To Get Andrew Luck

8-8 Forever?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO Andrew Luck would get crushed as a Bill. Stanford has the best O-Line and running game in college football. His WRs get tons of seperation. Coming into the NFL will be a dose of reality for Luck and all the "experts."

Actually his Wide recievers are not very good. He does have a very good tight end

I'd do it in a heartbeat.

What does the point chart that everyone loves to reference say? I bet it is not as far fetched a trade as some would think. May not be balanced, but not outrageous especially with a guy like Luck sitting there.

With the cap it's probably pretty outdated for top 5-10 picks

I'd do it in a heartbeat.

What does the point chart that everyone loves to reference say? I bet it is not as far fetched a trade as some would think. May not be balanced, but not outrageous especially with a guy like Luck sitting there.

I based it on a point chart that I found. None of this is exact, but, for example, trading the entire draft would not get you from #8 to #1. Need more high picks from the next years draft.

This is about what it would take to move from #8 to #1 this year. Would you do it? I would.

If you could guarantee he's the next Peyton sure but you never now. We still have too many needs and really need those picks. In a few years when we have the team rebuilt properly and Fitz is still inconsistent then we can trade up for some young Gun.

The Colts spent a whole year tanking it for Luck. They ain't trading.

Apperently they changed their minds last night.

Your first 3 picks over 2 drafts for 1 player? Coming from a rebuilding team with a ton of holes?

Heck no.

Bills did not look like a rebuilding team when going 5 and 2 with a healthy team. So why would that same team with one year more experience not perform about the same next year. Not sure this is actually a rebuilding team. I am not sure there are "a ton of holes" not caused by injury. Just one with an way-above-average injury problem to their best talent. Luck is one of a kind. You'll see. As the team that gets him crushes us for 15 years.

It's a hefty price to pay. I wouldn't give up our first 3 picks over the next 2 years. I would give up our entire draft this season without thinking twice, but apparently that's not enough. As much as I think we need a new qb, It's the price is too much.

This years and next years number 1 pick along with Fred Jackson. I love Freddie but I'D do this deal in a heartbeat. Okay I'll throw in the extra pick we have in the latter round this year also. Boys we got ourselves a real quarterback finally to groom.

Of course you would give that up for Luck.

That package is not nearly enough to get him, though.

I think it was Clayton so take it for what it's worth. A couple of weeks back he said it would take three#1's and two number 2's to move up from 8-10 to number 1.

Probably still won't get a deal done. Luck said last year when it was getting close to time to declare. That he was worried about ending up with a team like Buffalo and he would stay at Stanford if that could happen.

No Luck for us.

YES !!!....YES !!!.....YES !!!

those lost draft choices are just unused salary cap slots, which have not been lost and can be used on a proven free agent(s).

Andrew Luck is a Top Ten Franchise NFL QB.

heck, i'd do the same deal (swap #1's, plus another #1, two #2's and two #3's) for RG III.

I would LOVE to see a bold move like the Bills giving up this year's number 1 and 2 and next year's one...but alas the Bills will need those picks too much to trade as the crap hole organization is going to let SJ or Freddy walk...amongst others.

This is about what it would take to move from #8 to #1 this year. Would you do it? I would.

I would as well. We havent had a franchise qb since Jimbo. I would give whatever they wanted. Look at our past 10+ drafts. Have we drafted anyone that we couldn't live with out? I also would trade up for RGIII.

I know it's nuts but I would give away the entire draft to get him. Personally I don't think this team is too far away - they need a couple of OLBs and a better coordinator, and not much else. Put a young John Elway into that equation (and that's what you'd be getting), and you're 1 or 2 years away from being perennial powerhouse. I know these moves rarely work out, but in my view Luck is such a sure thing, once-a-generation player, that unless he would refuse to come to Buffalo I'd do the deal.

Your point is well taken but those two OLBs have to be good ones. How do you obtain them if you give away the draft? Betting on free agents is always a risky proposition when you're talking about the Bills, for a number of reasons.