Bell kicked butt!

Buffalo Mike1

The, we should be getting rid of Woods too. He has been injury prone. We could start all over with inexperienced O-linemen and scrubs from other teams. Bell's injuries have not been the same ones. He just had some bad luck. Much of our team had bad luck. Maybe next year, we'll get some good luck in the injury department.

The difference between Bell and Wood is that Wood is popular on this board and Bell is not. Unfortunately, I think the writing is on the wall for Bell. The Bills have a hard enough time re-signing vets let alone players who the HC doesn't really like. The guy who needs to move to a backup is Pears. He has been easily the worst of the three after a strong start but he just got a large contract extension. It's just the way the Bills roll. Next season = 2nd year LT coming off injury plagued season and journeyman RT.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The difference between Bell and Wood is that Wood is popular on this board and Bell is not. Unfortunately, I think the writing is on the wall for Bell. The Bills have a hard enough time re-signing vets let alone players who the HC doesn't really like. The guy who needs to move to a backup is Pears. He has been easily the worst of the three after a strong start but he just got a large contract extension. It's just the way the Bills roll. Next season = 2nd year LT coming off injury plagued season and journeyman RT.

Pears had a bad game against Cameron Wake last weekend, but has played well all season long and had a great game against Von Miller yesterday.

Levitre has really been a bright spot, this was really his come out year to prove that he was worth his draft status. I was worried for a while there that he was undersized, but as predicted, he built himself up so he could compete at an NFL level, and continued to show the amazin -line smarts and instincts he was drafted for, making him an all around excellent lineman. he isn't on the juice, is he? Its just me being a nervous bills fan, but man, he sure did get stronger in one season, he used to be a great technique guy, but overpowered, now it seems like he is using that technique, and mauling guys in the process, Really playing alot bigger. Now please don't take this as me accusing a Buffalo Bill that I really like as a player of wrong doing, I just wonder what made the change? Finally growing into his size? Learning how to use his technique to overpower bigger platers? 2nd puberty?

Anyways, on a second note, I genuinely believe that bad teams get injured more. Now granted, the opposite is true (badly injured teams end up as bad teams), but the bills have been mostly bad, and perennially on the most injured list. My THEORY (nothing more) is this: I think that when teams are bad, their players, especially the good ones, are having to play out of position, to have to cover for the mistakes of other players. For example, a LT has his guys wrapped up, feet under his shoulders, keeping his center of balance, well, centered.. In that position he is perfectly set up to finish his blocks without getting injured However, if the guard next to him misses the coverage of his blitzing linebacker, or lets his DT slip by him, the offensive tackle finds himself trying cover up his guy, but also trying to cover up the guy that should have been picked up by someone else. He then finds himself out of position, trying to grab or push someone while he is extending himself, center of gravity way off, making him way more likely to roll, turn, twist or hyperextend something. It also increases the likelihood that he may find himself in a place where someone could unexpectedly roll onto his legs. Just a theory, but I really think that playing out of position, and a failure to execute plays as designed predisposes a team to injury. Thoughts?

I started digging around a bit, can't find much on any of the O-line injuries.

Hope Urbik and Bell heal up for next weeks games at the Patsies.

It seems like the O-line has been a bright spot this year, greatly improved.

I don't think "bright spot" nearly depicts what they've done. They've been dominant.

Pears had a bad game against Cameron Wake last weekend, but has played well all season long and had a great game against Von Miller yesterday.

Well, it helps if you actually watch all the games. Pears has exceeded expectations this season. And he is signed to a friendly deal AFAIK. Glad we locked him up.

GO BILLS!!!

Well, it helps if you actually watch all the games. Pears has exceeded expectations this season. And he is signed to a friendly deal AFAIK. Glad we locked him up.

GO BILLS!!!

Pears is serviceable to pretty good. Bell is actually pretty good, Hairston looked ok but unproven completely. Bell is pretty good and due a new contract - he will be gone, Littman-stylee. Ditto for SJ.

Pears is serviceable to pretty good. Bell is actually pretty good, Hairston looked ok but unproven completely. Bell is pretty good and due a new contract - he will be gone, Littman-stylee. Ditto for SJ.

Sometimes it works out well to let an injury prone player walk. Jonas Jennings is an example of this. That said, I am OK with the Bills keeping Bell. He is, as you said, "pretty good" when he is on the field. It would allow the team more room to fill the void at LB. I want them to pay SJ as well.

But none of us should be surprised if Bell continues to get injured.

Sometimes it works out well to let an injury prone player walk. Jonas Jennings is an example of this. That said, I am OK with the Bills keeping Bell. He is, as you said, "pretty good" when he is on the field. It would allow the team more room to fill the void at LB. I want them to pay SJ as well.

But none of us should be surprised if Bell continues to get injured.

I think they should re-sign Bell and Stevie. Pay extra for Stevie if you have to, he is a fan favorite and that is worth something. An added bonus is that it will be fun to watch Crayonz go ballistic if Bell is re-signed and then gets injured. :devil:

Between Bell and Hairston we have our Left Tackles, both of them can play pretty well.

The O-line seems to be better and more stable this year, even with the injuries.

We need a center, Wood has an injury that will take a year to come back from fully, it may be training camp 2013 before he is in full effect. LG and RG seem to be solid. RT we have our guy and have to give him the time. LT combo Hairston/Bell we can hope to get almost a full season out of.

We need a center, Wood has an injury that will take a year to come back from fully, it may be training camp 2013 before he is in full effect. LG and RG seem to be solid. RT we have our guy and have to give him the time. LT combo Hairston/Bell we can hope to get almost a full season out of.

This is what scares me the most- Wood coming back from yet another devastating injury. Talk about bad luck, this guy is loaded with it. If we need a center, we have taken a step backward, as Wood is an extreme talent.

Wood was the leader of the line and when he went down we lost a potential pro bowler. He will be back 2012 training camp not 2013 last i read. Hope i did not miss something!! Wood and Levitre should be our long term starters.

I hope we resign stevie but i get a bad feeling. He would make a great #2 for us

GO BILLS!!!

Pears has struggled in several games this season. He has played well in others. He is a marginal starter. He is also a 7 year vet so he is not likely to get any better. Bell is a much better player. He has played better against better defensive players. Therefore, Bell will walk and Pears is signed to a new contract. This is my concern. It's time that the Bills re-sign their better players, not their cheaper ones.

Edited by vincec

I sure hope we resign Bell - I don't see a huge market for him, but he will get paid by someone willing to take the risk/reward = it should be the Bills.

My prediction is that Bell (LT) and Hairston (RT) will be the starters next season, with Pears as the capable back-up. I don't think the Bills will use their #! pick on a LT as some have suggested. There are too many other glaring needs, and it seems that online is not one of them, it really has become a strength (Wow! WHo would have thought that at the beginning of the year).

Of course, we need to keep them relatively healthy for a whole season.

BTW - Colin Brown played well on Sunday, and Rhinehart has proved to be a very valuable back-up guard, either side.

Pears has struggled in several games this season. He has played well in others. He is a marginal starter. He is also a 7 year vet so he is not likely to get any better. Bell is a much better player. He has played better against better defensive players. Therefore, Bell will walk and Pears is signed to a new contract. This is my concern. It's time that the Bills re-sign their better players, not their cheaper ones.

I would wait and see what the market value is for Bell and SJ. I think Bell will resign but they will not overpay because he won't command top LT money due solely to his injury problems. SJ should also be resigned but not for 9mil a year. He is not a true #1 and does not make the big catches. I am curious what his market value is. I would rather sign Welker.

I would wait and see what the market value is for Bell and SJ. I think Bell will resign but they will not overpay because he won't command top LT money due solely to his injury problems. SJ should also be resigned but not for 9mil a year. He is not a true #1 and does not make the big catches. I am curious what his market value is. I would rather sign Welker.

Bell will get some nice money in a new deal. Some will be incentive based, but is will still be more than Overdorf/Littman will pay. He is as good as gone.

As usual, they waited too long being cheap.. As soon as they realized this 7th rounder had legit NFL talent they should have signed him up, but no joy. Now we are going to have to really hope Harston is as good as he looked.

Edited by zazie

How much do you offer Bell? Considering he's missed 17 out of 48 games the past 3 years?

Bell is done as is Urbik. Chan said NOT Good.

Since Bell cant stay healthy we can keep him as a backup and pay him accordingly. And Urbik should be retained he has become solid for us.

I agree, they have both been solid but would like to see a legit LT

Bell and Pears handled Denvers oass rushers a lot better then I was expecting they would though

The passing game still had a sub par game

Edited by Max997