What do you do with your loose change?

bbb

I'm listening to Tony Kornheiser from yesterday and he mentions that it's the greatest thing - his bank has coin counting machines and they don't charge him because he belongs to that bank.

So, I'm thinking this is the greatest thing - I've been in search of a way to not have to roll coins forever. I hate it and have no patience for it. So, I have a ton of coins now.

But, in googling this a a little it seems that only some banks do this, and I'm not seeing any in the Buffalo area.

So, wtf do you guys do?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but they take their cut. I roll them by hand.

I think it is up to 9% now. But Coinstar keeps some people employed in Buffalo. Their receipt rolls are made and distributed from here

I take my pennies to Coinstar at Wegmans. Nickles & dimes at work for coffee

The CVS across the street from my office has those automated cashier machines. I don't mind throwing 20 pennies in those. I do need the quarters for laundry though, so I always put in the right amount of change that rounds it off to the nearest quarter.

Unfortunately, the things are stupid and half the time they'll give me back 5 dimes instead of 2 quarters.

I'm listening to Tony Kornheiser from yesterday and he mentions that it's the greatest thing - his bank has coin counting machines and they don't charge him because he belongs to that bank.

So, I'm thinking this is the greatest thing - I've been in search of a way to not have to roll coins forever. I hate it and have no patience for it. So, I have a ton of coins now.

But, in googling this a a little it seems that only some banks do this, and I'm not seeing any in the Buffalo area.

So, wtf do you guys do?

my bank takes them and puts them i a machine and gives me the dollars. I go every few months. Beats rolling coins for sure.

Not sure herenin Knoxville yet but I had a bank in Dallas with a machine .... No charge if the counted coins were deposited. Greatest thing ever for me as I hate carrying loose change and am forever piling it up in the car or a large cup on my desk.

Try RegionsBank, I use it here in Johnson City.

There's a bum in SF that holds a sign that says "I bet you can't hit me with a quarter." Brilliant!!

Then he gets in his BMW at the end of the day and drives home.

I will have to try that when I retire.

There's a bum in SF that holds a sign that says "I bet you can't hit me with a quarter." Brilliant!!

We had a guy that was once hard core homeless speak at our church ... one of the scams that stuck with me was he and a buddy would take a hamburger that they had a bite or two of on top of a newspaper near the top of a trash can. When someone wealthy looking - especially a woman - passed by they would "rummage" the hamburger out an start eating it (he said small bites to make it last). He said people nearly always gave them money when they saw the act.