Gronk taking some heat for his post-game partying

tomdayfan

I have no problem with them being out and partying, the season is over. But what the hell is it with dancing on stage with your shirt off. Where is your dignity man?

Alcohol has a tendency to make dignity a little hard to find, especially when the amount of alcohol consumed is proportionate to the pain of the loss.

I bet he was miserable the next day though.....hungover and his ankle on fire after the shot wore off.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh c'mon, this is dumb. They lost the Superbowl... there's still reason to enjoy life and celebrate a good season. Have at it man. Don't injure yourself, don't do anything illegal, but other than that, do whatever the !@#$ you want on your own time. You had a good year, celebrate away.

The Bills and their fans, have no room to talk. We are the ones with a failing team.

Losing sucks. But are you going to let it ruin your life? No sense sulking about it. The Pats played a good game, and if a couple of plays had turned out differently, they would have won. (And believe me - I am no Patriots fan!)

The good ones shake it off, and get ready to play again. Gronk is young, and I'm sure he will get back to the big game at least a couple more times before he retires..

guess i`m in the minority, but i`d be pretty pissed seeing that if i was a patriots fan

ya, the pc answer is its only football and life goes on, but you`d like to think that a guy who just lost in the super bowl just a few hours before wouldn`t be acting like he just won it...its not a romanticized notion, there are still players out there that care enough to not want to go party after a loss like that

a bit of a stretch, i know, but imagine that was stevie after we had just lost the super bowl...this board would implode

guess i`m in the minority, but i`d be pretty pissed seeing that if i was a patriots fan

ya, the pc answer is its only football and life goes on, but you`d like to think that a guy who just lost in the super bowl just a few hours before wouldn`t be acting like he just won it...its not a romanticized notion, there are still players out there that care enough to not want to go party after a loss like that

a bit of a stretch, i know, but imagine that was stevie after we had just lost the super bowl...this board would implode

Helluva good point. I attended 3 of the Bills superbowl losses while single and my 20's. Had a great time before the games, but was too depressed to party afterwards, just as a fan. personally it would've pissed me off to see Thurman Thomas and crew having the time of their lives after a couple of those miserable performances.

Helluva good point. I attended 3 of the Bills superbowl losses while single and my 20's. Had a great time before the games, but was too depressed to party afterwards, just as a fan. personally it would've pissed me off to see Thurman Thomas and crew having the time of their lives after a couple of those miserable performances.

I totally agree. I remember the nights of the Super Bowl in Buffalo, being one of the few people out in the bars - and knowing how crazy the week before had been when we won the AFC, just how down the city was, because nobody was out. And, those that were, were not whooping it up.........Even if it's just for PR, he could have waited a few days to party in public.

I agree with you. If It was me, and as competitive as I was, I could not have partied like that after losing the superbowl. I know it's a game, but still, how does a player party like that after losing the biggest game of his career? I'm not saying it was wrong, it's just hard to understand. If anyone played football in high school like I did, and the team lost a big game, we were devastated and could never party like that. Maybe it's a new generation. maybe they don't care as much. If I was a teammate I would be pissed

Just because some fans take football way too seriously it seems even sillier to stack additional expectations on their private lives when not actually practicing or playing a game. How would you prefer he sulk?

Apparently his ankle didn't bother him enough to keep him from dancing his sorrow away:

Gronk goes wild

Ridiculous. It's a GAME (which has ended), the party was planned well in advanced. Nothing wrong with guys unwinding from a stressful game. The season is over.

It's one thing to be a die hard fan, it's another to feel that the entire team must be miserable, just because you are.

The fair weather Patriot fans have embarrassed themselves by making a big deal about this, what a bunch of pansies.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Personally, I couldn't care less (though the white boy wasted shirtless dancing with a bunch of guys is pretty strange). But your point about SJ is an excellent one. A lot of people are looking to jump down the throats of anything Bills related. IF SJ did this after a loss, much less a SB, people would want his head.

Side note, Gronk may be the biggest meathead to play in the league in a long time. If he was born earlier, he would have been the perfect bully in 80s movies.