Could We Be Closer To History Than We Think ??

T master

In 1989 we aquired a veteran WR by the name of James Lofton from the GB Packers & we already had a couple of good TE's , that being said with a couple of aquisition's from the Packers again this year could history repeat itself ??? I'm just asking !!!!

1989 Squad - Kelly QB - T. Thomas / K. Davis - RB's - WR - Lofton / Reed / Beebe ---- TE's - Metzelars / Mckellar

2012 Squad - Fitz - QB - F. Jackson / Spiller - RB's - WR - Driver ? / Parrish / Johnson - TE's - Chandler/ Finley ?

1989 - OL - Ballard / Devlin / Hull / Ritcher / Wilford

2012 - OL - Hairiston/Levetrie/Wood/Urbik/Pears

---------- Bell ---------------------- Jasper

1989 - DL - Pike / Wright / Smith ---2012 - DL - Williams / Heard / Dareus -----1989 - LB - Talley / Conlan / Bennett / Bailey

------------- Seals/ Smerlas -------------------- Carrington/Troup/Edwards ---------- 2012- LB - Merriman/ Sheppard/Barnett/Upshaw/Kelsay

1989- FS - Kelso / SS L. Smith ------ 1989 - CB - Odomes / Burroughs --------- 1989 - K - Norwood / Kidd

2012- FS - Byrd / SS G. Wilson ------ 2012 - CB- A. Williams / Searsy ---------- 2012 - K - Lindell / Morman

Of coarse the history thing comes from if we could pick up veteran Donald Driver this coming year as a threat opposite of Stevie & Finley too which would be good but i think he might be to pricey . Driver on the other hand like Evans is on the downside of his career so we might be able to get him for a decent price & he is still a great team guy , has always been more productive than Evans was & i think still has a couple of decent yrs left in him .

Plus he said he doesn't want to hang up his cleats just yet & has played his entire career at GB (small market) in the snow , how much better of a fit could you ask for ?? Insert a player or 2 from this years draft (Upshaw) & hope the others come back healthy along with resigning some of them .

I don't know but when i heard Driver could be let go this all came to mind . And by the looks of it the match is UMMM pretty close !! Oh & i know these may not be lined up quite right as far as true in line up position , but give it a rest , just go with the thought .

Go ahead chew it up Bills fans !!!

Edited by T master

Couple things,

That Oline in 1990 was awesome. They were dominant. They allowed Kelley and Thomas to be all pro's.

Don't get me wrong, kelley and Thomas were great. kelley was head and shoulders better the Fitz has ever thought about being.

And no, i do not still wear zubaz pants.

I think you are stretching big time if you think Driver makes the Bills SB contenders. Fitz does not have the long ball arm Kelley did.

I won't even get started on the D. But lets just say, there is no Bruce Smith on this team, or Bennet.

Couple things,

That Oline in 1990 was awesome. They were dominant. They allowed Kelley and Thomas to be all pro's.

Don't get me wrong, kelley and Thomas were great. kelley was head and shoulders better the Fitz has ever thought about being.

I think you are stretching big time if you think Driver makes the Bills SB contenders. Fitz does not have the long ball arm Kelley did.

I won't even get started on the D. But lets just say, there is no Bruce Smith on this team, or Bennet.

Where did it say in the post anything about going to a SB & for all that matters the Bills SB run didn't start till 91 & if you read the post you would realize that i am speaking about 1989 not 1991 !!

I again didn't say there was a Bruce Smith on this team i was just referencing AS THE HEADING SAYS !! :blink: COULD WE BE !! CLOSER TO HISTORY THAN WE THINK

I TAKE IT READING COMPREHENSION WASN'T YOUR STRONG SUIT !!!! :doh: & :wallbash: :wallbash:

I thought more highly of the Bills roster BEFORE looking at all those names side by side. We have a long way to go... But i agree with you tthat a couple of players here and there will definitely get us alot closer.

Comparing Edwards to Bruce smith just made me laugh

That's ridiculous

Who was comparing Edwards to Bruce ???? Not me --- It must have been in your dream world :huh: because i have Edwards as a back up , what post were you reading ? apparently not this one ...

Edited by T master

Couple things,

Our current roster loses out at nearly every position.

Sometimes all it takes is one or two players added to a unit to catipult it to the next level.

Unfortunately the superbowl is like 5 levels away.

We have .500

Wildcard

Win the afce

Win a playoff game

Get to the superbowl

Diver is 37 frickin years old in a couple of weeks. Why do you want that kind of dude on a team that's 3 years from the playoffs?

If the Bills were on the cusp of the SB, you can see brining in a guy for a year, maybe. But, why take reps away from a younger receiver on a rebuilding team?

Diver is 37 frickin years old in a couple of weeks. Why do you want that kind of dude on a team that's 3 years from the playoffs?

If the Bills were on the cusp of the SB, you can see brining in a guy for a year, maybe. But, why take reps away from a younger receiver on a rebuilding team?

I generally agree but I think we are thin enough at wr that if we lose one or two bodies it could totally stall the offense. Sometimes in order to have your qb, other wrs, rb, and line grow - help keep your defense fresh and healthy etc.... You need to have NFL caliber starters across the board even if it steals some reps.

Closer to history than we think? - - - I suppose it depends on how long Ralph lives. I'm not wishing him ill, but if Ralph passes before the stadium lease gets extended, there's a chance we could be history pretty quick!

No! Never! Wishing ill on another person? No way... wink. Wait, did I just type wink? D'oh!