Pats fans not buying SB tickets

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The pats have sold out 18 consecutive years--before the start of each season. It began when Kraft bought the team and continued through 6-10, 8-8 and 5-11 seasons in the 90's.

Hey don't confuse the issue with facts.

Pats fans are not REAL fans because they won't pay $15000 to go to Indy to watch the game, got it! ;)

Back when every body was complaining that the Bills weren't selling out our home games AT CHRISTMAS NO LESS i thought it was pretty apparent what the reason for that was , but with the economy as bad as it is you can't expect people to be buying all the extra crap they use .

Now you can still expect the US gov't to spend way above their means :sick: but the people at least have SOME common sense left !! I think ????

That is obviously a huge factor, but I think there might be a little something to the burnout factor as well. Remember, the Bills didn't sell out their wild-card playoff game, after the 1992 season. I hate all the Boston area teams, except the Celtics. But imagine, being a Boston area sports fan, like you are a Buffalo fan. Boston, I believe, has had an unprecedented 10 year stretch of pro sports success. Since 2001, look at the championship records of the 4 Boston/New England teams:

2002- Patriots win Super Bowl

2004- Patriots win Super Bowl,

Red Sox win World Series

2005- Patriots win Super Bowl

2007- Red Sox win World Series

2008- Celtics win NBA title,

Patriots lose Super Bowl

2010- Celtics lose in NBA finals

2011- Bruins win Stanley Cup

2012- Patriots in Super Bowl

That is 7 out of 9 championship possibilities... a lot of time, and money commitment. As fleeting as success has been for our Bills, I would probably pay $2500 for a Super Bowl ticket, as much as I would hate having to. If I am a Boston fan, the novelty may not be so great.

This!

People don't seem to realize that Boston has been on an obscene winning tear in the past 12 years.

The pats have sold out 18 consecutive years--before the start of each season. It began when Kraft bought the team and continued through 6-10, 8-8 and 5-11 seasons in the 90's.

Right before that, however, they sold 19,000 season tickets in the early 1990's, in a metro area about 5 times the size of Buffalo, with corporate/disposable income probably closer to 10 times the size of the Buffalo area.....

Right before that, however, they sold 19,000 season tickets in the early 1990's, in a metro area about 5 times the size of Buffalo, with corporate/disposable income probably closer to 10 times the size of the Buffalo area.....

Metro area? You realize the stadium is in Foxboro Mass, a good 40 minute drive from Boston.

Metro area? You realize the stadium is in Foxboro Mass, a good 40 minute drive from Boston.

And 20+ years ago, the NFL was a whole different beast.... You know, with those $150 superbowl tickets. Clearly demand has changed across the board.

So what? The point that was made is that they are fair weather fans, yet they clearly were selling out through crappy seasons also. That teams was in the dumps, a new owner (an actual fan--who went to games) appears and--presto, new life restored to a fan base.

Buffalo doens't need a metro area "5 times" its current size. It just needs a new owner to bring hope to the faithful.

The NFL could either; Black out the game in NE, or rent the tarps from Jacksonville to cover up the unsold seats.

For most fans it's just way too expensive to; travel to/from, stay, eat, and finally go to the actual game.

Could you imagine the uproar if the NFL tried to blackout a superbowl to the teams cities primary markets for not selling out.

I can't imagine the game not selling out though. Even in Indy and even at those prices. Most if not all of the inflated prices are from resellers. If they don't sell they will lower the price or go themselves. There will be a butt in the seat come game time :)

Could you imagine the uproar if the NFL tried to blackout a superbowl to the teams cities primary markets for not selling out.

I can't imagine the game not selling out though. Even in Indy and even at those prices. Most if not all of the inflated prices are from resellers. If they don't sell they will lower the price or go themselves. There will be a butt in the seat come game time :)

It makes no sense for the NFL to pick cities like Indy for the SB. Fans want to go for a total experience, not just the game.

It makes no sense for the NFL to pick cities like Indy for the SB. Fans want to go for a total experience, not just the game.

While the usual super bowl cities have benefited way to much from this.They have them there for a reason. I agree that having one in Indy and in the middle of winter for me anyhow would not justify the expense.

I remember a great playoff comeback that many Bills fans couldn't watch on TV due to no sellout. I think we were playing with a backup QB and had just gotten whipped the week before in their house. Could it be the fear of losing that keeps the Pats fans away?

Burned out by success huh. I wonder what that is like.

Crazy as it sounds, I remember the 1993 Bills season, when the Bills were coming off their 3rd consecutive Super Bowl appearence...about halfway through the season, Bills were just racking up regular season wins, as I had grown accustomed to.

Durig one of their beatdowns on another inferior oppenant, I remember saying to my buddy..."man, these blowouts are getting kind of dull...almost wish we could just skip the regular season and fast forward right to the Super Bowl"... god, I would love to feel that blase again, about the Bills success! :P

Crazy as it sounds, I remember the 1993 Bills season, when the Bills were coming off their 3rd consecutive Super Bowl appearence...about halfway through the season, Bills were just racking up regular season wins, as I had grown accustomed to.

Durig one of their beatdowns on another inferior oppenant, I remember saying to my buddy..."man, these blowouts are getting kind of dull...almost wish we could just skip the regular season and fast forward right to the Super Bowl"... god, I would love to feel that blase again, about the Bills success! :P

starting to see small hints of it here, as the re-sale market softens up some for saints tickets. still at about 250% markup, but even that is down from what it was when winning was "new and exciting."

Guess this means the Pats might be considered for a move to LA?

And where is it saying the game might not be sold out, just because Pats fans aren't buying tickets? Half the stadium is probably going to be filled with fans of neither team. The amounts being quoted are for resale tickets by scalpers and legal scalping businesses like Stub Hub. I'm sure the game is already sold out by now.

Maybe 40 minutes in traffic. The stadium is exactly 21 miles from downtown Boston. So yes, it's in the Boston Metro. By comparison RWS is 9 miles from downtown Buffalo.

PTR

To me, that would be the greatest thing to happen to the sport. If it did, you would see a lot more support for the FCC and these groups that are trying to get the blackouts removed. Not to mention the rioting and pillaging similar to that of Vancouver when they lost the cup.

Edited by The Wiz