Is Kelsay actually good or is Tebow just that bad?

Was I wrong about Kelsay? I've been bashing him on TBD for two years and now I'm wondering if he's just playing the wrong position. This was by far his best game of the last 2 season. The thing about playing Tebow is he's the only left-handed quarterback Kelsay has faced this year (was injured vs Vick). Kelsay has a "high motor" and tends to rush WAY outside and gets lead 15 yards into the backfield nearly every play. Vs Tebow this worked, because Tebow obviously didn't study film on Kelsay, and kept dropping back into the "Kelsay zone." He got 2 sacks plus he basically forced the INT to Specer Johnson. Tebow never saw him coming. Now, wouldn't it be smart, at this point, to let Kelsay line up on the opposite side against right-handed quarterbacks??

Kelsay has always been a great team guy !! He works hard shows up for every game but after losing Schobel every one here thought we could just depend soley on him & he isn't that type of player to just dominate with out other input from other players !!

With him getting older i think it would be a good move to bring in a younger player to eventually take his place but the guy has heart & is good in the locker room plus he can be a good mentor to show rookies how it's done as far as a good work ethic ..

I don't think he's long for the team because with the way Buddy is drafting for the future his position will be one of depth & a veteran presence very soon but he has definitely given all he's had for our team & i for one like what he brings !!

Kelsay proved, in his play against Tebow, that he really is the Devil. This also explains the ridiculous contracts, as Ralph is literally making deals with the Devil to keep himself alive.

That is all I can figure out.

I think you're on to something. Might explain how "bad" Kelsay is most of the time.

Kelsay is in my opinion a good role player but just isnt a starter

I think in the right defense and playing in a situational role he could be very effective

Hopefully, he will have a situational role on another team next year. because on this team he is paid to well for that role, based on how we construct rosters.

He played possibly a career game on Sunday. Games like that just don't come often enough for him. Us losing Schobel doomed him and exposed him.

He has always been a decent player, nothing spectacular, not a Pro bowler, but just a decent/good player. The Fans here just expect more, and need their whipping boys to try and run off the team (then B*t*h and moan about how bad the Front office is when they are gone and have a good game)

Teebow is a good runner and is elusive, thats why he has had success this year, he can use his feet to get away from rushers and make plays.

Kelsay isn't bad, but I just don't see him as a guy to lead the defense forward. He cannot play OLB, but George Edwards really isn't bright wnough to move him back to DE. Tebow really is bad. I hate when people continue to make fun of him because he can win, and then there is us. Tebow really isn't that good, but it will take Denver a few losing seasons to figure this out.

Edited by Buffalo Bill1

Kelsay isn't bad, but I just don't see him as a guy to lead the defense forward. He cannot play OLB, but George Edwards really isn't bright wnough to move him back to DE. Tebow really is bad. I hate when people continue to make fun of him because he can win, and then there is us. Tebow really isn't that good, but it will take Denver a few losing seasons to figure this out.

Agreed. Did you see Tebow's sack for a 29 yard loss against the Pats? He drops back WAY too far. No wonder Kelsay had such a great day.

Was I wrong about Kelsay? I've been bashing him on TBD for two years and now I'm wondering if he's just playing the wrong position. This was by far his best game of the last 2 season. The thing about playing Tebow is he's the only left-handed quarterback Kelsay has faced this year (was injured vs Vick). Kelsay has a "high motor" and tends to rush WAY outside and gets lead 15 yards into the backfield nearly every play. Vs Tebow this worked, because Tebow obviously didn't study film on Kelsay, and kept dropping back into the "Kelsay zone." He got 2 sacks plus he basically forced the INT to Specer Johnson. Tebow never saw him coming. Now, wouldn't it be smart, at this point, to let Kelsay line up on the opposite side against right-handed quarterbacks??

Kelsey is a good football player. He is a DE that should line up with his hand on the ground. He should not be an 3-4 OLB playing in coverage or in space because he is not fast enough.

Kelsey is a great team player and a true competitor.

He gets a lot of bad press here on TSW, but I think real NFL football people would consistently tell you he is a good player that plays hard on every down.

Here we go with the Kelsay hate bandwagon...

Kelsay is not as good as he looked in the Broncos game, but not as bad as Bills fans make him out to be. Kelsay is strong, and often gets "near" the QB...What Kelsay doesn't have is the closing burst and more important the agility to actually get to the QB. Tebow holds onto the Ball forever, allowing for Kelsay to get to him.

Having said that, while Keslay is not a big "sack guy", he does consistently force the QB to move. If we had ANYONE on the other side that occasionally provide any sort of pressure, they could reap the benefits.

Let's get someone BETTER than Kelsay, before we cry more about him. Because right now we don't have anyone even close to being better than him. The guy is what he is, an average at best LB that at least gets near the QB consistently. More than I can say for any other OLB on this team.

And for those who consistently play the "contract" card. Kelsay is making 2M this year (not a lot for a 9 year vet), thats it. That "big" contract everyone complains about is loaded with incentives that he is not hitting, and roster bonuses that the Bills can avoid by cutting him or restructuring.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I know I'm in the minority here, but I have always believed that if Kelsay has his hand in the dirt, he can make an impact. He is a good 43 DE. As an OLB, it is just embarrassing watching him play.

Count me in the minority as well. Perennial TBD Whipping Boy Chris Kelsay is a decent to darn good DE. He is not a good line backer. If we just played him at DE he'd be fine.

Tebow sucks.

Kelsay sucks.

Please join me, lets all hold hands and pray to santa claus that they are both out of the league soon.

Kelsay can get to his farm career in Nebraska, and Tebow can get to his Florida career, praying to santa.

I thought Kelsay had his best season as a Bill this year, save the injuries. I would actually notice when he was on the field, making what some crazy people call, an "impact." Keep him around, he's paid a lot but its not like we need to save money anywhere.