Brandon on WGR Now

silvermike

His attitude towards the Bills shouldn't change until the team changes. I haven't agreed with every criticism he's articulated over the years, but the team certainly is easy to criticize.

It's more than just the Bills. They guy hates football in general. His love of baseball always made me wonder why he didn't go to a market with a MLB team. Instead he stays in a market dominated by hockey and football, and even at that, he mails it in day after day.

PS I hear more interesting guests on one Sal weekend show, then I hear on the morning and afternoon show over the course of a month which consists of Hamilton, Sullivan, and jibberish.

Edited by LabattBlue

It's more than just the Bills. They guy hates football in general. His love of baseball always made me wonder why he didn't go to a market with a MLB team. Instead he stays in a market dominated by hockey and football, and even at that, he mails it in day after day.

I don't think he really has much knowledge or appreciation of baseball, either - he just has a big card collection from when he was 5 and used to buy them to get the bubble gum.

Schoop and the Bulldog are the worst sports talk radio hosts that I have ever heard. I listen to sports talk radio quite often and have lived in numerous cities with different national/local hosts and they are by far the worst. I can't beleive they keep their jobs. Whenever I'm home and turn them on they are mostly talking about non-sports issues. Once it was a comedy movie draft, then it was something about christmas movies. I had to turn it off. I'm sorry but in the middle of the football and hockey season you should be talking about football and hockey (among the other sports) on a sports radio show. I'm not even going to get into how rude and condescending they are to pretty much all the callers.

Simon in the morning is not bad, but the afternoon show needs to change. The SVP national show isn't bad at all, but not a lot of hockey talk.

Schoop and the Bulldog are the worst sports talk radio hosts that I have ever heard. I listen to sports talk radio quite often and have lived in numerous cities with different national/local hosts and they are by far the worst. I can't beleive they keep their jobs. Whenever I'm home and turn them on they are mostly talking about non-sports issues. Once it was a comedy movie draft, then it was something about christmas movies. I had to turn it off. I'm sorry but in the middle of the football and hockey season you should be talking about football and hockey (among the other sports) on a sports radio show. I'm not even going to get into how rude and condescending they are to pretty much all the callers.

Simon in the morning is not bad, but the afternoon show needs to change. The SVP national show isn't bad at all, but not a lot of hockey talk.

They are pretty bad, and the quality of their comedy bits and production are like a bad college radio station.

I actually think Schopp and Bulldog drag each other down. When I hear each guy solo they sound better than when they are on together. How long has Bulldog been on the air? 20+ years? And the guy still stammers when he tries to express an opinion. It's downright embarrassing to listen to.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Yeah, I can't wait for the hypocrite Schoop to change his tune with the wind and his paycheck. The guy is a downright arrogant curmudgeon on a good day, this should make it better!!!

Why in the world would you want his attitude to change on the Bills? They are the most pathetically run organization in the league and to be honest, it feels good to hear exactly what I think about those idiots behind the curtain.

So does anyone want to report on what was said instead of arguing about the talking heads?

Russ said Bills moving to Entercom. Many stations to push the Bills on. Sounds like games on AM only, not broadcast on a FM Entercom station. No word on Murph and Kelso, although 550 did play a promo right after the interview of Murph calling a play. Russ says looking forward to the relationship, last time together Bills in Super Bowls. Talked about GM, player and coach radio shows- did not specify which station would carry what, but sounded like all the Entercom stations would get a taste.

For me, I hate the idea of the games on AM, cruddy signal. And if using internet app, too much lag. Also, can't wait to hear Schopp play nice, probably will be a gradual thing.

I have not been a fan of WGR. I think they have been going downhill ever since WNSA went off the air.

I was very disappointed when 1230 switched its format.

However,I think this is a great move. It will improve the quality of the content on WGR and it will improve the access we fans have to Bills related information. Win-win for both companies and us fans.

Russ said Bills moving to Entercom. Many stations to push the Bills on. Sounds like games on AM only, not broadcast on a FM Entercom station. No word on Murph and Kelso, although 550 did play a promo right after the interview of Murph calling a play. Russ says looking forward to the relationship, last time together Bills in Super Bowls. Talked about GM, player and coach radio shows- did not specify which station would carry what, but sounded like all the Entercom stations would get a taste.

For me, I hate the idea of the games on AM, cruddy signal. And if using internet app, too much lag. Also, can't wait to hear Schopp play nice, probably will be a gradual thing.

I caught the end of the interview but Brandon said they would explore having the game on FM sister stations as well.

I caught the end of the interview but Brandon said they would explore having the game on FM sister stations as well.

The only thing bad about wgr550am sports radio all the time, is the signal at night weakens. 107.7 FM might be used for any 4pm or night games.

The only thing bad about wgr550am sports radio all the time, is the signal at night weakens. 107.7 FM might be used for any 4pm or night games.

They don't actually lower their power. They switch to a north-south directional pattern at night. One big selling point on WGR for the Bills might be their excellent signal in Toronto.

WGR daytime coverage (In the day, WGR is listenable to the purple contour.)

WGR nightime coverage (At night WGR is almost unlistenable outside the red.)

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

They don't actually lower their power. They switch to a north-south directional pattern at night. One big selling point on WGR for the Bills might be their excellent signal in Toronto.

WGR daytime coverage (In the day, WGR is listenable to the purple contour.)

WGR nightime coverage (At night WGR is almost unlistenable outside the red.)

PTR

This is probably a really dumb question, but why do they change their directional pattern at night? Some sort of cost savings at night?

This is probably a really dumb question, but why do they change their directional pattern at night? Some sort of cost savings at night?

"Damn the sun! How long will it torment us?"

-- Guglielmo Marconi

I think it's easier for AM waves to travel at night. PTR will know a lot more about this than I, though.

Brandon on again this afternoon. Bulldog asked him about Fred and Stevie. Wouldn't answer.

Mike or Bulldog asked him - after he just told them that Buddy Nix had "complete autonomy" on football matters - if Fred's new contract and re-signing Stevie was Buddy's call. Brandon completely contradicted himself within ten seconds by saying, "it will be a group decision", meaning he, Overdorf and Ralph will decide, and Buddy will just scratch his ass.

Great breakthrough in news coverage.

WHILE MOST EVERYONE AGREES SHOOP AND BULLDOG SUCK AT THEIR JOBS , DOES'NT ANYONE REALIZE THAT THE SIMPLEST WAY TO GET RID OF THEM IS TO BE THE RESOURCE THEY HAVE TO RELY ON .

.Their limited futures now depend on the bills .. The likely hood of them being employed by next season is slim.. gr55 owners must have finally read the market analysis.. say so long to schoop and bulldog in the near future.

WHILE MOST EVERYONE AGREES SHOOP AND BULLDOG SUCK AT THEIR JOBS , DOES'NT ANYONE REALIZE THAT THE SIMPLEST WAY TO GET RID OF THEM IS TO BE THE RESOURCE THEY HAVE TO RELY ON .

.Their limited futures now depend on the bills .. The likely hood of them being employed by next season is slim.. gr55 owners must have finally read the market analysis.. say so long to schoop and bulldog in the near future.

Keep your supporters nearby, and your critiques next to you.

The signing of the Bills to Entercom Buffalo must not be a big deal to Corporate Entercom. No mention of it on their (Entercom.com ) website. Schoop mention yeterday that they missed being/going to the Bill's games. I offered up Hammer's Lot and the Rock Lot to Entercom Buffalo managment for a pregame show like what they did in the past (right after 97rock got the broadcast rights) in my lots. No re$pon$e.

Should be interesting. At the very least I'll be able to hear the game while driving across Canada (Though with satellite radio, null point).

When the Olympic finals hockey game was on WGR, I got their signal from Buffalo until the game ended when I was about 10 miles short of Sarnia, ON.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

From today's Buffalo News:

There are critics of the station who believe that their hosts occasionally go easy on the Sabres and their management due to their broadcast partnership, but anyone who listens to a steady diet of Schopp, in particular, or the frequent on-air appearances by News Senior Sports Columnist Jerry Sullivan, would not be likely to invest much in those conspiracy theories.

Keep your supporters nearby, and your critiques next to you.

The signing of the Bills to Entercom Buffalo must not be a big deal to Corporate Entercom. No mention of it on their (Entercom.com ) website. Schoop mention yeterday that they missed being/going to the Bill's games. I offered up Hammer's Lot and the Rock Lot to Entercom Buffalo managment for a pregame show like what they did in the past (right after 97rock got the broadcast rights) in my lots. No re$pon$e.

Well it seems somebody at Entercom Buffalo comes to "The Stadium Wall" for knowledge as the Bills/GR agreement is now up at Entercom.com.