobiles," he said. "And if we were going to get cars on the bridge by Labor Day, then why shouldn't we get bikers and walkers on at the same time?"

Of course. This makes sense. We have to be fair after all. :rolleyes:

And here's the thing. This allows folks to bike to and from Oakland and Treasure Island. It doesn't get them to the city. And BTW there is really nothing on TI.

• 1 month later...

One of the all-time spandex biker spotting locations in the US is on the short street in front of the Biltmore and running along the ocean in Montecito, CA. Spandex bikers, cell phones, plus conversations with biker buddies. So very very de rigueur

Oh yeah, don't expect to drive a car anywhere close to the pack of 'em..

One of the all-time spandex biker spotting locations in the US is on the short street in front of the Biltmore and running along the ocean in Montecito, CA. Spandex bikers, cell phones, plus conversations with biker buddies. So very very de rigueur

Oh yeah, don't expect to drive a car anywhere close to the pack of 'em..

Hmmm, I see a road trip in my future.

Good for the bus driver. Bike drivers are out of control.

So I'm driving down the street. Everyone's going super slow as biker in Bane mask slows traffic while everyone tries to pass.

Eventually pass Bane then get to next stoplight here comes Bane again, he passes through everyone sitting at red light then gets to the front and slows down everyone for a second time.

What a tool. We need that bus driver in va beach.

Good for the bus driver. Bike drivers are out of control.

So I'm driving down the street. Everyone's going super slow as biker in Bane mask slows traffic while everyone tries to pass.

Eventually pass Bane then get to next stoplight here comes Bane again, he passes through everyone sitting at red light then gets to the front and slows down everyone for a second time.

What a tool. We need that bus driver in va beach.

Why do you need that bus driver? Come on man, you've got a bumper on the front of your car don't you?

I had one the other day where I was fourth and last in line waiting at a red light. A biker passed me on the right, but instead of passing all the cars he instead waited in front of me. Once the light changed he started riding in the middle of the road. So apparently this guy had something against me and wanted to slow me down. I can think of no other reason why he would do that. I had passed him a couple minutes earlier and I gave him a ton of space when I did that, completely crossing into the other side of the road (yeah I know , chef, that's where I went wrong).

Im a little rusty.....who is at fault if a cyclist hits a pedistrian? Cuz Im gonna hurt them a lot more then they are gonna hurt me.

I think I mentioned this earlier in the thread: I was in a crosswalk once when a cyclist blew through the light. He nearly hit me (and three others); instead I fed him an elbow and he went flying. He turned to the cop that watched the whole thing and demanded I be arrested - the cop basically told him to stop being a dumbass, he ran the light and was at fault and deserved what he got.

It was a good day. :D

I think I mentioned this earlier in the thread: I was in a crosswalk once when a cyclist blew through the light. He nearly hit me (and three others); instead I fed him an elbow and he went flying. He turned to the cop that watched the whole thing and demanded I be arrested - the cop basically told him to stop being a dumbass, he ran the light and was at fault and deserved what he got.

My justice boner is fully erect.

Now if only the cop had issued him a citation or whatever they can do for the bikers violation.