Maybin's last four games

BRH

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So all he did for the year was have more sacks and more forced fumbles than ANY BUFFALO BILL DEFENDER? Ya, man does he suck! We should be glad we got rid of him.

It's pretty sad that Maybin out performed most of our defenders in certain key statistical measures. I think it speaks to our lack of talent development and coaching.

That being said... Maybin wouldn't be playing at that level on our squad.

So all he did for the year was have more sacks and more forced fumbles than ANY BUFFALO BILL DEFENDER? Ya, man does he suck! We should be glad we got rid of him.

I understand your reasoning stat-wise but it was more a product of the system, IMO. On many of his plays that I saw they would overload blitz Maybin's side and let him use his speed to run around the tackle because the O-linemen was forced to take inside pressure first.

I also saw many plays where he was one on one with the tackle and got manhandled.

Just because he stinks slightly less than what the Bills have doesn't mean that he doesn't stink. I'm actually happy he had some success considering the year he had (losing a parent), but I think Maybin peaked and will last maybe 2 more years in NFL. Maybe 1.

Look, any fan can tell Maybin is NOT a legit LB. He's benefitting in Rex's system, where offenses are more worried about Bart Scott, Jim Leonard and Calvin Pace on throwing down's. One positive Maybin has is his motor - he doesn't give up, which is why he caused the fumbles he did - he chased down QB's or was able to get to them when they were driven into his path by the rest of the Jet pass rush.

He was drafted to be THE guy - he never will be THAT guy. So the Bills cut him. End of story. No regrets!!

Look, any fan can tell Maybin is NOT a legit LB. He's benefitting in Rex's system, where offenses are more worried about Bart Scott, Jim Leonard and Calvin Pace on throwing down's. One positive Maybin has is his motor - he doesn't give up, which is why he caused the fumbles he did - he chased down QB's or was able to get to them when they were driven into his path by the rest of the Jet pass rush.

He was drafted to be THE guy - he never will be THAT guy. So the Bills cut him. End of story. No regrets!!

No he wasn't. He was drafted as a situational pass rusher, which is what he is in NY.

He's still very young. He'll be 24 next football season. I would think we'll see even more of an improvement if he's in the right system. Wasn't right for Buffalo. Thirty-five tackles in 40 career games with six sacks isn't good. And he was a rookie holdout, too.

anyone who seriously thinks he is a good player that was a product of bad coaching in Buffalo is either taking that stance just to rile up a debate for funsies, or actually needs his head examined...

The guy weighs a paltry 221 lbs currently, can't even play every down, was WAAAAY out of position, or pushed out of the play on several of his sacks, and was lucky the QB held onto the ball too long, AND is simply not good.... Wait, I'm trying to be logical about this again and talk sense... my bad.

Whoa is me, the bills suck, we should have kept him....and trent edwards....and dick jauron.............and jp losman.............and 'lil donte....... :thumbdown:

again I have to ask the question... does it actually hurt out loud to be this pessimistic and spiteful against the Bills as an organization?

Yup.

Don't bother.

WEO will dig up the article published during Mayhem's first training camp which discusses how Maybin is expected to be a situational pass rusher in his rookie season. Nowhere does this or any other article suggest that he was drafted solely to be a situational pass rusher. Common sense suggests that you don't draft a role player 11th overall. WEO's response will be something to effect of how the Bills did exactly that because they're incompetent.

Just trying to save us all some time.

anyone who seriously thinks he is a good player that was a product of bad coaching in Buffalo is either taking that stance just to rile up a debate for funsies, or actually needs his head examined...

The guy weighs a paltry 221 lbs currently, can't even play every down, was WAAAAY out of position, or pushed out of the play on several of his sacks, and was lucky the QB held onto the ball too long, AND is simply not good.... Wait, I'm trying to be logical about this again and talk sense... my bad.

Whoa is me, the bills suck, we should have kept him....and trent edwards....and dick jauron.............and jp losman.............and 'lil donte....... :thumbdown:

again I have to ask the question... does it actually hurt out loud to be this pessimistic and spiteful against the Bills as an organization?

Sometimes I wonder, man. Though I guess some people love the pain.

He's still very young. He'll be 24 next football season. I would think we'll see even more of an improvement if he's in the right system. Wasn't right for Buffalo. Thirty-five tackles in 40 career games with six sacks isn't good. And he was a rookie holdout, too.

The rookie holdout thing is a good point that is often forgotten in the recent hagiographies of Mr. Maybin. He missed a big chunk of his first training camp, and still signed for a slotted amount. That is on him.