Tasker Tweet re: Pete Metzelaars TE coach

DevilsAlum

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very excited about this addition. Now all he needs is a couple of quick Tight Ends that can take hits. Chandler was good but we still need another TE. I prefer a quicker one.

Chandler may not be nack, so we may need another one with a little power.

Cool.

But we don't have any TEs to coach.

Perhaps bringing PM indicates a new focus on the TE position. yes, gailey had a TE coach before but bringing a guy with old ties to the organization and one who worked with a good offense before (Indy) may indicate that Gailey sees the advantage of having a TE exploit the middle and soft parts of opposing Defenses. I see them drafting/acquiring speedy WRs to man the post routes and deep areas of the field while allowing the TEs to roam the middle. Attack from the back with FJax/Spiller, the deep and sideline with SJohnson+FA/draft, middle with Spiller/Chandler (?)/another TE. Now if only Fitz could consistently complete those sideline and deep routes, we would be golden.

He coached dallas clark to be a great TE....if Pete is the new TE coach i will be extremly happy

Except he wasn't the TE's coach in Indy, his last job in Indy was O-line coach, and he started there as the Offensive Quality Control Coach (same as what VanPelt did here to get his start)

but I thought Ralph was against hiring former players as coaches here, thats what members of the board/Ralph is cheap group have said..........

Edited by apuszczalowski