State funding for RWS Stadium improvements?

major

I agree.

Fwiw I wasn't complaining about my job. I love my job. I was simply stating my disaproval of the almighty Governor of NY and the reasons for my opinions.

Oh, we prefer Correctioms Officer and it's not very easy to "knock some heads" unless you want to be unemployed for assault charges.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree.

Fwiw I wasn't complaining about my job. I love my job. I was simply stating my disaproval of the almighty Governor of NY and the reasons for my opinions.

Oh, we prefer Correctioms Officer and it's not very easy to "knock some heads" unless you want to be unemployed for assault charges.

I apologize for saying anything negative. I wish you success in your union's pay struggle, we certainly need corrections officers as the usa is seemingly the world leader by far in breeding folks who need correction.

Success to you sir, and too bad you can't knock some heads anymore!

I apologize for saying anything negative. I wish you success in your union's pay struggle, we certainly need corrections officers as the usa is seemingly the world leader by far in breeding folks who need correction.

Success to you sir, and too bad you can't knock some heads anymore!

No need to apologize. I chose my career. I'd chose it again all over if I had to. Like all jobs it has it's advantages and disadvantages. Didn't mean to offend you and your career at all either.

Go Bills!

My personal opinion about Cuomo is he's a POS. However I work for the state and my union is being fought tooth and nail over much deserved pay increases since the other state agencies/unions in my line of work recieved what we've been fighting for, for the last few years. When your 2 years into contract negotiations it gets rediculous. By the time they ever agree on anything well be due another contract. I know it's the way it goes as a state employee but after doing what he did to CSEA it really lowers my expectations and beliefs in Cuomo as Governor.

Well = your position that Cuomo is a "POS" is pretty much the same us all of us thinking that the Unions that dominate NYS policy and its legislative bodies are 'POS's" too. The unions fail to grasp the fiscal realities concerning the cost of health and defined retirements and their constant sheltering of poor workers and ridiculous work rules and over the top benefits (see Buffalo Teachers cosmetic surgery) puts a bad taste in everyone's mouth.

Edited by baskin

For some reason, I do not trust Cuomo will do the right thing in terms of funding for the improvements to RW stadium. I did not like his recent statements, and I do not think he really understands on an emotional level the importance of the Bills to Western New York. Thoughts?

He is a patronizing politician and will say whatever people want to hear. The reality is upstate ny is the red head step child to state politics. We don't matter to them and they don't care about us. It's all about downstate and long island.

Well = your position that Cuomo is a "POS" is pretty much the same us all of us thinking that the Unions that dominate NYS policy and its legislative bodies are 'POS's" too. The unions fail to grasp the fiscal realities concerning the cost of health and defined retirements and their constant sheltering of poor workers and ridiculous work rules and over the top benefits (see Buffalo Teachers cosmetic surgery) puts a bad taste in everyone's mouth.

Stop by the politics side of the board sometime

Edited by drinkTHEkoolaid

For some reason, I do not trust Cuomo will do the right thing in terms of funding for the improvements to RW stadium. I did not like his recent statements, and I do not think he really understands on an emotional level the importance of the Bills to Western New York. Thoughts?

Well that depends on what you think the right thing is. Personally I don't think any tax money should fund any stadium improvements.

But Cuomo will do what every politician does, do what he thinks gives him the best chance at re-election.

The state of NY makes a lot of money off the Bills, not to mention if Buffalo looses the Bills, the local economy will take a HUGE hit ultimately affecting the entire state. If I'm the governor of NYS I would do everything in my power to keep the Bills whether I'm a fan or not.The reason the state hasn't included the Bills in the state budget is because there is still another year left on the lease, and no one knows for certain what the final cost is to repair the stadium.

I agree.

The general vibe on TSW, if you are a government employee, or a member of a union, you are blight on society...you have never done an honest days work in your life, you are responsibe for the current economic state of the country, etc etc etc... 0:)

In case anyone hasn't noticed, NYS government has not done the right thing when dealing with Buffalo and WNY for more than 50 years, what on earth makes anyone think for one second they'll start now? Have you walked down Main street in Buffalo on the 360 days there isn't a special event going on? Have you walked down any street on any day in Niagara Falls? Do you really think that wind bag is going to do anything good for Buffalo? His election hinges on the votes of largely populated areas of the state, and that's exactly where he will focus his attentions(Cuomo).

Until real tax relief happens, and regionalization of local governments, and a plan to share the taxes across the state, don't expect Cuomo to be anything more than a blowhard who has zero intention to assist Buffalo in any way in it's efforts to keep it's beloved team. Sorry if I crapped in your salad this morning, but these, and other real issues are turning my home town into a desolate area, and it makes me sick.

In case anyone hasn't noticed, NYS government has not done the right thing when dealing with Buffalo and WNY for more than 50 years, what on earth makes anyone think for one second they'll start now? Have you walked down Main street in Buffalo on the 360 days there isn't a special event going on? Have you walked down any street on any day in Niagara Falls? Do you really think that wind bag is going to do anything good for Buffalo? His election hinges on the votes of largely populated areas of the state, and that's exactly where he will focus his attentions(Cuomo).

Until real tax relief happens, and regionalization of local governments, and a plan to share the taxes across the state, don't expect Cuomo to be anything more than a blowhard who has zero intention to assist Buffalo in any way in it's efforts to keep it's beloved team. Sorry if I crapped in your salad this morning, but these, and other real issues are turning my home town into a desolate area, and it makes me sick.

Isn't Cuomo planning to invest over 1 Billion into Buffalo? Seems like that's a lot more attention given to the area by any other Governor. Something like that could also indirectly help keep the Bills in Buffalo.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/148858/37/Cuomo-Announces-1-Billion-For-Buffalo-

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Isn't Cuomo planning to invest over 1 Billion into Buffalo? Seems like that's a lot more attention given to the area than any other Governor.

He claims that but I think the chances are very small that he will come through.

Importance-wise for Mario Jr., Staten Island>>>>Buffalo

Well see how wveryone feels when the state releases between 20-30k murderers, rapists and child molesters back into the public within the next few years. Ya, Cuomo wants to do that.

I really don't care what anyone else thinks of me or my profession but the fact is not everyone can or would want to do my job on a daily basis. The fact is that local, state and county police/sheriff/troopers recieved not only 7% pay increases, but other incentives as well makes my argument justified. Especially since we get paid the least to begin with. If you really want to complain about how much the state spends in state employees, look mo further than the amount of money if forks out to criminals in prisons that sue and win millions for rediculous reasons. Where else cam you kill someone, and make millions in prison because you won a lawsuit for something you shouldn't have the right to do anyway. How bout the millions of dollars the state spends on medications and operations to keep these murderers and rapists alive. Example: a man in prison for murdering 17 people goes into the hospital for a heart attack and the state pays thousands for surgeries to keep him alive. How about all the AIDS medications we fork over to dying rapists that are in jail for knowingly having AIDS and raping 12 year old girls. My facility alone spends almost $2 million a month on medications and there's 60 more just like it.

Im not responding to anymore messages regarding this topic just stating facts, taking my ball and going home. If you don't like state employees that's fine for what it is, but show some respect for people who have to deal with the scumbags of society on a daily basis when no one else wants to do it and when the state government itself doesn't back it's own employees when something bad happens.

Well see how wveryone feels when the state releases between 20-30k murderers, rapists and child molesters back into the public within the next few years. Ya, Cuomo wants to do that.

I really don't care what anyone else thinks of me or my profession but the fact is not everyone can or would want to do my job on a daily basis. The fact is that local, state and county police/sheriff/troopers recieved not only 7% pay increases, but other incentives as well makes my argument justified. Especially since we get paid the least to begin with. If you really want to complain about how much the state spends in state employees, look mo further than the amount of money if forks out to criminals in prisons that sue and win millions for rediculous reasons. Where else cam you kill someone, and make millions in prison because you won a lawsuit for something you shouldn't have the right to do anyway. How bout the millions of dollars the state spends on medications and operations to keep these murderers and rapists alive. Example: a man in prison for murdering 17 people goes into the hospital for a heart attack and the state pays thousands for surgeries to keep him alive. How about all the AIDS medications we fork over to dying rapists that are in jail for knowingly having AIDS and raping 12 year old girls. My facility alone spends almost $2 million a month on medications and there's 60 more just like it.

Im not responding to anymore messages regarding this topic just stating facts, taking my ball and going home. If you don't like state employees that's fine for what it is, but show some respect for people who have to deal with the scumbags of society on a daily basis when no one else wants to do it and when the state government itself doesn't back it's own employees when something bad happens.

You could not pay me enough to be a prison guard & I honestly mean that. I don't think I would do it for $1 million per year. With that being said, I am not talking about you in particular but unions are a big reason why businesses can not grow in NYS. When teachers are making $70, $80 thousand dollars per year with unbelievable pensions, paid healthcare & still having 200 + days off per year & they threaten to strike every friggin year the system is somewhat broken.

You could not pay me enough to be a prison guard & I honestly mean that. I don't think I would do it for $1 million per year. With that being said, I am not talking about you in particular but unions are a big reason why businesses can not grow in NYS. When teachers are making $70, $80 thousand dollars per year with unbelievable pensions, paid healthcare & still having 200 + days off per year & they threaten to strike every friggin year the system is somewhat broken.

No offense man, but I think you are making statements based on false assumptions. I know many teachers, and aspiring teachers, and none of them make anywhere near 70-80k a year, nor will they ever. I don't know where you get those numbers from. Many take jobs starting at less than 30k a year. And don't forget, these people need a masters degree and have to pay off those student loans. No one becomes a teacher for the money...

As far as the unions go, if you are anti-union then you should be pro Cuomo. The unions have been mostly powerless of late, losing 15% of their workforce, a 2% reduction in salary, increased contributions to retirement, and increased health insurance premiums.

All of these things were needed IMO, even though the workers obviously will never like it. People always love to blame "the other guys" for their troubles.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

The Bills leaving though would be so huge and immediate. Buffalo's decay has been slow to where you can't pin point it to one specific person, with the Bills leaving all attention would be Cuomo, and other NYS politician right now, Buffalo would have a face to put on all their problems. If Cuomo had any sort of a brain, he would do everything in his power to keep the Bills here, or his political career will take a huge hit.

I love the Bills just as much as anyone else. I've cried over the Bills. I'll cry when they move. Having said that, I am totally against the state of NY spending millions of $ to keep them here. That is not the function of state govt. Buffalo has depended on handouts from the state for decades. This has to stop.

No government can create prosperity. That comes from the private sector.

Well, we may not be the lowest paid I was simply comparing COs with Troopers and Sheriffs.

Troopers, Customs/Border Patrol, Sheriffs, Amherst PD, Court Officers all make more than COs if not immediately, within 2 years of hire date.

Troopers and Sheriffs both recieved 7% pay increases recently. If I'm wrong then I'm apologizing for my false information ahead of time.

If you work for another state or local law enforcement and I've offended you I obviously haven't set out to do that.

The Bills leaving though would be so huge and immediate. Buffalo's decay has been slow to where you can't pin point it to one specific person, with the Bills leaving all attention would be Cuomo, and other NYS politician right now, Buffalo would have a face to put on all their problems. If Cuomo had any sort of a brain, he would do everything in his power to keep the Bills here, or his political career will take a huge hit.

Honestly, because it had been decaying for decades, Buffalo has maintained pretty well during the last 5 years.

honestly, I jsut hate this topic and it's pretty pointless IMO unless there is somethign we can do as fans. All the talk of re-locating teams I have heard recently never even mentions Buffalo. Thinking about the Bills moving is like thinking about your wife or girlfriend cheating on you. If it hasn't happened, why worry about it? You'll drive yourself crazy.