Landry Jones

29 members have voted

1. 1. What will it take to obtain Andrew Luck from the Colts?

• Two #1's plus a veteran player
    • Three #1's
    • four #1's
    • This years entire draft?
    • This years entire draft, and more?

Yep, that's right. Now Landry Jones is staying in school for another year.

Matt Barkley is staying also, so that leaves RG3 as the only top QB prospect yet to declare his intentions

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/05/oklahomas-landry-jones-wont-enter-the-nfl-draft/

Holy cow, Andrew Luck is already rated as the next John Elway and some GM's have already stated they would give up Two #1 draft picks 2012 & 2013 and a vet player. Jay Glazer has stated it will take 3 #1's for the Colts to part with Luck.

Sooo, If RG3 stays in school, does Luck become the first player to be worth 4 #1's ?

I know fans here have been saying they would pull a Mike Ditka and trade this years entire draft for him, at this point it wouldn't be nearly enough.

Wow, just wow, crazy stuff. What if he turns out to be another head case like Ryan Leaf?

http://msn.foxsports.com/video/shows/nfl-on-fox?vid=226e5b7e-8244-47bd-ab3a-8ce2c9a2c7e5

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. It's good Jones is going back to school. Never can fault a kid for going back to get his education. Doesn't hurt to go back either since he struggled mightily down the stretch against good opponents.

2. This Luck conjecture is crazy, but I will admit there might be an outside chance for some team to move into that spot since the Polian firings. It ain't gonna be the Bills making the deal, though.

TO F IN MUCH AND HE AIN'T WORTH IT !!! :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: SURE HE'S GOOD BUT WHAT PRICE DO YOU TO POSSIBLY GET A RYAN LEAF ??

OR TICK OFF THE REST OF THE TEAM SO THE D CAN BE THE SAME NEXT YEAR & ALL OTHER THINGS ARE THE SAME NOT TO MENTION CREATING A QB CONTRIVEARSY RIGHT OFF THE BAT !!!!

IT'S LIKE CRACK JUST SAY NO !!!!!!! BESIDES KELLEN MOORE IS GOING TO BE THE STEAL OF THIS YEARS DRAFT !!!

I AM OFFICIALLY GOING ON RECORD SAYING HE WILL BE THE SLEEPER OF THE 2012 DRAFT !!!!

Edited by T master

TO F IN MUCH AND HE AIN'T WORTH IT !!! :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: SURE HE'S GOOD BUT WHAT PRICE DO YOU TO POSSIBLY GET A RYAN LEAF ??

OR TICK OFF THE REST OF THE TEAM SO THE D CAN BE THE SAME NEXT YEAR & ALL OTHER THINGS ARE THE SAME NOT TO MENTION CREATING A QB CONTRIVEARSY RIGHT OFF THE BAT !!!!

IT'S LIKE CRACK JUST SAY NO !!!!!!! BESIDES KELLEN MOORE IS GOING TO BE THE STEAL OF THIS YEARS DRAFT !!!

I AM OFFICIALLY GOING ON RECORD SAYING HE WILL BE THE SLEEPER OF THE 2012 DRAFT !!!!

Luck is no Ryan Leaf, you can bet the house on that. Luck will be a top tier QB in the NFL, probably within the first two years. Definite franchise QB. That being said, I still wanted Matt Barkley. Now that he's back in school for another year we go HEAVY DEFENSE or make a reasonable trade to move up for Blackmon. Kellen Moore is a left-handed Fitz, not the strongest of arms and you never know what you are going to get after 15-20 yards down field. Just say no to that idea.

Luck is no Ryan Leaf, you can bet the house on that. Luck will be a top tier QB in the NFL, probably within the first two years. Definite franchise QB. That being said, I still wanted Matt Barkley. Now that he's back in school for another year we go HEAVY DEFENSE or make a reasonable trade to move up for Blackmon. Kellen Moore is a left-handed Fitz, not the strongest of arms and you never know what you are going to get after 15-20 yards down field. Just say no to that idea.

Not a bad idea, get Blackmon, go defense the rest of the draft, and have Barkley next year. Then you have Barkley, Blackmon, SJ (assuming the Bills FO is not insane), Spiller, Fred, Wood, Levitre. That's quite a few potential pro-bowl caliber players.

Perhaps I'm crazy, but is there anyone here who would prefer RG3 over Luck. I would. RG3 reminds me of Rothesburger, minus the immaturity issues.

Big Ben - 6'5" 260lbs

RGIII - 6'2" 220lbs

There is no comparison on the field between the two. RGIII is more of an undersized, poor man's version of Cam Newton.

1. It's good Jones is going back to school. Never can fault a kid for going back to get his education. Doesn't hurt to go back either since he struggled mightily down the stretch against good opponents.

Accurate, but truth is he struggled against all opponents. Not good when under pressure, totally lost when Broyles went down, then Reynolds. Kenny Stills just isn't dependable enough yet.

Speaking of Broyles...I wouldn't be upset if the Bills took a flyer on him in the 3rd or 4th.

Perhaps I'm crazy, but is there anyone here who would prefer RG3 over Luck. I would. RG3 reminds me of Rothesburger, minus the immaturity issues.

Big difference in size between Griffin and Ben R. Both can keep plays alive, but in very different ways. What are you basing your comparison on?

H2O....6'2" is probably stretching things a bit, he'll top out at 6'1".

Big Ben - 6'5" 260lbs

RGIII - 6'2" 220lbs

There is no comparison on the field between the two. RGIII is more of an undersized, poor man's version of Cam Newton.

That comparison is so inaccurate its laughable. RG3 is nothing like Newton. He's a pass first QB that is much more accurate than Newton. Griffin will run necessary, but he's not a one-read and take off QB like Newton is/was.

Edited by Ramius

Smart move for Jones, personally I did not think he looked like an NFL quality QB this year. Compared to Luck and RG3 he definitely looks 2nd class.

As far as what it would take to get Luck in this year's draft? I couldn't answer that poll, I just don't think it's even close to being in the realm of possibility.

That comparison is so inaccurate its laughable. RG3 is nothing like Newton. He's a pass first QB that is much more accurate than Newton. Griffin will run necessary, but he's not a one-read and take off QB like Newton is/was.

Right. People see a black QB that can run, and they immediately say "Vick!", "Newton!". There are a lot of things that separate him from previous "quick" QB's. I think this guy is a legitimate passer FIRST, runner second..

Edited by Turbosrrgood

This madness HAS to end.

I cannot, simply CANNOT wait until Andrew Luck becomes an--at best--above average NFL quarterback.

Cat, Luck and RGIII may in fact be "all that".

I think Bradford was "all that" coming out of Oklahoma

One need only look at the fact that the poor guy has been sacked 70 times in 2 years, completed less than 54% of his passes, and threw only 6 touchdowns this year to demonstrate (if one needed it to be demonstrated) that there's more to making a player into a top NFL QB than just drafting a very promising college prospect.

Now he's being spoken of as "overrated" and a "bust" and his team is in position to draft Luck or RGIII if they wish.

But some folks will just never get it. We MUST trade up and get one of these guys, there are no reasonable arguments against it! <_<

Edited by Hopeful

RG3 has already declared for the draft. To me, three number ones seems like a fair price to pay for a potential elite franchise qb. I would do it.

RGIII has not declared. He has an announcement scheduled for the 11th or 12th. He has said on his Facebook page that he has not decided yet.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Yep, that's right. Now Landry Jones is staying in school for another year.

Matt Barkley is staying also, so that leaves RG3 as the only top QB prospect yet to declare his intentions

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/05/oklahomas-landry-jones-wont-enter-the-nfl-draft/

Holy cow, Andrew Luck is already rated as the next John Elway and some GM's have already stated they would give up Two #1 draft picks 2012 & 2013 and a vet player. Jay Glazer has stated it will take 3 #1's for the Colts to part with Luck.

Sooo, If RG3 stays in school, does Luck become the first player to be worth 4 #1's ?

I know fans here have been saying they would pull a Mike Ditka and trade this years entire draft for him, at this point it wouldn't be nearly enough.

Wow, just wow, crazy stuff. What if he turns out to be another head case like Ryan Leaf?

http://msn.foxsports.com/video/shows/nfl-on-fox?vid=226e5b7e-8244-47bd-ab3a-8ce2c9a2c7e5

Jones made the right decision...He's nowhere near ready... B-)

Cat, Luck and RGIII may in fact be "all that".

I think Bradford was "all that" coming out of Oklahoma

One need only look at the fact that the poor guy has been sacked 70 times in 2 years, completed less than 54% of his passes, and threw only 6 touchdowns this year to demonstrate (if one needed it to be demonstrated) that there's more to making a player into a top NFL QB than just drafting a very promising college prospect.

Now he's being spoken of as "overrated" and a "bust" and his team is in position to draft Luck or RGIII if they wish.

But some folks will just never get it. We MUST trade up and get one of these guys, there are no reasonable arguments against it! <_<

Whoa whoa...There is "no reasonable argument against it"? Sorry going to have to strongly disagree with you there.

I can definitely understand wanting a franchise QB, but there are many very reasonable arguments against it.

1) This team has several very large holes, QB not necessarily being one of them.

2) To trade many good picks to get one player that may or may not actually be good in the NFL is far from a guarantee of success. It would also have the potential of setting the team back even further for quite some time.

3) To your point above about Bradford, if we draft a potential starting QB at the expense of all other positions on the team, we have just placed that QB in a position to fail.

I am not necessarily saying I am against trying to get RG3...but there are certainly many good reasons not to as well.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Call Newton a "Run First" QB or 1 Read and run QB is not true.

He is a "pass first" QB and has a very accurate arm. He broke Peyton Mannings record for most passing yards by a rookie!

He just happens to be the Panthers Red zone back right now. That doesn't mean he is "run first."

But to say he is "more accurate" would lead people to think Newton is not accurate.

Newton is an extremely accurate QB, however RGIII's stats are insanely accurate. So yes he is "more accurate" but Newton is still extremely accurate.

I still think RGIII's baseball pitch of a throwing motion can cause problems in the NFL. I don't think he is as plug and play as Newton was\is; I think RGIII needs some time before he starts in the NFL.

Plus he just seems so slight build, like Stafford or Vick he might night not make it through 16 games + playoffs very often.

He needs to do about 10,000 squats in my opinion.

For the record I was High on Newtonn 2011, I am luke warm on RGIII in 2012, especially at #2 overall.

Edited by Why So Serious?