Bills considering adding Ole Miss OC to staff

FluffHead

@AdamSchefter Adam Schefter

Jets and Bills both are talking to Ole Miss OC and former Dolphins QBs coach David Lee about joining their coaching staff.

I would assume Buffalo wants him to be George Cortez's replacement as QB coach.

Edited by FluffHead

Surprisingly substantial Wiki page:

http://en.wikipedia...._football_coach)

Lee was named "Innovator of the Year" 2008 by Sporting News for introducing the "Wildcat offense" to the NFL.[4]

After finishing a two year stint at Miami, on Monday January 11, 2011 Lee was brought back to the University of Mississippi as Offensive Coordinator under head coach Houston Nutt.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Surprisingly substantial Wiki page:

http://en.wikipedia...._football_coach)

Lee was named "Innovator of the Year" 2008 by Sporting News for introducing the "Wildcat offense" to the NFL.[4]

After finishing a two year stint at Miami, on Monday January 11, 2011 Lee was brought back to the University of Mississippi as Offensive Coordinator under head coach Houston Nutt.

Houston Nutt is actually a name? If only his name was Harry...

He couldn't come in as OC unless we fired Modkins, when I wasn't looking. :ph34r:

I know Modkins has the OC title, but he is just clipboard-holder-boy, Chan has been the one calling the shots. I'm not as critical of Chan's play calling as some (I would like to see some changes, particularly more plays from under center, and some play action pass game) but I think it may be a good idea to hand over play calling to someone else so he can be more of a true head coach rather than just an overseer of the offense.

I know Modkins has the OC title, but he is just clipboard-holder-boy, Chan has been the one calling the shots. I'm not as critical of Chan's play calling as some (I would like to see some changes, particularly more plays from under center, and some play action pass game) but I think it may be a good idea to hand over play calling to someone else so he can be more of a true head coach rather than just an overseer of the offense.

Modkins is being groomed to be the OC in time. This is something Gailey and Nix seem to believe in; grooming future personnel. Inge is hired as an assistant DL coach. Modkins is being groomed to be an OC. Stan Kwan, assistant Special Teams coach, Bobby Johnson Assistant OLine coach. Whaley is Asst. GM now, but the GM in waiting. Not a bad way to operate. Build talent from within.

Modkins is being groomed to be the OC in time. This is something Gailey and Nix seem to believe in; grooming future personnel. Inge is hired as an assistant DL coach. Modkins is being groomed to be an OC. Stan Kwan, assistant Special Teams coach, Bobby Johnson Assistant OLine coach. Whaley is Asst. GM now, but the GM in waiting. Not a bad way to operate. Build talent from within.

I thought Stan Kwan was a trainer?

I like that were paying this guy 500k+ and somehow act like he's an intern that makes coffee and copies.

@AdamSchefter Adam Schefter

Jets and Bills both are talking to Ole Miss OC and former Dolphins QBs coach David Lee about joining their coaching staff.

I would assume Buffalo wants him to be George Cortez's replacement as QB coach.

This would be an interesting addition. As far as I can tell, he does not have any particular "coaching pedigree" ties to Gailey

I like that were paying this guy 500k+ and somehow act like he's an intern that makes coffee and copies.

Good point! I do wonder, though, what Modkins' duties actually are? Chan was very clear in his introductory press conference that while someone else may hold the title of offensive coordinator, Chan himself would be performing the function of the offensive coordinator. So what is Modkins actually responsible for? Obviously something, or he never would've been hired.

1326342116[/url]' post='2361071']

Most, if not all, head coaches are heavy in one of the games' three aspects. It's their success in that area which inevitably provided their HC opportunity. This said, with no public insight to what Modkins is responsible for, its impossible to determine his impact separate from Gailey's direction.

JMO, but I'm pretty sure Chan knows how to be a true HC.