Barkley's decision comes this afternoon...

Bronc24

When is USC eligible again?

I remember thinking back when it happened that Barkley would have to return for his senior season in order to get a chance for the NC, so I'm pretty sure it's next year. I've always assumed that he would do just that, though USC hasn't exactly been playing at NC level, so it would probably not be the greatest decision.

Edited by Faustus

Yeah, I think he's going back. I always think it's crazy to go back in football with such a great injury risk than basketball, and I always want them to stay in for hoops, but it seems like a lot of the decisions go the other way.

Man, we really need him to come out!

Yeah, I think he's going back. I always think it's crazy to go back in football with such a great injury risk than basketball, and I always want them to stay in for hoops, but it seems like a lot of the decisions go the other way.

Man, we really need him to come out!

I don't think USC would be so eager to advertise the decision if he was leaving. My guess is he stays and gambles on being the #1 pick next year.

I don't think USC would be so eager to advertise the decision if he was leaving. My guess is he stays and gambles on being the #1 pick next year.

The only hope is they actually did have the same type of news conference set up when Sanchez announced he was leaving.

I didn't want Cam or Gabbert this year, but would have no problem at all if we selected this kid. He's got some game.

Sports radio folks have been making the point that it wouldn't be as good of a situation for him next season since Kalil won't be there to protect his blind side. I guess we'll have to see, though.

We need to get a stud player with our top pick next year, whether this kid comes out or not.

Crayonz, he did say that he disagreed with McShay's mock draft and that he thought "some teams would be shuffled around," and that he didn't want to end up "in the wrong situation." You draw your own conclusions.

I could see that meaning lots of things.

But the bottom line is that if he believes in his own abilities and didn't want to end up in Buffalo he must think we are getting better. He might be talking about another team who stunk this year but is also getting better. I wouldn't put too much stock in it because football players are usually really bad handicappers.

Crayonz, he did say that he disagreed with McShay's mock draft and that he thought "some teams would be shuffled around," and that he didn't want to end up "in the wrong situation." You draw your own conclusions.

There are a number of undesirable locations in the Top 10, Buffalo perhaps being the most undesirable, but I doubt that the Bills specifically scared him away.

There are a number of undesirable locations in the Top 10, Buffalo perhaps being the most undesirable, but I doubt that the Bills specifically scared him away.

If we did it is good no matter what. Either he thinks we are getting better or he has no belief in his own abilities.

Didn't/don't want Barkley, but I was hoping he'd come out, b/c he'd be almost a mortal lock to go in front of our pick. I really want RG3, but based on Ralph's latest comments, it looks like no QB will be an option for the Bills this year. Still, Barkley in the draft would've given us a better shot at "our guy", whoever that may be.

Here's a news flash: if you think you are going to be picked in the top 10 (or maybe top 5) teams, you are going to end up on a team that has a reputation for being dysfunctional, and that is not just limited to the Bills.

Is he really staying in school because a mock draft has him picked by a team like the Browns, Jaguars, Bills, etc? That would be silly. What makes him think the landscape will be any better next year?

And he thinks we won't stink next year too? Lol jokes on him. We'll be waiting in 2013 too, he's only delaying the inevitable

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Think about it from his stand point, would you want to play for Ebeneezer in the frozen tundra of upstate NY, or would you rather play in a nice sunny So Cal area with nice cute So Cal babes?

It would be enough to make me want to finish my education rather then being drafted by the QB concussion capital of the world. Just look back at the decade of 10+ QBs on this franchise,along with the 40+ O linemen.

This ball club had better draft RG3 because they need someone who is great at Throwing AND running!

Thats good news! Because today Ralph said Fitz is fine, so figure after another year of sucking

with Fitz, we will have positioned ourselves perfectly to draft Barkley in 2013. Trust Ralph, he has a plan.

Ralph did say to be patient, so I think you're onto something. Suck for Barkley in '12!

Ralph did say to be patient, so I think you're onto something. Suck for Barkley in '12!

and then barkley will pull a tom cousineau on us... i mean seriously, even if we were drafting a qb this year, who in their right mind would want to come here into this present situation? the nfl is set up for parity and quick turnarounds, but there is no hope in sight for this franchise.

Last time I checked a guy named Jim Kelly also didn't want to end up in Buffalo... I'm just saying....

Obviously his decision wasn't based on our loser team but if it did, and he ended up in Buffalo next year? Wouldn't that be a story huh?