Pats fans not buying SB tickets

Yawn...another Super Bowl.

Maybe it's the economy. Maybe Massachusetts residents don't relish the idea of visiting Indianapolis in the dead of winter -- or at any time of year. Or perhaps there's a bigger reason: "It's a little old hat for Patriots fans," StubHub spokeswoman Joellen Ferrer said.

LINK

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheapest tickets on stubhub currently are $2500. That may just have a little to do with it, not to mention the game is in Indianapolis. Cold weather cities are always a big plus when deciding if you want to attend a SB. :doh:

Not stopping Giants fans, though.

PTR

Not stopping Giants fans, though.

PTR

Giants fans are more psychotic than Pats fans.

Plus $2500 might not be a lot of money to someone living in NYC because the of cost of living (and subsequently the salaries) there.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Giants fans are more psychotic than Pats fans.

Plus $2500 might not be a lot of money to someone living in NYC because the of cost of living (and subsequently the salaries) there.

And Boston is a cheap place to live??? Sorry, that excuse doesn't hold water. Super Bowl tickets have always been expensive. The Pats are probably the greatest dynasty the NFL has ever seen. But their fans can't be bothered to see them play in the Super Bowl? Weak.

PTR

And Boston is a cheap place to live??? Sorry, that excuse doesn't hold water. Super Bowl tickets have always been expensive. The Pats are probably the greatest dynasty the NFL has ever seen. But their fans can't be bothered to see them play in the Super Bowl? Weak.

PTR

The people in that region who can afford $2500 tickets live in either Connecticut or Long Island. I.e. Giants fans.

This. Plus I imagine the majority of Pats fans will see the game. They will just see it like you and I will, on a TV at home or at a party with friends and save themselves the $10K.

Besides $2500 per ticket minimum to see a !@#$ing football game? Come on man that is crazy. But a fool and his money are soon parted. And I guess in this case it is the Giants fans who are the bigger fools ;)

Edited by CodeMonkey

The cost is incredible. I went to the Bills first 3 SBs and the most I paid for a ticket was $150.00. Not sure I could go if they ever make it again.

I don't think you will ever have to worry about that.

I remember reading an article a few years ago with tips on getting Super Bowl tickets "cheaper." One way, if you didn't care who was playing, was to go to a Super Bowl that had repeat teams in it, the logic being just what's happening here: Tickets will be easier to come by if all the rich bandwagoners have had plenty of chances to go in recent years.

Can you imagine the next Super Bowl the Bills are in? Tickets will be impossible to find at any price. A buddy of mine and I, we both grew up in ROC and live in different parts of the country now. We have a pact to both go to that game no matter what the cost.

Along those lines, I've also known people who have gone to the Super Bowl and "saved" money by buying single seats.

I remember reading the same thing in 2007. Must be rough to go to the Super Bowl on a regular basis. It doesn't seem to bother Stealer fans though.

When you've been before, or hope to go again - Indy in February doesn't scream $10k vacation to me.

The Patriots are the Boston team with the longest Championship drought.

So maybe it's not so old hat after all.

I'm sure there will be a butt in every seat. I'm not worried for a moment.

Even though its NAPaNAPolis as in ZZZZZZZZZZ.

The Patriots are the Boston team with the longest Championship drought.

So maybe it's not so old hat after all.

I'm sure there will be a butt in every seat. I'm not worried for a moment.

Even though its NAPaNAPolis as in ZZZZZZZZZZ.

The debate was ratio of fans, not if it'll be full.

Can you imagine the next Super Bowl the Bills are in? Tickets will be impossible to find at any price. A buddy of mine and I, we both grew up in ROC and live in different parts of the country now. We have a pact to both go to that game no matter what the cost.

To me I'd rather spend the money to travel to Buffalo and experience the game there.