Some Indy Insight into Polian's firing

Polian's an ass. I've heard that in articles for a while now. When he wins, it's all hunky-dory, but when the ship seems to stall out, he becomes intolerable.

Polian is no picnic when things are going well, either. He just has a volatile personality and always wears his heart on his sleeve. He's also a very nice guy most of the time.

GO BILLS!!!

The Indy Star's Bob Kravitz wrote some damning articles about Polian even before his ouster.

But none of the disclosures are particularly surprising.

This is the same guy that we knew in Buffalo back in the late 80's.

Unlike most people, Polian is brilliant.

Like most people, he is flawed.

Some of his flaws were pretty hard to ignore.

The writer says Irsay has class!!!??? How about the class he showed in stealing FA Will Wolford from the Bills years ago with the poison pill contract offer. Real classy!! Say what you will about Polian and his not being nice, but Irsay is a d*ck.

The writer says Irsay has class!!!??? How about the class he showed in stealing FA Will Wolford from the Bills years ago with the poison pill contract offer. Real classy!! Say what you will about Polian and his not being nice, but Irsay is a d*ck.

Hmmm… I would be totally on board with calling Bob Irsay a d*ck but I've actually heard lots of great things about Jim Irsay.

Also, don't you think that Wolford's agent (and therefore Wolford himself) was complicit in the offer sheet made by the Colts?

Wolford was born in Kentucky and played at Vanderbilt which is in Nashville, Tennessee.

Indy is pretty close to home for Wolford.

I would not assume he was an innocent party in that whole affair.

Part of it might have also involved making his kid the successor as GM. Apparently Junior was in charge of the last few drafts and, well, you can see the results.

PTR

"Doesn't play well with others" seems to matter more when the stack in the L column is tall and the stack in the W column skimpy

Both points seem very true.

With the Polians it was an all or none deal. Irsay couldn't have one without the other.

And winning covers up a lot of warts.

A friend on mine in Indianaplois said that Polian had long worn out his welcome there due to his arrogance.

He shouldn't have been too arrogant this year when it became obvious his team sucked moose meat without Manning.

Did he draft any other talent?

Other teams lose their QB without falling apart like Indy did.

I got over that awhile ago. Time to let it go.

He shouldn't have been too arrogant this year when it became obvious his team sucked moose meat without Manning.Did he draft any other talent?Other teams lose their QB without falling apart like Indy did.

The Bears certainly are not among them, and thus lost their GM as well, and are rumored to be interested in Polian (and the wheel goes round and round).

If you think Jim Irsay is a dic, his father was the biggest dic in the history of the NFL, to his players in particular.

It must be nice for an NFL owner to have the time to "twitter" to all his fans

I suppose the Colts fans base and its writers forget what that Franchise was like before Bill Polian, back to back 3-13 seasons. It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see the Colts slide back to what they were before Polian, a crap org with crappy coaches and GM's.

PS I could care less if Polian was a complete bastage to everyone, just as long as the team wins :D

Edited by Fear the Beard

Irsay spends more time on Twitter then a 14 year old girl...says all you need to know about him

Polian is no picnic when things are going well, either. He just has a volatile personality and always wears his heart on his sleeve. He's also a very nice guy most of the time.

GO BILLS!!!

Very much this.

Even in the Super Bowl years the rumors/inside baseball were that he was tough to work for and with.