Merriman, Parrish, players "wanting to stay" with their team/c

Booger

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its time to let them both go and find new healthy talent. Merriman got paid for 2 seasons and only played in like 6 games and that was sparrringly.

And you replace them with who? You have to create cap space for who? Stupid argument when one is under contract. I agree, let Parrish walk. Receivers are a dime a dozen anymore. Get one that is fast and bigger than Parrish.

YOU DON'T "FILL" HOLES WHEN YOU CREATE NEW ONES!!

WHY DO YOU THINK THE TEAM HAS BEEN A 4-7 WIN WACK-A-MOLE FOR THE LAST 12 YEARS!?

SO KEEP MERRIMAN, KEEP PARRISH, KEEP JOHNSON, JACKSON, KELSAY AND EVERY LAST PLAYER WHO PLAYED THIS YEAR ON THE OFFENSIVE LINE.

AND ABOVE ALL YOU KEEP FITZ!!!

Edited by The Big Cat

I know! Barnett suffered major injuries two of the last three seasons. We need to cut him now too! It's only a matter of time before he suffers another one. And Easley, my God! He is eating up so much cap space. Cut him immediately. Even though he's been medically cleared and looked like a beast this preseason, definitely DO NOT bring him into camp. What do you expect when the OP is named Booger.

My question to you is WHY? Why keep Merriman? So that he can take up camp space and hinder development of a player with potential?

If Merriman's name was "Joe Smith" people would be screaming to cut him. I hate to say this, HE WILL GET HURT AGAIN. This is the NFL. This is the most violent sport in the world. He has been hurt the past 3 years and unfortunately his injuries are VERY serious. His body will never be the same as it once was which leaves him vulnerable for future injuries. There is a reason why he resigned with Buffalo...Buffalo was the only team offering him that type of contract. I was fine with it to give it a shot. Thought there was great upside...but when a player lasts for 6 weeks (most being preseason) before going on the IR AGAIN there is a trend.

What is funny is that Buffalo fans want Buffalo to get better...yet we are never willing to give up on players. I am not saying that they dont have talent, but when you cannot depend on those players what good are they?

Why?!? Why not. If he is one of the top 53 players in camp he should stay on the roster. Parrish, when healthy is better than what we have out there now. It's a gamble that any player will stay healthy all season. IMO Roscoe is worth the gamble. Did you see what we are rolling out there for receivers? Roscoe would probably look good out there right about now.

What is funny is that Buffalo fans want Buffalo to get better...yet we are never willing to give up on players.

Whats funny is that when we do give up on players people complain about that(Willis, Lynch, Maybin, Poz,Fletch, etc).

And you replace them with who? You have to create cap space for who? Stupid argument when one is under contract. I agree, let Parrish walk. Receivers are a dime a dozen anymore. Get one that is fast and bigger than Parrish.

Receivers are a dime a dozen anymore.

I say keep him and see if it works out. We needed more than a dozen this season. We have a dime to spare. Right Ralph?!

While we all love to play airmchair GM's we must trust that the football and financial minds at OBD (not TBD) will make the best decisions regarding who remains on the roster and who goes. With that said, the Bills clearly have many gaps to fill so any of these players need to be evaluated on three levels:

Are they the best player at a position and therefore earn the right to start

Are they better than others who may be in second or third string levels

Do they have some unique skill, leadership ability or other intangibles that push the team to a better place if they are on the roster.

(A potential fourth is can an equivalent or better player be moved on to the roster for less money)

In my book where any of these three players fall depends largely on health.

Just making sure that people realize when players such as Merriman and Parrish come out and say "I want to stay in Buffalo", "I wanted to come back to Buffalo", etc. they do/say this in order to tug at emotional strings and land a contract or contract extension.

Please realize that it is time to cut lose this type of player. I am not stating they are not talented, but their talent is limited to when they can actually play healthy. At this point PARRISH coming back next year should not even be a question to a functional front office. NO is the answer. Merriman coming back next year is a NO. Easley should be a NO, but may be invited to camp because of what they are paying him.

Move past these players....This happens to every team, every year...it just seems as if the Bills give the most 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th chances in the NFL

I wouldn't mind keeping Merriman, we simply have no one else even resembling a starter at that position. I have no desire to see Roscoe in a Bills uniform. There is no place for a 160# WR in the NFL...

Just making sure that people realize when players such as Merriman and Parrish come out and say "I want to stay in Buffalo", "I wanted to come back to Buffalo", etc. they do/say this in order to tug at emotional strings and land a contract or contract extension.

Please realize that it is time to cut lose this type of player. I am not stating they are not talented, but their talent is limited to when they can actually play healthy. At this point PARRISH coming back next year should not even be a question to a functional front office. NO is the answer. Merriman coming back next year is a NO. Easley should be a NO, but may be invited to camp because of what they are paying him.

Move past these players....This happens to every team, every year...it just seems as if the Bills give the most 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th chances in the NFL

Merriman gets like what, 3 million a game?... In B-LO that's a great contract.

Please cut fitz while you are at it too. He has shown he is a back up.

Merriman is a stay. Let's see what happens now he has had the surgery to repair his acl. Easley was good in preseason and I think will be pretty good next year. Parrish drop him or sign him to a year at the league minimum.

But seriously cut fitz. He is got fecal matter.

Sometimes this is a good thing to do. It is called loyalty and players talk to each other.

Merriman is under contract as is Easley, why not give them a shot?

Merriman hurt was actually much better than any other player on the roster at generating a pash rush. If you analyze things once he left was when the Bills lost any ability to generate any pass rush.....notice I am not saying sacks but pash rush. He was at least providing a push in the pocket and was genrating some type of pressure on the opposing QBs. It is no coincidence that once he went to IR everyone started complaining about the Bills not even getting a sniff of the QB.

Finally -- Thank you we do have some fans in Buffalo that can see things for what they really are & not in some kind of fantasy !!

I wish there were more though because some of the posts are getting pretty hard to take !! Thank you for the breath of fresh air !! :thumbsup:

Please cut fitz while you are at it too. He has shown he is a back up.

Merriman is a stay. Let's see what happens now he has had the surgery to repair his acl. Easley was good in preseason and I think will be pretty good next year. Parrish drop him or sign him to a year at the league minimum.

But seriously cut fitz. He is got fecal matter.

As bad as Fitz has been recently, he is still far better than any other QB we have had since Bledsoe's one good year for us.

Fitz is by no means a star, but he looked like one when this team was healthy. Once the Bills lost all of their best players on offense his play went downhill (Jackson, Wood, Chandler, Jones, even SJ was injured)...What a shock! Like I say about all players that get targeted by a "just cut 'em!" band wagon, get someone BETTER first. If the Bills get a better QB that proves themself, sure maybe you can cut Fitz. But what is your plan? Cut Fitz and start Thigpen? Levi Brown?

Edited by Turbosrrgood

How about the organization discusses the prospects of Merriman and Easley based on the informed opinions of their medical staff, instead of whatever is in the press, and then makes a decision on whether to cut them? Which could be made any time during camp. There is no public basis for deciding that Easley will get re-injured or have heart problems again. Merriman on the other hand has a fairly clear history of significant injury, but he is under contract. I think you have to trust that the team will judge this based on being closer to the situation than we are.

As for Parrish, the team can make an offer that appears suitable for a player that has a relatively high injury risk, and if he does not sign it, move on. If they decline to offer him anything, that means they believe he will not contribute enough to warrant a minimum salary and/or roster spot.

Merriman was a motivator when he was on the field and the defense played better. While I'm sure his heel is made of glass, you can't just cut a motivating voice in the locker room. I say keep Fitzpatrick. He is obviously a career backup so when the QB we draft comes along, he will assume his backup role.

Merriman was a motivator when he was on the field and the defense played better. While I'm sure his heel is made of glass, you can't just cut a motivating voice in the locker room. I say keep Fitzpatrick. He is obviously a career backup so when the QB we draft comes along, he will assume his backup role.

Agree about Merriman.

With his new salary the Bill's would never keep Fitz as a backup...But you don't cut a guy unless you have someone better to replace him with. Love em or hate em he's the best QB we've had in a while.

Receivers are a dime a dozen? How come we can't find 2 NFL caliber ones? I'm sure ralph would even pop a quarter for one of them.

Receivers are a dime a dozen? How come we can't find 2 NFL caliber ones? I'm sure ralph would even pop a quarter for one of them.

My question to you is WHY? Why keep Merriman?

Why get rid of him? So Ralph can take more money to the grave? WTF do I care about that? Its not like if we cut Merriman we will go spend that money on a real player...it'll just go into Ralphs pockets.