Who's In Your Five?

Astrobot

I think the Bills will bring in pass rush via FA so they can draft BPA at #10. Right now I would bet the Mock for 1-9, and the resulting short list of BPA's would be (all others being previously taken):

Round Pick Team Selection Psn School CRI Delta ReachValue

1 1 Indianapolis Andrew Luck QB Stanford P1 +0 Value

1 2 St Louis Matt Kalil OT USC P2 +0 Value

1 3 Minnesota Justin Blackmon WRF Oklahoma State P2 +0 Value

1 4 Cleveland Robert Griffin QB Baylor P2 -4 Reach

1 5 Tampa Bay Morris Claiborne CB LSU P2 +0 Value

1 6 Washington Michael Floyd WRF Notre Dame P3 -3 Reach

1 7 Jacksonville Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama P2 -5 Reach

1 8 Miami Courtney Upshaw OLB34 Alabama P2 -5 Reach

1 9 Carolina Devon Still DT43 Penn State P2 +2 Value

Leaving us with a choice of:

Quinton Coples DE43 North Carolina

Zach Brown OLB43 North Carolina

Riley Reiff OT Iowa

Jonathan Martin OT Stanford

Alfonzo Dennard CB Nebraska

Luke Kuechly ILB Boston College *

Whitn.Mercilus DE43 Illinois

Janoris Jenkins CB North Alabama

David DeCastro OG Stanford *

Melvin Ingram DE43 South Carolina

Nick Perry OLB34 USC *

Mike Adams OT Ohio State

Donta Hightower ILB Alabama *

Mohamed Sanu WRF Rutgers

That's the order DraftTek has them on their BigBoard, before the Underwear Olympics. :flirt:

Think of this as the BPA Board according to our guys who do this for a living and many of whom were at Senior Bowl week.

IMHO, I'd take Kuechly (which I learned is pronounced CAKE-lee) and Hightower off since Gailey said yesterday Shepp's his MLB. I'm taking DeCastro off, because we'll fill that position internally. I'm taking Perry off (sorry people) because he drops to 30th on our BigBoard if played as a DE43.

I'm looking at two CB's, three OT's, three DE43's, one OLB43, and one WR available at #10 pre-combine.

Channix will look at which CB, which OT, and which DE they like best, and it's down to 5-6 players.

My five right now, for a solid, low risk, immediate-high-return pick, are

Reiff OT, Brown OLB43, Martin OT, Ingram DE43, and Adams OT.

To effectively be able to draft BPA, the Bills will be bringing in a pass rusher in FA like

John Abraham (32.7 PRR*),

Calais Campbell (23.5 PRR),

Robert Mathis (22 PRR),

and not

Michael Bennett (12.5 PRR), or

Mario Williams (9.2 PRR).

*PRR is Pass Rush Rating from ProFootballFocus Premium. It's the sum of each player's game by game pass rush rating scores from 2011.

Let's say you did bring in a guy like Mathis, so you can draft BPA at #10.

Who's in your FIVE?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OT Martin

OT Reiff

WR Jeffery (I'm assuming he gets serious about his conditioning for the Combine...If so I think he's an elite Prospect and a HUGE upgrade...I realize I'm in the minority on Jeffery...but I don't care...lol)

DE Coples (not sure about safe...But his upside is pretty high)

DE/OLB Courtney Upshaw (I think he's a VERY safe pick...But not spectacular...)

OT Martin

OT Reiff

WR Jeffery (I'm assuming he gets serious about his conditioning for the Combine...If so I think he's an elite Prospect and a HUGE upgrade...I realize I'm in the minority on Jeffery...but I don't care...lol)

DE Coples (not sure about safe...But his upside is pretty high)

DE/OLB Courtney Upshaw (I think he's a VERY safe pick...But not spectacular...)

I would have Coples and Jeffery in My Five if I were more of a risk-taker. Not sure that describes Nix or Ralph! As you might have checked, DraftTek has Jeffery a lot lower than most, not ranking him as a Featured Receiver, and third on the Possession Receivers board. I differ with them, and Jeffery would IMHO make Stevie (and Nelson) better.

Not included in this Astro is a plan for the other side of the ball which MUST be factored into the equation...:)

If we can get a decent number 2 and a John Abraham type DE in free agency.......I would either go LT or Couples

The thing is....Couples has a LOT of talent....and quite frankly I think we are ok at the LT position with Bell and our pick from last year.

Our defense needs MAJOR help.....I think we would have made the playoffs this year if we would not have been so terrible on that side of the ball.

I would have Coples and Jeffery in My Five if I were more of a risk-taker. Not sure that describes Nix or Ralph! As you might have checked, DraftTek has Jeffery a lot lower than most, not ranking him as a Featured Receiver, and third on the Possession Receivers board. I differ with them, and Jeffery would IMHO make Stevie (and Nelson) better.

It's all going to be about the Combine and/or Private Workouts for Jeffery...He did let himself get a little out-of-shape last Season...But in actuality his weight did not effect his production nearly as much as the QB change...He still runs by CB's like Dennard with little effort...But if he gets his weight WAY down, shows dedication to being in top condition, and runs in the 4.5's, I can't see why he would not be a Top 7-15 Pick...If he shows up with that little pooch and looks slow, he'll slide...despite being enormously talented... B-)

It's all going to be about the Combine and/or Private Workouts for Jeffery...He did let himself get a little out-of-shape last Season...But in actuality his weight did not effect his production nearly as much as the QB change...He still runs by CB's like Dennard with little effort...But if he gets his weight WAY down, shows dedication to being in top condition, and runs in the 4.5's, I can't see why he would not be a Top 7-15 Pick...If he shows up with that little pooch and looks slow, he'll slide...despite being enormously talented... B-)

If a player can't be motivated to get his first big pay check (lack of conditioning last year)... how well do you think he'll stay motivated after he gets his first big paycheck?

If a player can't be motivated to get his first big pay check (lack of conditioning last year)... how well do you think he'll stay motivated after he gets his first big paycheck?

Well...It's a red-flag...I'm not disputing that...But he's a College Kid, and I'm more than willing to give him a pass if he shows up at the Combine and his workouts in good shape...I don't think he's a bad Kid or anything like that...It's just my opinion, but I think he's got Larry Fitgerald-type potential...Maybe better...We'll see... B-)

I think the Bills will bring in pass rush via FA so they can draft BPA at #10. Right now I would bet the Mock for 1-9, and the resulting short list of BPA's would be (all others being previously taken):

Round Pick Team Selection Psn School CRI Delta ReachValue

1 1 Indianapolis Andrew Luck QB Stanford P1 +0 Value

1 2 St Louis Matt Kalil OT USC P2 +0 Value

1 3 Minnesota Justin Blackmon WRF Oklahoma State P2 +0 Value

1 4 Cleveland Robert Griffin QB Baylor P2 -4 Reach

1 5 Tampa Bay Morris Claiborne CB LSU P2 +0 Value

1 6 Washington Michael Floyd WRF Notre Dame P3 -3 Reach

1 7 Jacksonville Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama P2 -5 Reach

1 8 Miami Courtney Upshaw OLB34 Alabama P2 -5 Reach

1 9 Carolina Devon Still DT43 Penn State P2 +2 Value

Leaving us with a choice of:

Quinton Coples DE43 North Carolina

Zach Brown OLB43 North Carolina

Riley Reiff OT Iowa

Jonathan Martin OT Stanford

Alfonzo Dennard CB Nebraska

Luke Kuechly ILB Boston College *

Whitn.Mercilus DE43 Illinois

Janoris Jenkins CB North Alabama

David DeCastro OG Stanford *

Melvin Ingram DE43 South Carolina

Nick Perry OLB34 USC *

Mike Adams OT Ohio State

Donta Hightower ILB Alabama *

Mohamed Sanu WRF Rutgers

That's the order DraftTek has them on their BigBoard, before the Underwear Olympics. :flirt:

Think of this as the BPA Board according to our guys who do this for a living and many of whom were at Senior Bowl week.

IMHO, I'd take Kuechly (which I learned is pronounced CAKE-lee) and Hightower off since Gailey said yesterday Shepp's his MLB. I'm taking DeCastro off, because we'll fill that position internally. I'm taking Perry off (sorry people) because he drops to 30th on our BigBoard if played as a DE43.

I'm looking at two CB's, three OT's, three DE43's, one OLB43, and one WR available at #10 pre-combine.

Channix will look at which CB, which OT, and which DE they like best, and it's down to 5-6 players.

To effectively be able to draft BPA, the Bills will be bringing in a pass rusher in FA like

John Abraham (32.7 PRR*),

Calais Campbell (23.5 PRR),

Robert Mathis (22 PRR),

and not

Michael Bennett (12.5 PRR), or

Mario Williams (9.2 PRR).

*PRR is Pass Rush Rating from ProFootballFocus Premium. It's the sum of each player's game by game pass rush rating scores from 2011.

Let's say you did bring in a guy like Mathis, so you can draft BPA at #10.

Who's in your FIVE?

Buddy already has stated that If there's a tackle there that fits what where looking for where going to take a tackle.....He has telegraphed this stuff before. How many times did we here water bug before we drafted CJ, or were going big on defense before we got Dareus. If Reiff is there I bet he becomes a Bill.

With that list of options I take Martin or Reiff. I still had the Stanford/ USC game and the Oklahoma/Oklahoma St. game recorded. I wouldn't take Nick Perry in the fifth round. He looked even lazier than Coples in going after the play. Very overrated. even after Martin left the game with a sprained ankle, Perry was not a factor. Another guy to avoid is Markelle Martin of Ok. St. Very slow reactions. But Martin and DeCastro from Stanford both looked like solid pro material to me.

Out of the 5 you have left i was glad to see one guy that i thought would be a instant help to our D & can play more than 1 position & that's Melvin Ingram .

I think the guy is money , he gets of blocks well has really good speed , and from what i saw the guy ALWAYS seems to be around the ball . Plus he can come out of a 3 point or a standing position DE or OLB the guy will be a great add & doesn't take plays off . He covers the entire field well .

Ingram is my pick at # 10 !!! :worthy: :worthy:

Buddy already has stated that If there's a tackle there that fits what where looking for where going to take a tackle.....He has telegraphed this stuff before. How many times did we here water bug before we drafted CJ, or were going big on defense before we got Dareus. If Reiff is there I bet he becomes a Bill.

He also telegraphed a WR

In this draft scenario Floyd and Still pushed down Martin and Reiff.

it would have to be one of the tackles.

COPLES work ethic question marks could scare away Nix &Gailey I expect them to do their due diligence. If they have a good feeling he could be the pick too.

My 5 would be

Martin

Reiff

Coples

Jeffrey

Brown

Top five wish list, in order.

1. Mercilus

2. Nick Perry

3. Coples

4. Jeffrey

5. Martin