Landry Jones

29 members have voted

1. 1. What will it take to obtain Andrew Luck from the Colts?

• Two #1's plus a veteran player
    • Three #1's
    • four #1's
    • This years entire draft?
    • This years entire draft, and more?

Cat, Luck and RGIII may in fact be "all that".

I think Bradford was "all that" coming out of Oklahoma

One need only look at the fact that the poor guy has been sacked 70 times in 2 years, completed less than 54% of his passes, and threw only 6 touchdowns this year to demonstrate (if one needed it to be demonstrated) that there's more to making a player into a top NFL QB than just drafting a very promising college prospect.

Now he's being spoken of as "overrated" and a "bust" and his team is in position to draft Luck or RGIII if they wish.

But some folks will just never get it. We MUST trade up and get one of these guys, there are no reasonable arguments against it! <_<

Luck has had a great college career playing for a team that frustrates the hell out of their opponents with a robust run game that allows him to pick defenses apart when they run play action and there's nothing but green space galore 10-20 yards from the line of scrimmage.

And about those defensive power houses he's faced in the Pac 10, it'll definitely prepare him for an NFL style pass rush...that's for sure.

He can also expect, being chosen in the top-5, that he'll play behind an offensive line that is as air-tight as the one he's behind at Stanford.

Yep, based on Andrew Luck's college performance (which hasn't been statistically AWESOME, by any stretch of the imagination), we--as fans--should lay awake at night scheming up ludicrous scenarios that would never in a million years put him on our bench behind Fitz, which is where he'd be until at least November, anyways.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps I'm crazy, but is there anyone here who would prefer RG3 over Luck. I would. RG3 reminds me of Rothesburger, minus the immaturity issues.

Rothlesburger is much bigger than RG3 and even with that big frame he's hurt all the time with his play style. My guess is that RG3 is going to spend a lot of time on the sidelines with injuries.

1. It's good Jones is going back to school. Never can fault a kid for going back to get his education. Doesn't hurt to go back either since he struggled mightily down the stretch against good opponents.

2. This Luck conjecture is crazy, but I will admit there might be an outside chance for some team to move into that spot since the Polian firings. It ain't gonna be the Bills making the deal, though.

If any player gets a 1st round grade by the NFL draft committee and returns to school they are a moron. You can always go back to school and finish your degree. You onyl get a limited window to earn millions of dollars and set yourself and family up for life.

FSU's Jimbo Fisher has said that if any of his players tell him they've gotten a 1st round grade from the committee, he'll tell them to get the hell out of Tallahassee and go to the NFL.

Let's make some bets on how well Luck will do in the NFL. It'll be a long-term bet but I'm patient enough to wait.

Some of you have such idiotic opinions about Luck and you should have to pay. You should have to pay me.

Let's come up with some terms for the bet.

Let's make some bets on how well Luck will do in the NFL. It'll be a long-term bet but I'm patient enough to wait.

Some of you have such idiotic opinions about Luck and you should have to pay. You should have to pay me.

Let's come up with some terms for the bet.

I gotta know where he'll end up. But I'm confident he won't be making the Pro Bowl next season...

If any player gets a 1st round grade by the NFL draft committee and returns to school they are a moron. You can always go back to school and finish your degree. You onyl get a limited window to earn millions of dollars and set yourself and family up for life.

FSU's Jimbo Fisher has said that if any of his players tell him they've gotten a 1st round grade from the committee, he'll tell them to get the hell out of Tallahassee and go to the NFL.

...especially now that the increase in earning potential is not so vast between the bottom and the top of the first round. The NFL has rather inadvertently made it more likely that a first-round-graded underclassman will leave, if he has no interest in staying in school. How that explains Luck and Barkley's choices to stay - well, Luck did slot into the absolute #1 spot instead of a year competing with the likes of Newton. Barkley may well do the same with a good-great year next season. They may also just be more interested in staying in school to begin with.

I gotta know where he'll end up. But I'm confident he won't be making the Pro Bowl next season...

Remember when Tony Mandarich became a foundation of Green Bay's OL for a decade, and the many Pro Bowls that "can't miss" Mike Williams made?

Ugh, friggin Landry if these guys keep going back we'll never get Tannehill.

As Far as Luck goes if we can trade up for him we should do it, guys like him don't come around very often.

That alright he ain't all that any way !!!!! As far as Luck goes he's not worth giving up a entire two years worth of a draft when there are other real possible prospects that could be just as good given the right situation !!

Sure he'll be a great QB in this league for a long time but there will be others & at what you give to get is the thing that i would my biggest concern because let's face it we are Bills fans & there are some of you that :censored: about Kelly , so even if we did mortgage the next 3 years worth of picks for the guy there would still be people :censored: ing about it & i would be one of them !!!!!

Edited by T master

I that that advice is especially true for RB, LB, DBs, D-Linemen, Interior G\C.

I don't think that advise rings the same for QBs, and LOT and starting to become true for WRs. Its hard to hurt their draft status much by going back. (FYI Locker was not the consensus #1 overall pick in 2010 that is a myth he probably got drafted the same or higher by staying in a year) Even if he "dropped" he didn't drop that much.

...especially now that the increase in earning potential is not so vast between the bottom and the top of the first round. The NFL has rather inadvertently made it more likely that a first-round-graded underclassman will leave, if he has no interest in staying in school. How that explains Luck and Barkley's choices to stay - well, Luck did slot into the absolute #1 spot instead of a year competing with the likes of Newton. Barkley may well do the same with a good-great year next season. They may also just be more interested in staying in school to begin with.

Remember when Tony Mandarich became a foundation of Green Bay's OL for a decade, and the many Pro Bowls that "can't miss" Mike Williams made?

A smart player doesn't come out for their first contract but wants to put themselves in the best position for the second contract. If staying in a year helps perform better in the NFL therefore get that second big money contract than they made a good mode.

It's better to be a younger RB going into your second contract so a RB that gets a top grade they should bolt for the NFL.

Where getting more reps as a starter at QB is most likely only going to help, so staying back for a year is usually a smarter long term move. (Plus being the starting QB as a senior with no class load on a big time College Program is probably the sweetest year of anyone's in the history of humanity's life; Better than kings of kingdoms. You can't ever replicate that. It doesn't matter how much money you have.)

Edited by Why So Serious?

Perhaps I'm crazy, but is there anyone here who would prefer RG3 over Luck. I would. RG3 reminds me of Rothesburger, minus the immaturity issues.

Ive already hearing whispers from different places that RG3 will be the #2 player off the board if he declares, AND some think he might even be better then Luck.

no link just yet, sry ....workin on it

Cat, Luck and RGIII may in fact be "all that".

I think Bradford was "all that" coming out of Oklahoma

One need only look at the fact that the poor guy has been sacked 70 times in 2 years, completed less than 54% of his passes, and threw only 6 touchdowns this year to demonstrate (if one needed it to be demonstrated) that there's more to making a player into a top NFL QB than just drafting a very promising college prospect.

Now he's being spoken of as "overrated" and a "bust" and his team is in position to draft Luck or RGIII if they wish.

But some folks will just never get it. We MUST trade up and get one of these guys, there are no reasonable arguments against it! <_<

Speaking of never getting it, I love how trading up is casually mention like a rental car upgrade or value meal super size. Mortgaging the franchises future on one player has never done anything other than get people fired. Trade 3 or 4 first rounders for one player? Really?

This madness HAS to end.

I cannot, simply CANNOT wait until Andrew Luck becomes an--at best--above average NFL quarterback.

Look at what Carson Palmer fetched in a trade.

So three 1st + some 2nds and 3rds for Luck, even if he is only an "above average NFL Quarterback," isn't exactly too much or over priced when comparing.

Edited by Why So Serious?

That alright he ain't all that any way !!!!! As far as Luck goes he's not worth giving up a entire two years worth of a draft when there are other real possible prospects that could be just as good given the right situation !!

Sure he'll be a great QB in this league for a long time but there will be others & at what you give to get is the thing that i would my biggest concern because let's face it we are Bills fans & there are some of you that :censored: about Kelly , so even if we did mortgage the next 3 years worth of picks for the guy there would still be people :censored: ing about it & i would be one of them !!!!!

I never said two whole drafts, I voted for 3 1sts.

Uh, that's because an education from FSU makes you the smartest toll both worker..... (sorry, if you are going to serve a nice slow one over the plate, I have to knock it out of the park)

As far as Andrew Luck goes, I think, like any QB coming out, he has a good chance of being very good, and a lesser chance of being a huge disappointment.

Interesting read:

http://www.nfldraftbible.com/Players/List/2013-Big-Board/Andrew-Luck.html

Cons: The biggest issue with Luck is his awkward throwing motion. He has a windup that causes him to drop the ball below his waist before he throws it which, unlike Tim Tebow’s, doesn’t appear to add momentum to Luck’s passes.

From what I have seen of Luck, he throws to a lot of wide open receivers....a critique i have heard of many other statistically good QBs in college. I don't see a ton of "tight window" throws. But i haven't watched an enormous amount of Luck's games. Make no mistake, he is clearly talented, but i am not sure he is as great as people think or predict.

Look at what Carson Palmer fetched in a trade.

So three 1st + some 2nds and 3rds for Luck, even if he is only an "above average NFL Quarterback," isn't exactly too much or over priced when comparing.

If there's one thing that the Raiders have proven--from Moss, to Seymour, to Palmer--it's their awesome ability to orchestrate balanced trades. :w00t:

Luck has had a great college career playing for a team that frustrates the hell out of their opponents with a robust run game that allows him to pick defenses apart when they run play action and there's nothing but green space galore 10-20 yards from the line of scrimmage.

And about those defensive power houses he's faced in the Pac 10, it'll definitely prepare him for an NFL style pass rush...that's for sure.

He can also expect, being chosen in the top-5, that he'll play behind an offensive line that is as air-tight as the one he's behind at Stanford.

Yep, based on Andrew Luck's college performance (which hasn't been statistically AWESOME, by any stretch of the imagination), we--as fans--should lay awake at night scheming up ludicrous scenarios that would never in a million years put him on our bench behind Fitz, which is where he'd be until at least November, anyways.

Luck looks the part and I would take him in a second. But unless the guy wins multiple SBs, the hype that surrounds him will him a disappointment. The Pac 12 sucks on defense and Stanford is a run first team. Additionally if he is going to replace Manning, the expectations on him is going to be insane.

Also, Landry Jones is hot garbage. A backup Qb at best.

How bout none of the above... way to much to pay for one player. The draft is an educated crap shoot. There is no guarantee Luck will be any better than Jimmy Clausen

Jimmy Clausen is maybe one of the worst NFL Qbs ever. I still can't believe some folks here wnated him with 1st round pick.

Not me. RG3 is good and I'd like to see him in a Bills uniform, but Luck is on another level. If you have ever watched a game with Luck playing and not seen how polished his game is then I just don't know what to tell you.