donte whitner is an ass

brenty

You say you aren't a fan, but your die-hard posts prove otherwise. Even the post above.

You are welcome to your opinion, irrational is it may be. I'm not sure of the "all objective measures" (completely made up) you are using to say that Whitner is a better safety than "anyone we have". That's laughable to me.

If you'd actually watch football, you would realize just how well George Wilson played at safety this year, despite injury. Even Donte himself said Wilson should have been in the pro-bowl.

It's one thing not to agree, but saying we are all "jealous fans" because we don't agree with you is a little ridiculous. My opinions regarding Donte's play where formed when he was still here, so that argument doesn't hold water

You do understand that pretty much everything he writes is satire, right? He doesn't actually believe what he's saying.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The real issue here is the that the Bills aren't "building through the draft and resigning their own players" as promised. Yes, Donte was drafted WAY too high, and thas has been his biggest problem with Bills fans.

Still, he started and played ok, something the majority of our picks the last 10 years can't say.

Witty as the above comment is, I know he was in the pro bowl, I never said he wasn't (he made it as an alternate). I asked do you really think he is all-pro caliber? Rhetorical question, since you have pronounced your love for him several times.

Most of us who have watched him in Buffalo saw a guy that couldn't cover, couldn't catch, and often whiffed with his "body bump" style of tackling (like when he was Benched a few years ago in favor of our current starter, who played far better than Donte this year). His team got better in SF, but not him. Watch the 4th quarter of the saints playoff game as an example.

I don't "hate" Donte, but have never been a big fan of the way he plays, or his attitude. George Wilson has played amazing football for the Bills, and I am very happy with the CURRENT situation at the position. The Bills upgraded.

I was over Donte as soon as he left via FA. But I do want to say that Alex Smith and Vernon Davis saved his ASS with that last second TD to win the NFC Championship. Donte wiffed on a pick attempt that let the TE(Graham) score what we thought was the winning TD and looked silly wiffing on another big hit.SF would have been just as good, if not better with our saftey back there. Just saying.

I was over Donte as soon as he left via FA. But I do want to say that Alex Smith and Vernon Davis saved his ASS with that last second TD to win the NFC Championship. Donte wiffed on a pick attempt that let the TE(Graham) score what we thought was the winning TD and looked silly wiffing on another big hit.SF would have been just as good, if not better with our saftey back there. Just saying.

And the 44 yrd Sproles TD before it, where he had him dead to rights, but somehow never got a hand on him.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

And the 44 yrd Sproles TD before it, where he had him dead to rights, but somehow never got a hand on him.

Now that's the Donte I remember!!! The difference is SF has a better team and can mask/hide his deficiencies. Whenever he blew an assignment with us, it stood out because the chances were we couldn't make up for his mistakes. Safety play is definitely better w/out him.

Edited by Dopey

I am no more or less a fan or detractor of Dante than anyone else. i am just pointing out the irrational behavior jealous fans have toward him.

In this thread alone he is being called out for defending teammates and being called an ass for it. He is being slammed for being born under the wrong stars or whatever that voodoo crap is and he is being criticized for the way he made it into the pro bowl. The facts are that the Bills didn't have anyone at safety make the pro bowl and Donte did is just a fact. Get over it. He isn't an ass and isn't under the wrong sign. He is just a better safety by all objective measures than anyone we have. It is only one position of 22.

I thought you were making a salient argument until you said "by all objective measures". What a silly misstatement.

Probowl voting is very subjective. For example subjectively and relatively, Donte is a better safety as his team won more games and went to the playoffs. Objectively and individuslly he had fewer ints forced fumbles solo and assisted tackles than the bills GW who accomplished alll that in 2 less games.

So subjectively he is a better player, by ALL objective measures, simply not. As an admirer of rationality, precision in the message should matter. Otherwise you're just spewing nonsense.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

All I know is that there's a die-hard 49ers fan in my office and he was thanking the Bills for letting SF sign Whitner. He's as die-hard about the team as we are about the Bills and he loved the pickup at the time, and still loves it today.

Tell him lunch is on him then.

Interesting when Kyle Williams is named to the pro bowl as an alternate, he is great but when the same happens to Donte its time for us to be technical about it. Lets face it Donte is a good player but he is no Ed Reed. I agree that he is a "pro bowler" as opposed to an "all pro" but the way he became a pro bowler shouldn't be questioned. I think the fact that ex Bills players are playing better for other teams than they were with Buffalo can be an indictment of the coaching staff. I'm not a Whitner hater as some are, he was the best hitter we had on defense and a solid safety. Now that he has solid LB's in front of him allows him to play at a higher level. I am glad for his success...at the same time I love the safeties we have now. Let's not be angry that former Bills are in situations where they can experience winning, something they never experienced with the Bills.

I actually like the way McGee hits better than Donte. McGee hits like the batman cartoons. BAM!! POW!!! POOM!!!! @#!?*%$@#

Edited by HuSeYiN1978

There is a difference between ripping someone in public and defending others who have been ripped. Chan did the former, Donte did the ladder.

This sour grapes about Donte has got to stop. Yes we lost an all pro player but he is gone now. Yes we would all love to have him back whether we admit it or try to deny it .

We just all need to get over it. We can write all the anti-Donte threads in the world but he is still on another team and still an all pro.

We can write anti-gravity threads too but what goes up will still come down.

how does one do the ladder? is it like the twist?

I am no more or less a fan or detractor of Dante than anyone else. i am just pointing out the irrational behavior jealous fans have toward him.

In this thread alone he is being called out for defending teammates and being called an ass for it. He is being slammed for being born under the wrong stars or whatever that voodoo crap is and he is being criticized for the way he made it into the pro bowl. The facts are that the Bills didn't have anyone at safety make the pro bowl and Donte did is just a fact. Get over it. He isn't an ass and isn't under the wrong sign. He is just a better safety by all objective measures than anyone we have. It is only one position of 22.

Seriously dude...He was a Pro Bowl ALTERNATE on a Defense that literally has like 50 times the talent overall than The Bills D...One of the best, if not THE best D in the League...And you called him an ALL PRO right here in this thread...I mean...I'm guessing you know the difference between All Pro and Pro Bowl Alt right? Polamalu is an All Pro...Weddle is and All Pro...Ed Reed is a 2nd Team All Pro...Donte? Not so much...Not that he did not play better in San Fran than he did in Buffalo...Because he did...But to be honest that's not saying much...

I'll take a healthy George Wilson or Jairus Byrd any day over Lil' Donte...Maybe that's just me, and that's fine!...If you think Donte is good on that outstanding San Fran D then IMHO you would not believe how good Byrd and Wilson would be...I think they're both better, smarter Safeties than Donte...Whitner is a bit more physical...That is when he actually gets there and is not taking a terrible angle... B-)

By all objective measures?... :lol:

Someone woke up their roomate at 2am over something Donte Whitner said? :blink:

my laugh woke him up. i have a loud laugh :-/

and holy ****, my post is about how he is an ass and he says one thing and does another. And i dont think anyone of us are jealous of him. He has a funny looking head, so i can pass on wanting to be like him. I come from a bills family where the only people that are allowed to trash talk the bills are the fans, but it is still looked down on. I hate when ex players talk crap about the bills and when he said you should never talk bad about your team or ex-team, it was funny because he did when he left. And twitter made him the most hated guy alive (on the bills)

to me, donte (which you spelled wrong i think twice) isnt an amazing player. He couldnt play in our scheme, to me an amazing player can adapt and play in any scheme. To me someone like george wilson is a better player. A once WR adapting and learning something new and actually is pretty darn good at it. I can careless if he was in the probowl or not, fans vote, that doesn't mean he is the best out there. Hell i thought a couple of bills should have been on there but when you are on a team that was once 5-1 to 6-10... you dont get a lot of votes.

so in conclusion, donte is an ass. He preached one thing and did the opposite.

There is a difference between ripping someone in public and defending others who have been ripped. Chan did the former, Donte did the ladder.

This sour grapes about Donte has got to stop. Yes we lost an all pro player but he is gone now. Yes we would all love to have him back whether we admit it or try to deny it .

We just all need to get over it. We can write all the anti-Donte threads in the world but he is still on another team and still an all pro.

We can write anti-gravity threads too but what goes up will still come down.

I like Wilson better.

You must not actually watch the games if you think Whitner is better than Wilson by "all objective measures". Wilson hasn't even been a full time starter and he has 12 interceptions to Whitners 7 in the past 6 years. Last year Wilson had 4 last year.. Whitner had 2..

Whitner played in 15 games last year and had 62 combined tackles, 2 interceptions and 1 forced fumble.

Wilson played in 13 games last year and had 106 combined tackles, 4 interceptions and 2 forced fumbles.

I know stats aren't everything.. Just saying..

You must not actually watch the games if you think Whitner is better than Wilson by "all objective measures". Wilson hasn't even been a full time starter and he has 12 interceptions to Whitners 7 in the past 6 years. Last year Wilson had 4 last year.. Whitner had 2..

Whitner played in 15 games last year and had 62 combined tackles, 2 interceptions and 1 forced fumble.

Wilson played in 13 games last year and had 106 combined tackles, 4 interceptions and 2 forced fumbles.

Everybody complains that Whitner got to go play on a better defense and then is surprised when he gets fewer stats. The Bills had horrible LBs and a DT that quit after he got a boo boo on his foot. Naturally more guys are going to get to the safety without being tackled and Wilson had to shoulder that load. I like Wilson, don't get me wrong, but comparing tackling stats is not objective. The fact that Whitner made the Pro Bowl and Wilson did not is objective because it is apples to apples. Whitner had a bidding war for his services but it is unfair to compare that to Wilson who was under contract. Do you think there would have been a bidding war for Wilson?

I will also admit that SF used him in a far more efficient way than the Bills ever did. I don't think Whitner is awful, but I don't think he is that good either, I obviously think Wilson has played much better.

Almost all players have strengths and weaknesses and are better suited for certain systems over other systems. Good coaches are adept at putting players in a position to succeed. Some coaches are more flexible and are able to maximize their players' particular talents and minimize their weaknesses. Mediocre coaches are usually more rigid in managing their schemes and are not as adept in adjusting to the players particular talents.

There are a number of reasons why the 49ers took a quantum leap forward. One of the primary reasons has to do with recent good drafting and the development of those players. Another obvious reason is the addition of an excellent HC who knew how to utilize players better than many other coaches.

Donte has got a big mouth but so do a lot of Bills fans. The guy fully embraced this team and never was given a chance by most of the fanbase. He never dogged the area like Willis. He didn't stop returning phone calls like Peters. He didn't run over people with guns and weed in his car like Lynch.

Good for Whitner for having a really good year in SF. That said, Wilson was a great replacement (though he is much weaker in run support).

So George looks to be 2x's the Safety Whitner is! I can agree with that! Watching both play also shows Wilson is way way better a SS then Lil Donte could ever be!