Eagles kicking Trent Edwards tires

Beerball

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy to see he still has NFL life, he's a guy that's easy to root for. I still don't think he is very good, but he could make a serviceable backup, especially in that type of offense.

The fact that his "best year" included 11 TD's in 14 starts, while still throwing 10 picks despite his 66% completion rate, kind of says it all though...

Accurate yes...good, no...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Andy Reid thinks he can turn anyone with a skill set in to something good enough to be a back up and his track record except with Young isn't that bad at doing just that. Trent may actually be in a position to succeed, good for him. I have no bad feeling left about the guy. Jauron was a QB confidence killer and he did play behind a rotten Oline.

Andy Reid thinks he can turn anyone with a skill set in to something good enough to be a back up and his track record except with Young isn't that bad at doing just that. Trent may actually be in a position to succeed, good for him. I have no bad feeling left about the guy. Jauron was a QB confidence killer and he did play behind a rotten Oline.

Turning someone into a backup QB isn't much of a gift. Turning a mediocre starter into a crappy backup is more indicative of Reid's skills.

Eagles have to draft a QB this year. Vick is not a full season QB and won't last much longer due to his fragility.

I still sort of feel bad for Edwards. There was a moment in time where it appeared he had what it took both physically and between the ears. Then he got crushed by Adrian Wilson and that seemed to take the fight out of him. Life is all about what you do after getting knocked to the ground. Trent seemingly chose to lie down.

I still sort of feel bad for Edwards. There was a moment in time where it appeared he had what it took both physically and between the ears. Then he got crushed by Adrian Wilson and that seemed to take the fight out of him. Life is all about what you do after getting knocked to the ground. Trent seemingly chose to lie down.

that's all fine and dandy, except the part where trent edwards has the best game of his career against san diego the next time he steps on the field.

face it, the guy blows.

Wow!? Young must really be regressing. Watch Reid turn him into a great backup, get 2 firsts for him and then flop at his next starting job.

I hope he succeeds, much like Donte Whitner- Please notice how he is playing, now that he is in a football town. Just like when he was in Columbus, he is playing in a championship game.

So San Fran is a better football town than Buffalo :lol: :lol: :lol: Whitner hasn't played any better there than he did here; good hits, average tackling and getting burned twice a game for TDs.

Wow!? Young must really be regressing. Watch Reid turn him into a great backup, get 2 firsts for him and then flop at his next starting job.

So San Fran is a better football town than Buffalo :lol: :lol: :lol: Whitner hasn't played any better there than he did here; good hits, average tackling and getting burned twice a game for TDs.

Now you wouldn't be saying its a talent differential would you? It can't be- we have Roscoe Parrish, doggone it!!

Now you wouldn't be saying its a talent differential would you? It can't be- we have Roscoe Parrish, doggone it!!

If you said he played for a better football team then I would have agreed with you but to say that because a town is a better football town and that's why he is playing better is ridiculous.