Honestly what was your prediction at the beginning of the year?

PNW_Bills_Fan

Before the season Prediction?  

140 members have voted

1. 1. What was your prediction before the season/

• 0-16
    • 1-15
    • 2-14
    • 3-13
    • 4-12
    • 5-11
    • 6-10
    • 7-9
    • 8-8
    • 9-7
    • 10-6

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree.

I also thought we were between 7-9 and 9-7. I'll admist after thier 3-0 and then 4-1 start I was thinking they were either 10-6 or 11-5. Man what a derailment from that start. I think the main thing to look at going into the season is our starters whn they were in were 5-2 starters, it's when the backups and depth came in after injuries that we fell off the face of the earth. So next year with a healthy team we could be better, with all the guys we getting experience who will be backups next year we could be better, with a few FA we could be better, with another strong draft we could be better. We obviously don't need all of these things but if any one of these things becomes true we will improve next season.

I had us at 5-11 or 6-10. I thought our linebackers, ends, and oline sucked too much to be any better. I even thought 4-12 was possible after trading evans.

having said that, I'm not in the least bit pleased with the way we finished the season. After the 5-2 start, I thought there was no way (minus a fitz injury) that we should finish any worse than 9-7. Gailey is on the hot seat imo and needs to deliver 10 wins next season or he should be fired.

I am tired of hearing about us letting our best players walk. Who have we let walk that did not price themselves above their value? I want us to resign Stevie Johnson but not at the level of let's say a Larry Fitzgerald. Stevie may get that kind of money from some team, I just don't think he is worth that much. Now if he will sign at a decent rate and play for incentives, I am all over that.

That said I thought we could have been 10-6 if we stayed healthy. I think depth was our downfall.

6-10 although after the fast start I thought they were going to do better

Posted 19 September 2011 - 03:28 PM

As I had the Bills as a 6-10 team, this fast start makes me think this may be the first time in 11 years where I'll miss my prediction by more than 1 game- dead on 4 times off by one the rest- so I'm optimistic that by the end of the season the board can call me a nattering nabob of negativity.

I honestly thought that the Bills would be 8-8 this year. I think the biggest surprise has been the offensive line.They have been consistant. Played much better than I anticipated. The running game has been good but the quartbacking has a lot to be desired. Though the injuries to the WR corp had a lot to do with production. The biggest dissappointment has been the defense.I thought we would see much more progress but they seemed to have regressed. As if the last 2 drafts have had no effect on how effective they should have been. There has been no pass rush.

I will say this. WEAK TEAMS ALWAYS GET HURT......This team looks like at times exactly what it is a bunch of hurt misfits.....

Now lets look at the upcoming draft. Where the Bills should be cocentrating is quarterback.Fitzpatrick looks to be laboring every throw. I beleive thats due to lack od arm strength. This draft has 6 to 10 potential starters coming out of the draft, BUT The Bills needs will have to draft a long shot for defense because there is no major pass rushers coming out.

With Wilson not willing to sign big free agents this team is having to hope most of their draft choices are a hit. Well the first NIX draft as far as I'm concerned it was a bust. So this draft coming up will either make or break both Nix and Gailey... Good Luck.....

I honestly thought that the Bills would go 9-7. Even when they were 5-2 I kept myself reserved, but I did not foresee a 7 game losing streak.

I thought Fitzpatrick could play solid to good football, and that Fred Jackson would give us a decent running attack and Spiller would get a chance to show why he was a highly rated RB.

I did not expect Fred Jackson to light it up, the way he did. It was tough losing him to injury, but thankfully Spiller has stepped up and looks like he is quieting a lot of the doubters on this board. I still do not know why Gailey refuses to just trust Spiller more.

My big concerns on offense was 1) The play of the O-Line and, 2) Stevie Johnson being the #1 WR.

Johnson has been solid and at times spectacular. Still I would not give him Larry Fitzgerald money, but we definitely need to re-sign him. The Bills have got to pair him with another top-notch receiver. Donald Jones is not going to fill that need, and while I like David Nelson, I see him as more of a #3 receiver.

The O-Line exceeded expectations and should be a strength of this team going forward. I know this sounds premature, but we need to lock-up Andy Levitre, he is our best player on this line. I am greatly concerned about Eric Wood. He's sustained two major injuries and durability now becomes a question. I hope he can come back and play at the same level. The same can be said for Demetrius Bell, I think he's a solid player at LT, but injuries are a concern. Chris Hairston has done a fine job and he should have a future with us.

On the defensive side on the ball, I expected to have a lot of headaches, especially at OLB. Merriman played good, but when he went down things got ugly. Throw in Kyle Williams and Chris Kelsay getting injured early and Andra Davis getting replaced by a rookie, then things really went south.

I love Marcel Dareus, but he was all alone with very little help on the edges. The emergence of players like Aaron Williams & Kelvin Sheppard while rough at times, definitely gives me some optimism at how good they can be for the defense.

I had them at 4-12 in the preseason. Nevertheless, the 7 straight losses - after wins over good teams - is unacceptable. That's an indictment of the coaching. Given the win today over Denver, which is a halfway decent team, you can't tell me that the losing streak was all injuries either.

In short, I think the talent is mostly there and I even think they can win with Fitz (I mean, come on, the Bucs won the Super Bowl with Brad Johnson). They do need some more depth. But more importantly they need solid coaching and smart FO moves (e.g. give Jackson a raise regardless of what Spiller did today).

5-11. given the talent they have over achieved this year getting off to 5-2. Getting 6 wins for this group of players is good. Given the contributions of this past draft class, another good draft class in 2012 and a couple of decent free agents playoffs are a possibility next year, but should be likely in 2013. Absolutely need to find a franchise QB to learn next year and take over in 2013.

5-11... Face it they got lucky against the Raiders and Patriots. They were never as good as there early record. But after that start and before the injuries I let myself get excited. I looked at the rest of the schedule and though a sweep of the Dolphins, a split with the Jets and wins over Denver and Tennessee should get them into the playoffs. I actually was more worried about the loss to the Bengals coming back to haunt them in some tie-breaker keep them out of the playoffs heart break. Then the inuries... I still believe they were never as good as their early record but they found a way to win those game and if not for the injuries we would be talking playoff scenarios and tie-breakers today instead of the 2012 draft.

I thought they would be within 1 game of .500 either way...7-9,8-8 or 9-7...still can be 7-9 with a little luck next week...

This team definite;y was good enough to be 8-8 this year so its a little bit of a disappointment to me to have lost games against teams like Tennessee and Miami(twice)