Fitz or Eli

Bronc24

68 members have voted

1. 1. In the Bills current offensive system, who would you rather have at QB?

DON"T WANT ANY PART OF NEW JERSEY :bag: OR THE BLACK HOLE KNOWN BETTER AS NYC !! :sick: If it weren't for Guilianni blowing all the money on the Mets & Yankees stadiums there might be a little left for the only true NY football team !! But the city :devil: has & will always be sucking the state dry !! You can have it !!

BILLS FAN ANY DAY !!!!!!! :beer::thumbsup::beer:

I agree with your sentiment, but financially NYC overwhelmingly funds the entire state, which includes money for the Bills...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No one said he was a HOFer before the season. It's amazing what a 9-7 team getting hot at the right time can do for someone's career.

especially when it happens to someone that already has a ring.

not to mention 13,000 yards in the last 3 seasons, with an average of 29 tds a year over that span.... amazing how the second ring can really knock him into a new tier.

Now that's funny!

Eli is a Hall of Famer folks.

mmmmmm........based on postseason probbly.regular season-wise he is not a hall of famer.

especially when it happens to someone that already has a ring.

not to mention 13,000 yards in the last 3 seasons, with an average of 29 tds a year over that span.... amazing how the second ring can really knock him into a new tier.

most giant fans were ready to dump him after his first several seasons

mmmmmm........based on postseason probbly.regular season-wise he is not a hall of famer.

most giant fans were ready to dump him after his first several seasons

you mean when as a young guy he put up fitz like numbers? if we listen to fans - especially NY fans, i think we will do poorly in just about any evaluations.

he has come along in a big way as he has grown into the role. you can point to the receivers but hes had pretty much 100% turnover over his last few years and he keeps playing well. at some point he deserves some credit when whoever they plug in at wideout or tightend - it just doesnt matter in his stat line. theres no doubt hes on a talented team but hes part of the reason they are more talented.

Edited by NoSaint

you mean when as a young guy he put up fitz like numbers? if we listen to fans - especially NY fans, i think we will do poorly in just about any evaluations.

he has come along in a big way as he has grown into the role. you can point to the receivers but hes had pretty much 100% turnover over his last few years and he keeps playing well. at some point he deserves some credit when whoever they plug in at wideout or tightend - it just doesnt matter in his stat line. theres no doubt hes on a talented team but hes part of the reason they are more talented.

I completely agree with you. He has definitely grown into the role.And he is Montana-like in the playoffs.

The hall of fame stuff---he is marginal if you base any degree of it on his regular season play.And thats not a put down.The guy is a very good QB--and he is absolutely amazing come playoff time.

Its funny how some are saying no one was talking about how great Eli was until he won his second super bowl. True. And no one complained about how bright it was outside until the sun came out. No ****. The SBs and winning them are what make him great. 9-7 sure. But like someone else said, the playoffs are a different picture. Its when every play counts. And Eli won when it counted. This is so homerish a poll I can't believe it.

Its funny how some are saying no one was talking about how great Eli was until he won his second super bowl. True. And no one complained about how bright it was outside until the sun came out. No ****. The SBs and winning them are what make him great. 9-7 sure. But like someone else said, the playoffs are a different picture. Its when every play counts. And Eli won when it counted. This is so homerish a poll I can't believe it.

and hes still averaging like 4300 yards and 29 touchdowns the last 3 regular seasons.

without the last name manning, we would be heaping praise on him, but hes had to fight twice as hard to get out of peytons shadow. Over a 3 season stretch putting up 13,000 yards and 87 touchdowns is fantastic. historically i bet it ranks pretty darn high. but we still only consider him so-so in the regular season.

and hes still averaging like 4300 yards and 29 touchdowns the last 3 regular seasons.

without the last name manning, we would be heaping praise on him, but hes had to fight twice as hard to get out of peytons shadow. Over a 3 season stretch putting up 13,000 yards and 87 touchdowns is fantastic. historically i bet it ranks pretty darn high. but we still only consider him so-so in the regular season.

Kitna put back to back 4,000 yard seasons. And in 2007, if Eli's last name wasn't Manning and there was a better option, he would have been benched. Eli had by far his best season this year. But let's not act like the guy wasn't a turnover machine before.

Eli is better than Fitz no doubt. But you're crazy if you think he would be leading us to much more than 6 wins with our defense. And that is the main point. That Giants defense, which shut down Brady and Rodgers, is just as big of a reason why the G-men won a SB.