Tasker Tweet re: Pete Metzelaars TE coach

DevilsAlum

You got that right. Chandler should be brought back, and I don't think Fendi Onobun and Kevin Brock

will strike fear over the middle...

I agree with this 100%, if for no other reason than he was great in the red zone. The Bills desperately need that big guy with good hands, especially with a virtually empty WR roster...That being said, Nix has gone public suggesting he doesn't want to "bid" for Chandler. I get the feeling that the chances of seeing Chandler back are pretty slim.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You got that right. Chandler should be brought back, and I don't think Fendi Onobun and Kevin Brock

will strike fear over the middle...

Wait I thought it was Gucci Onaroll.

Edited by Why So Serious?

I agree with this 100%, if for no other reason than he was great in the red zone. The Bills desperately need that big guy with good hands, especially with a virtually empty WR roster...That being said, Nix has gone public suggesting he doesn't want to "bid" for Chandler. I get the feeling that the chances of seeing Chandler back are pretty slim.

From what it sounds like, Chandler is going to be looking for a big payday this offseason, and Buffalo isn't looking to break the bank for him.

The Bills sound like they do want him back, but know he wants alot more then they are willing to spend on him

I think that it should be interesting to see what kind of impact former Bills TE Peter Metzelaars can bring to Bills this season. It sounds like Buffalo will -- as usual -- place a low emphasis on the Tight End position. I'm assuming though that we can atleast sign Scott Chandler for a 3 year deal at a very affordable price. I would like to see if Chandler can step up his game. He was a good target in the red zone but did very little otherwise. I am hoping that the last great Bills TE (and likely the greatest Bills TE of all time) can "coach up" Chandler.

I really thought Metz would be a good hire back in December. Now if we can only bring Frank Reich on board in some capacity. Rather have him than Lee at QB Coach.

I think that it should be interesting to see what kind of impact former Bills TE Peter Metzelaars can bring to Bills this season. It sounds like Buffalo will -- as usual -- place a low emphasis on the Tight End position. I'm assuming though that we can atleast sign Scott Chandler for a 3 year deal at a very affordable price. I would like to see if Chandler can step up his game. He was a good target in the red zone but did very little otherwise. I am hoping that the last great Bills TE (and likely the greatest Bills TE of all time) can "coach up" Chandler.

I really thought Metz would be a good hire back in December. Now if we can only bring Frank Reich on board in some capacity. Rather have him than Lee at QB Coach.

News flash Reich is gainfully employed in Arizona. I think Chandler will not be had for "a very affordable price" Limitations and all. This years FA class of tight ends is thin.

I don't think that there is any real correlation between how good a player was and how good a coach he'll make. Beyond that, I don't think ANY TE coach is

going to make Scott Chandler into much more than he already is - an OK starter who has a little ability in the red-zone, but no ability to stretch the field. No

coach is going to turn him into a top 10-15 in the NFL TE.

I think it could be a big factor because of Chandler. Pete as a player and Chandler are a lot alike. Tall slow footed, with descent hands and yards after the catch of zero. I also don't think Chandler is going to hold up the bank to resign. This offense can really move the football with their starters back and Chandler can really benefit from staying right here.