The Official Mitt Romney thread

Sorry that you can't differentiate an attack on someone for pork spending, losing by 18%, wardrobe choice, and a name that googles as ass jizz from a DiN post.

A sweater vest means:

(1) bad mothereffer* or

(2) I need more rooster in my ass.

There's no middle ground.

*Alex P. Keaton could kick Chuck Lidell's ass.

So we're using wardrobe choice as a category on which to base our Presidential choice? Ok, we're toast.

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just realized, we're all forgetting the single most important difference between this election and 2008:

Oprah's off the air.

Nope, she's still on the air. But like Ohlberman, no one can find her.

A even simpler bullet point that kills all of those:

Obama isn't competent, and the truth is we all know it.

Nothing you've written stands up to the above. Nothing you've written can be put into a 10-30 second spot and hit any harder. Who cares about "I asked a commission to come up with a plan" and the rest of the machinations, when we have "Obama doesn't know the job, and neither do his people: remember the stimulus?"

You have presumed that Romney the Rich Guy is anywhere near as important to people as Obama the Failure. Nope. The first is an attack on Romney the person. The second is an attack on Obama's actions, and therefore, much more powerful. Remember Reagan. Good old Jimmy was "winning in all the polls" :rolleyes: back then at this point in the race too. Everyone was so "surprised" :rolleyes: when Reagan won. What we have here is the effects of denial, just like with Carter, both in the media and in the minds of the people that voted for Obama. The media will persist in it's denial until election day. However, I sincerely doubt all the people who voted for Obama will.

It's comforting, and therefore, easy to attach oneself to anything that supports this delusion/denial, which is why the Republicans beating each other up is so popular among Democratic voices and constituencies. However, it's only a small respite in the storm that is Obama's failure. As soon as it is over, we go right back to "ObamaFAIL" every day, all the time, like we were last spring.

The fact that you want us to take polls taken in the middle of a pissing contest between Republicans as some sort of serious indicator of where this election is going is.....well, it's not the first time you've been silly on this board, is it John Adams?

That plays with the 20% of America that was going to vote for him no matter what.

It doesn't however play with independents, who see smelly people every time that line is invoked.

I am clearly not a supporter of President Obama (although I would like him to be as successful as possible), but given the divide that exists in Congress, I don't think many people would be able to get a heck of a lot done. Call that defeatist if you want, but I am saying we should step up and do something about it.

I am clearly not a supporter of President Obama (although I would like him to be as successful as possible), but given the divide that exists in Congress, I don't think many people would be able to get a heck of a lot done. Call that defeatist if you want, but I am saying we should step up and do something about it.

Defeatist? It sounds great. We'd be in a lot better shape if Congress hadn't been able to get so much doneio er the last few years.

A sweater vest means:

(1) bad mothereffer* or

(2) I need more rooster in my ass.

There's no middle ground.

I've seen you defend guys who need more rooster in their ass to all ends at this site. Suddenly a guy in a sweater who needs more rooster in his ass is a problem to you? What will all your friends who need more rooster in their ass say about this?

Edited by LABillzFan

I've seen you defend guys who need more rooster in their ass to all ends at this site. Suddenly a guy in a sweater who needs more rooster in his ass is a problem to you? What will all your friends who need more rooster in their ass say about this?

My friends who like rooster in their ass all agree: Rick Santorum is a self-hating homosexual or the only heterosexual man wearing a sweater vest.

My friends who like rooster in their ass all agree: Rick Santorum is a self-hating homosexual or the only heterosexual man wearing a sweater vest.

Ah, that's right. He's a Christian. Chrstians don't like guys who need rooster in their ass. Should have figured there was another reason you didn't like him beyond the he-looks-stupid-in-a-sweater story.

Still begs the question, though: since Obama will win against any of these guys in a landslide, and you don't like Obama, then who do you see as being able to beat him?

Romney had a horrible nite, really no way to spin it. He's the unloved "conservative", they just don't like him, it's as simple as that. I always said that getting out of the primaries would be his greatest challenge. Having said that, he has some serious image issues he has to deal with, it appears he needs work with working class folks, alot of these people specially in the rustbelt aren't enamored with Obama either, which means that Romney's VP selection is critical, someone that can help sure up his base and rustbelt blue collar workers.

Voter turnout is down as well, people aren't enthused to go out and vote, and that's a potential problem. Without a doubt, they aren't enthused about Romney, he's been winning with his Biz bio and negative attacks on his opponents. Let's face it negative attacks works, but it also appears that it depresses turnout. The anti Romney sentiment is strong within the conservative movement, like I said earlier, I knew it would be an issue, so it's something that he is gonna have to continue to deal with.

In regards to Santorum, I like him, he's genuine, intelligent, has a good manufacturing economic plan that will appeal to rust best folks, tenacious debater and likeable. His negative is that he is seen as too religious for some people. It's something that he can overcome, as long as he doesn't overly talk about pro-life issues and how god guides him in his decisions, then he could be ok. One really big advantage he will have is with white working class people in states like Indiana, Ohio, Missouri, N.C and Pennsylvania.

The guy has become a more legitimate contender, also regarding his azz kicking he received in PA, lets face it, people were ready for change, he backed Bush's war policies and it cost him. I don't want to fully discredit it, because it is something to consider, but there were more issues to take into account as well.

Ah, that's right. He's a Christian. Chrstians don't like guys who need rooster in their ass. Should have figured there was another reason you didn't like him beyond the he-looks-stupid-in-a-sweater story.

Still begs the question, though: since Obama will win against any of these guys in a landslide, and you don't like Obama, then who do you see as being able to beat him?

I don't see anyone beating Obama.

Sorry to you and Jim: I didn't realize so many guys here wore sweater vests.

One really big advantage he will have is with white working class people in states like Indiana, Ohio, Missouri, N.C and Pennsylvania.

The guy has become a more legitimate contender, also regarding his azz kicking he received in PA, lets face it, people were ready for change, he backed Bush's war policies and it cost him. I don't want to fully discredit it, because it is something to consider, but there were more issues to take into account as well.

Santorum would win the christian right for sure but independents would not vote for an earmark-loving social-issues activist. Not saying he wouldn't' get some independents to vote for him because he at least talks a good game with his economic plan, but Romney has a much better chance of winning independents than Santorum.

And then there's the vest.

I can answer that for you (from JAs perspective) no one. Not any of the one's running anyway.

Which btw, I'm sure there are alot of guys wishing they did run this year. Jeb Bush, Mitch Daniels and Huck to name a few. Hell, I bet Mike Pence could of won it this year.

I will say this, JA's dogmatic like view is bit narrow when it comes to politicians and their expression for religion. I usually find that absolutist points of view obstruct clarity and truth. However, most reasonable people don't like when people push their religious views on people and that is something that Santorum would have to work on, without a doubt.

Santorum would win the christian right for sure but independents would not vote for an earmark-loving social-issues activist. Not saying he wouldn't' get some independents to vote for him because he at least talks a good game with his economic plan, but Romney has a much better chance of winning independents than Santorum.

And then there's the vest.

Yeah, I agree with you about Romney, and you may be right about Santorum. But without a doubt, I'm impressed with his campaign and his intelligence. He definitely has increased in value from my perspective.

Edited by Magox

I can answer that for you (from JAs perspective) no one. Not any of the one's running anyway.

Which btw, I'm sure there are alot of guys wishing they did run this year. Jeb Bush, Mitch Daniels and Huck to name a few. Hell, I bet Mike Pence could of won it this year.

I will say this, JA's dogmatic like view is bit narrow when it comes to politicians and their expression for religion. I usually find that absolutist points of view obstruct clarity and truth. However, most reasonable people don't like when people push their religious views on people and that is something that Santorum would have to work on, without a doubt.

Yeah, I agree with you about Romney, and you may be right about Santorum. But without a doubt, I'm impressed with his campaign and his intelligence. He definitely has increased in value from my perspective.

Jeb Bush would have won the nomination awhile ago.

I appreciate you answering for me. I don't think Romney is overtly religious when he expresses his views and I appreciate that. Santorum is the exact opposite.

Many Christians have a problem with Romney's Mormonism. It's going to be a lingering issue for him, along with his inability to connect to the everyman.

You're right that this election was ripe for the picking and the Republicans delivered up a batch of weak candidates. Huckabee or Bush would have won. Despite all the love Christie gets from the northeast (I love the guy), I'm not sure he would have won the primary.

Edited by John Adams

Romney had a horrible nite, really no way to spin it. He's the unloved "conservative", they just don't like him, it's as simple as that. I always said that getting out of the primaries would be his greatest challenge. Having said that, he has some serious image issues he has to deal with,

In regards to Santorum, I like him, he's genuine, intelligent, has a good manufacturing economic plan that will appeal to rust best folks, tenacious debater and likeable. His negative is that he is seen as too religious for some people. It's something that he can overcome, as long as he doesn't overly talk about pro-life issues and how god guides him in his decisions, then he could be ok. One really big advantage he will have is with white working class people in states like Indiana, Ohio, Missouri, N.C and Pennsylvania.

likable??? He reminds me of Stan's sister from South Park. He is a despicable, very dislikable person. I wish this hateful bastard would be the Nominee

likable??? He reminds me of Stan's sister from South Park. He is a despicable, very dislikable person. I wish this hateful bastard would be the Nominee

romney will win with a decent cushion (the super pacs have bought and paid for that eventuality). the general election will be quite close unless the economy continues to improve (ironically, the republican establishment's worst scenario) in which case, obama cake walks to reelection. either way, obama's gotta be considered the favorite right now. unfortunately, there's still plenty of time for game changing world events to occur.