Polian says Gronk failed their physical

bbb

It used to mean something.....I'd bet dollars to donuts was about a 9-1 bet because donuts cost a dime or so. Now donuts cost more than a dollar so the worm has turned.

I think that dollars to donuts is a way of disparaging law enforcement officials. i.e. you can pay them off with anything from dollars to donuts.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that dollars to donuts is a way of disparaging law enforcement officials. i.e. you can pay them off with anything from dollars to donuts.

No. Mine was right. You can probably look it up on the internet.

Anyway, even if mine was slightly off yours is stupid. Dollars to donuts to pay them off? That is a short range. What about cars, vacations, women, beer? None of that stuff fits between dollars and donuts. I can't even think of anything else starting with D that would be good for a bribe.

I apologise, I didn't understand that "Goderators" can determine what insults were appropriate to throw around here and which ones weren't. I thought I knew better. I didn't twist any of your words

Wow, you provided a list of 1 player, thanks. I wasn't trying to get your panties in a bunch. You said you could provide a list of players that produced more after him. I asked you to provide the list but shorten it to just NT's, the same position as the player the Bills chose at that position....

OK, now you referring to me wearing panties puts the insults at 1-1.

The one I provided was off the top of my head. A UDFA member of the Bills, the very same team that chose Troup with the 41st pick. I don't track NTs picked in the 2010 draft, if you want to know more try google. It was a bad pick then. It remains a bad pick today. That's my opinion, you are welcome to yours.

The one I provided was off the top of my head. A UDFA member of the Bills, the very same team that chose Troup with the 41st pick. I don't track NTs picked in the 2010 draft, if you want to know more try google. It was a bad pick then. It remains a bad pick today. That's my opinion, you are welcome to yours.

If panties are such an insult then why are there 4 pages worth of invoices for them every month on your expense report?

Troup has done nothing since the day he was drafted and he was outplayed in preseason by an UDFA. You expect to get something from the 41st selection in the draft. Would it be inciteful enough if I list all of the productive players who were chosen after him?

You are calling him a safe pick. I'm calling him a ****ty pick.

It was a ****ty pick.

The Entire Draft world was like, "Who? Oh typical Buffalo draft some small conference stand out way too early."

I liked Cody there, or Kindle there. Both may not have been a great pick in retrospect either, but I really don't think Gronk was on the Bills radar at the time. As I have a noted NFL draft problem. I really don't see Gronk in my ratings and rants for that draft, and don't recall a lot of chatter on this board before the draft about Gronk. I do recall a lot of Mt. Cody talk though.

So it wasn't just Nix that missed out on Gronk it was most of this board.

Until 2011 comes around then everyone thought it would have been a great pick.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Where are you Ryan?

Links:

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article704679.ece (See where Troup says he had the Disc problem since college).

http://walterfootball.com/draft2010_3.php (note 3rd round draft projection, to Miami!)

Taking a player who has any sort of back problem to play nose tackle, who is projected to go in the 3rd round, with your second round pick is crazy. (as evidenced by Troup's later issues in the NFL!) You all can apologize to me now for thinking I made up the fact that he had a back issue in college :D I will accept either apologies, or donations of Beer for use at next Bills game :)

This pick is particularly bad when you consider that Terrance Cody, from Alabama, was avaialble and was the starting NT for the Ravens 2nd ranked D in 2011. Other quality DT's were also avaialble as well. Imagine a line of Williams, Cody, Dearus and Kyle Williams/new draft pick/Edwards, etc. Line would be fantastic.

Edited by RyanC883

I never understood the expression dollars to donuts...please explain....

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/dollars-to-donuts.html

...and of course I had to look it up.

Oh, and as someone who almost never gets any response to his posts around here, thank you...regardless of subject.

:D

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Right now in New England there is a huge controversy over Gronk dancing shirtless after the Pats lost the Super Bowl. Couple that with the fact that he caused a pick, blew it big time on the Hail Mary and they already have Aaron Gonzalez and we may be looking at a young star on the trading block. We also know the Pats love stockpiling future picks. Gronk is from Buffalo. Do you think we'd give a 2nd plus a 2013 2nd?

What are your smoking?

What are your smoking?

The guy is a meathead, but no way on earth they trade him-He's damn good and was injured.

The shirtless thing was pretty lame-That was definitely The "Buffalo" in him coming out!

Only tools from Buffalo and New jersey pull lame stunts like that!

Stay Classy.

You brought up the fact that you could list more productive players chosen after him in the draft, I simply called you on it and said to list only the ones that play NT, so that you can prove that he was a bad pick because there were better options the Bills passed on for NT

As for the insults, I just find it kind of ironic that the guy out there telling people to stop insulting other posters would be throwing out insults to other posters. Do as I say, not as I do?

Links:

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article704679.ece (See where Troup says he had the Disc problem since college).

http://walterfootball.com/draft2010_3.php (note 3rd round draft projection, to Miami!)

Taking a player who has any sort of back problem to play nose tackle, who is projected to go in the 3rd round, with your second round pick is crazy. (as evidenced by Troup's later issues in the NFL!) You all can apologize to me now for thinking I made up the fact that he had a back issue in college :D I will accept either apologies, or donations of Beer for use at next Bills game :)

This pick is particularly bad when you consider that Terrance Cody, from Alabama, was avaialble and was the starting NT for the Ravens 2nd ranked D in 2011. Other quality DT's were also avaialble as well. Imagine a line of Williams, Cody, Dearus and Kyle Williams/new draft pick/Edwards, etc. Line would be fantastic.

So you found one article, from this season where he says he had a problem with a disc that goes back to college. Anything from around the time of the draft where it says he had back issues? You would think that there would be some mention of it somewhere around the draft that this guy had issues. I have looked and seen nothing, not even mention of this chronic issues in any of the draft projections of him that discuss back issues. Even the projection you provided doesn't say anything about it. No mentions of missing time due to back injuries in college.

He only had 17 TDs. Does that even count as a franchise TE?

Most TEs would have double that

Plus at least thirteen of those TDs were obviously the result of videotaping. We should save the $ that Ralph would allocate for gronk's next contract and spend it on a couple of HD camcorders.