donte whitner is an ass

brenty

Not to nit pick, because I know the type of poster you are, but All Pro, which is the term you used in your original post and Pro Bowl are two completely different terms. Donte was not and has never been voted All Pro. He has made the Pro Bowl as an alternate(which is voted on by the fans). You therefore could say "All-Star" if you'd like.

Ha! I love it. You beat the Crayonz boy at his own game!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 49ers had a great season, Donte Whitner did'nt. He was probaly the worst player on that team and the 49ers fought through his adversity. The fact that they did as well as they did with his poor play is impressive. Whitner is a fair in the box safety, he makes Jim Leonhard look all Pro. He owes his career to Marv Levy for picking him as high as he did. He is the classic locker room cancer. When things are good it's his great play, when things are bad it's the coaches fault. Again the 49ers weak link is Whitner.

It's not that I disagree with other posters, it is that they act like scorned teenagers who lost their girlfriend to another guy and now call her ugly. Then she is voted queen of the prom.....still ugly.......there is a battle to be her next boyfriend.....still ugly.

My stance is that players come and players go. Some good ones go, some bad ones go. When a good one goes, there is no reason to irrationality pretend he isn't good.

PFF Rating this year:

George Wilson: 4 positively-rated games

Donte Whitner: 11 positively-rated games

Byrd: 11 positively-rated games

Amazing how some people don't understand how a team sport really works.

If that's directed at me, you're barking up the wrong tree.

I am fully aware that if Donte had a better cast surrounding him, he'd have looked better in Buffalo. He was asked to do a lot, including things he had no business doing. That said, the power of his mouth exceeds his talent, and he is not anywhere near in the company of an Ed Reed or a Polamalu, guys who merited top ten position. He was not the worst in Buffalo and he is certainly not the best now that he is surrounded by better talent. He is middle of the pack, he's a hard tackler, and can alternate between great stops and getting faked out of his jock. He is producing just fine for SF, a team that paid him less than the Bills were offering.

I thought people overreacted to his every move based on his draft position, but now that he's gone, if he's got nothing good to say about the team that gave him a chance (and really improved money since he was possibly a second rounder), he's the enemy.

If that's directed at me, you're barking up the wrong tree.

I am fully aware that if Donte had a better cast surrounding him, he'd have looked better in Buffalo. He was asked to do a lot, including things he had no business doing. That said, the power of his mouth exceeds his talent, and he is not anywhere near in the company of an Ed Reed or a Polamalu, guys who merited top ten position. He was not the worst in Buffalo and he is certainly not the best now that he is surrounded by better talent. He is middle of the pack, he's a hard tackler, and can alternate between great stops and getting faked out of his jock. He is producing just fine for SF, a team that paid him less than the Bills were offering.

I thought people overreacted to his every move based on his draft position, but now that he's gone, if he's got nothing good to say about the team that gave him a chance (and really improved money since he was possibly a second rounder), he's the enemy.

Agreed. Great post